so somebody keyed my car, what is the best solution for this?

my wife calls me, and tells me that the car was keyed on the passenger side. it may've happened yesterday as i had used the car....regardless
what is the best method to get it off? are there any good resin fillers, or wax compounds that i should look into ???

or would it be best to get an estimate from an auto dealer?

and no, i'm not going to use "fix it" on the car, lol

There was this "As Seen on TV" commercial way back, a liquid applicator that can be buffed out with a damp cloth. As I recall, it was an inexpensive product also. I guess it depends on how deep the cut is?

Originally Posted by Chinelasone

There was this "As Seen on TV" commercial way back, a liquid applicator that can be buffed out with a damp cloth. As I recall, it was an inexpensive product also. I guess it depends on how deep the cut is?

i believe that's the "fix it" applicator i mentioned, i read reviews and people say it doesn't work...
keepzdasneakz wrote:
pics..........

of your wife....?

go look in the archives

Depends on how deep the Keying is . Can your fingernail catch into it ? worst possible is a repaint on that side . What you would hope for is using a heavy cutting compund to get out the scratch then polishing up to shine you will need pro detailer for that unless you have a Rotary polisher or a DA polisher .

Originally Posted by mextra45

Depends on how deep the Keying is . Can your fingernail catch into it ? worst possible is a repaint on that side . What you would hope for is using a heavy cutting compund to get out the scratch then polishing up to shine you will need pro detailer for that unless you have a Rotary polisher or a DA polisher .
i wonder if i can get my insurance's deductible for this....thanks for the heads up, i'll have to inquire with an auto detailer today.

reason behind your car keyed?
you cut the jumpoff off and she caught feelings?

If its deep then then get a quote from a body shop. If the amount is cheaper than the deductible then do it through them.

If the scratches arent deep, then take it to a carwash and ask if they can buffer it out. Probably like 75 bucks this route.

Originally Posted by djaward

If its deep then then get a quote from a body shop. If the amount is cheaper than the deductible then do it through them.

If the scratches arent deep, then take it to a carwash and ask if they can buffer it out. Probably like 75 bucks this route.

thanks, i'll probably go and ask them whats up, the problem is, there aren't many manual car wash areas here in seattle, everything is all automated...

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by djaward

thanks, i'll probably go and ask them whats up, the problem is, there aren't many manual car wash areas here in seattle, everything is all automated...
try using daazanfella manual carwash you lazy bastard. 

ece3573540d7b693ec8adcf0a01ee4b878fbf9d.gif

Your wife scratched it accidentally while parking and is trying to cover up [/mystery solved]

Those paintless dent repair places can do a good job on that sort of thing - they have some sort of special paint that they can fill a scratch with without having to repaint the whole side of the car.

Worth giving them a call - they often do free quotes or guarantees on the work.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

It was me.

In a fit of rage because it took you 3 weeks do approve my selling thread

c1a08999-b321-4a40-bbe0-8ec8b73fb0a9.gif
you cold blooded, work blocks a lot of photo hosting sites so i can't even see what items you guys are listing 80% of the time, but good .gif lol
Stuntman Mike wrote:
daaznfella wrote:
djaward wrote:

thanks, i'll probably go and ask them whats up, the problem is, there aren't many manual car wash areas here in seattle, everything is all automated...
try using daazanfella manual carwash you lazy bastard. 

no the guy was referring to a manual car wash place, to get somebody to use the buffer, i wash my car on my own son, i dont use a drive up/gas station car wash, better know whats up kev! 
tongue.gif

How about not worrying about it. Who gives a crap if your car is keyed? Are you going to be in a car show or something? Just try googling it if it's that damn important. Chingado flojo.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

How about not worrying about it. Who gives a crap if your car is keyed? Are you going to be in a car show or something? Just try googling it if it's that damn important. Chingado flojo.
Dude seriously stop it. Op is trying to ask a serious question. Now go continue with your puto life.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Dude seriously stop it. Op is trying to ask a serious question. Now go continue with your puto life.

eek.gif

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom