So say Sacramento gets the #1 pick, and Washington the #2 pick...do they swap?

pretty toney

Banned
Of course the lottery NEVER stands pat and falls within format and some random !*% team like the Pacers will probably end up w/ the #1...but if it doesI've been thinking would that trade make sense?

Don't the Kings need Rubio more than they need Griffin and don't the Wizards need Griffin more than they need Rubio? I mean Jason Thompson has quite afuture ahead of himself at the PF position and Gilbert Arenas...although not a traditional point...is good enough to get that team through any team in the East(not named Cleveland) when the team is at full strength...IMO. Plus he has quite an ego and would consider a move to the #2 as the team telling him he'snot a good PG.

i agree because i dont think a frontline of thompson and Griffin could work in the west

EDIT:

forgot about Hawes also

Why swap? Why not just take Rubio one and let Griffin go two?

Happened with Durant, happened with Howard.

Washington isn't really in a position to give anything up extra when they can just draft #2 as planned, even if it's Rubio, they could always packageother guys in seperate deals.

So no, I wouldn't make that move.

Kings def need Rubio more than Griffin.. Thompson & Hawes are fine

Originally Posted by CP1708

Washington isn't really in a position to give anything up extra when they can just draft #2 as planned, even if it's Rubio, they could always package other guys in seperate deals.

Because them taking the best overall talent in the draft gives them more leverage. They could either keep him or use him in a deal that maybedoesn't include Washington.

^
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

Originally Posted by CP1708

Washington isn't really in a position to give anything up extra when they can just draft #2 as planned, even if it's Rubio, they could always package other guys in seperate deals.

Because them taking the best overall talent in the draft gives them more leverage. They could either keep him or use him in a deal that maybe doesn't include Washington.

Ok, I see, you're talkin from Sac's point of view.

Anyone else have the stones to move up to one and get Griffin? Cuz like I said, I don't see what Washington has to give to get him without moving one oftheir 3 key peices. And I don't know why Sac would want one of those 3 anyways. They only have 3-5 solid years left if that.

I pray OK City gets the #1.
pimp.gif
That would be insane.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

We definitely could use Rubio more. Our PG slot is extremely weak. But then again, Griffin just seems too good to pass up. My biggest fear is that we some howfigure a way to drop to the third pick or lower.

edit: Looks like Frankie already has a good grasp of the Kings.

Originally Posted by Dr FONClBrICS

We definitely could use Rubio more. Our PG slot is extremely weak. But then again, Griffin just seems too good to pass up. My biggest fear is that we some how figure a way to drop to the third pick or lower.

edit: Looks like Frankie already has a good grasp of the Kings.
It's either that the Kings don't have faith in Thompson (who had a great rookie year) and sign Griffin or you draft Rubio (because Udrichsucks). I think the Kings will go ahead and draft a PG. I did not know that Rubio is rumored to go that high in the draft.

If the Kings get the #1 pick I would take Griffin and look to trade Jason Thompson, Griffin is the better player and is going to be a beast. Maybe you can pickup a mid-late first rounder for Thompson and get Johnny Flynn, Ty Lawson, or Patty Mills?

OKC- Blake, hands down. You run big with Durant @ 2 and Green @ 3, they're all fast, athletic guys, they should have no problem. Their lack of a true bigman makes up for it with those three who are all long, then throw Westbrook @ PG and that is a franchise with a few other role players.

Sacramento- IMO, you trade Thompson or Hawes if you can, you don't let Blake Griffin pass you by. Yeah they need Rubio too, but they RE-signed Beno Udirhto a near-max deal just last season, I don't think they've lost faith in him THAT much that they'd rather miss out on Griffin. I CAN see themtrading it away, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them pick Blake.

Washinton- Unless you want Gilbert and Rubio in your backcourt, you avoid Rubio at all costs. If you want Gilbert to be the guard of your future'sfranchise (and obviously they do with his 100 million dollar contract), you get Blake, or you get Thabeet, and if you don't get either, trade your pickbecause no one else is really going to help your team out significantly when you have Jamison and Caron there, with a blooming Nick Young.

Clippers- Have fun trying to get some talent in return from Kaman and Camby. You're stuck between a rock and a hard place if you're the Clippers andget a top three pick. You most likely trade down unless you want an even more cluttered front court. IMO, if you get the first pick and you're going withBlake, you have to move AT LEAST one big. You can't really move Randolph unless you're just unloading his contract to some idiot team who will takehim. If you get Thabeet, probably kiss both your centers goodbye in return for some swingmen worth a damn, and maybe a Brandon Bass/Chris Wilcox/Maxiell-esquePF. IMO, you don't want to hinder Thabeet's development from the get-go. You DEFINITELY have to get rid of one of them, but I think getting rid of bothis the thing to do. Also you don't pick Rubio unless you're convinced you can move Baron, because that'd be a train wreck having Gordon, Rubio, andBaron in at the same time.

Timberwolves- This is the ONLY team I can see realistically trading the number one pick. You get Rubio any way you can, because you have a solid front-courtestablished, but you need a ball-handler, thus, Rubio. Thabeet/Blake would really be a waste. You already have your Center who's capable of 20/10, Rubioshould be able to create for the rest of the team.

Memphis- They'd have a fun time deciding between who the hell they want. I mean literally 1-5, they're all young. I mean I guess the consensus is pickBlake, but then you'd have two PF's who would rot behind him in Arthur/Warrick. Thabeet would then fight for minutes behind an excelling Marc Gasol andDarko. If you pick Rubio, what does that say about your faith in Mike Conley? Might as well ship him to Portland.
laugh.gif
See if he can jumpstart both his ANDOden's career.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

When's the Draft Lottery?
I want to say May 25th, that date just pops in my head for some reason. I'll edit the post when Ilook it up.

May 19th, this Tuesday.

Trust.....I would not mind AT ALL if the Kings got the 2nd pick. I think it takes the pressure off them and they will either have Rubio or Griffin. Personally,I would rather have Rubio just because it would be like a Jason Williams part deux....but I will be PISSED if Thompson and Michael Phelps Jr. Never make theAll-Star team while Blake Griffin becomes a perennial AS.

For some reason tho....I could see Blake Griffin doing a Waymon Tisdale and being the next great OU forward to be drafted by the kings.

Peitrie needs to draft griffin and trade for a pg...probably would have to get rid of Jason thompson...he has alot of potential though

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

If the Kings get the #1 pick I would take Griffin and look to trade Jason Thompson, Griffin is the better player and is going to be a beast. Maybe you can pick up a mid-late first rounder for Thompson and get Johnny Flynn, Ty Lawson, or Patty Mills?
They already have two 1st round picks this year. I'd actually be willing to do away with Kevin Martin and the 2nd of the first rounders toget Jennings or Rubio. If there's no trade then take Patty Mills if he's available. At any rate they should take the BPA and hopefully that'sGriffin.

What y'all think of Blake Griffin and Ju'rue holliday or Johnny Flynn? Or what about Rubio and Sam Young?

Back
Top Bottom