so usain bolt is having a 150m street race tomorrow

nerd.gif

Usain Bolt will be the star attraction at the unique Bupa Great Manchester 150 at the GreatCity Games in Manchester.

In what should be one of the highlights of the British sporting summer, Bolt will line up against a top-class field over the unusual distance of 150 metreson Deansgate as athletics is taken out of its traditional stadium based environment and on to the streets.

British sprinters Ricky Fifton and Simeon Williamson will be among those hoping to beat the 22-year-old triple Olympic champion from Jamaica while thewomen's 150m race will also feature world-class athletes, including British World and Olympic 400m champion Christine Ohuruogu.

There will be limited public viewing areas on Deansgate of the sprints, which will subject to crowd control procedures. Please be aware that there are bigscreens in Spinningfields and Albert Square that will feature the sprints, and the events will be broadcast live on BBC TWO between 5pm and 6.30pm onSunday.

The Bupa Great Manchester 150 forms part of an amazing athletics double whammy for the sports mad city of Manchester on May 17 as Ethiopia's HaileGebrselassie will be bidding to regain his Bupa Great Manchester Run title earlier on the same day.

Bolt, who won gold in the men's 100m and 200m at the Beijing Olympic Games in world record times and also triumphed in Jamaica's 4x100 relay squad,is the greatest personality in athletics - and one of the biggest names in world sport.

The Bupa Great Manchester 150 will be raced on a specially laid track in Deansgate in Manchester city centre and feature separate men's and women'sraces, with two heats and a final in each event.

Thousands of spectators are expected to line the course - especially as there is no admission charge, whilst there will also be big screens in the citytransmitting the action.

The sprints will start at about 4pm with the finals taking place at around 6pm, with BBC2 covering the event live as part of a special 90 minute broadcastfrom Manchester.

Earlier in the day, Gebrselassie, who holds the marathon world record, will hope to triumph in the Bupa Great Manchester Run, which has attracted a recordfield of 33,000 runners and has recently been awarded IAAF Gold Label status.
http://www.greatrun.org/citygames/

Bolt runs fastest 150m in history 9 hours ago MANCHESTER (AFP) - Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt ran the fastest ever 150m on Sunday in a street race heldin a chilly and windy Manchester City Centre.Bolt came home in 14.35sec, beating the previous best recorded by Italian Pietro Mennea of 14.8 in 1983.Britain's Marlon Devonish was second in 15.07sec.In the women's race, American Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie clocked 16.54sec to beat Britain's Olympic400m gold medallist Christine Ohuruogu, who ran 17.10sec.Jamaican Bolt, 22, had earlier predicted he would smash his own world 100m record this year.He saidbettering his world record of 9.69 seconds that he set in Beijing last August "shouldn't be a problem" this year."My coach expressed hisviews in Beijing, saying I could run 9.54, and I can definitely do that," he told the BBC."I still feel goose bumps when I hear or watch the Beijing100m, it feels good to know I've done such a wonderful thing."But the 100m final was just another day for me. I knew I was going to win - I wasfeeling good, my starts were better and that was my main concern, so I wasn't really worried."I don't really think about (breaking the recordagain) but I think it's possible if everything goes well in training."Asked how long he hoped to remain a force in world athletics, Bolt forecast hewould be a threat until at least 2015."I can be at the top for six years if I want," he said. "That's the aim for me. My main goal is tomake myself a legend and I'm going to work really hard to do that."Meanwhile, Ethiopian Haile Gebrselassie comfortably won the Great Manchester Run by34 seconds with Kenyan Vivian Cheruiyot's winning the women's race.However, Gebrselassie failed in his bid to reclaim his world 10km record as gustingwinds made his task impossible.The 36-year-old - holder of 26 world records during his career - eased to victory but found a strong headwind in the final fivekilometres impossible to overcome as he failed to better the world best mark of 27 minutes one second run by Kenya's Micah Kogo at the end ofMarch.Gebrselassie, whose major target this year is the Berlin Marathon in September, timed 27minutes 39seconds ahead of Ali Zaied of Libya (28:13) andUkrainian veteran Sergiy Lebid (28:36).The two-time Olympic 10,000m champion said that he had felt confident in the first-half of the race but realised as thecontest entered the final 5km that he would not succeed."Today it was wonderful in the first half but on the way back the wind was horrible," saidGebrselassie, who nevertheless posted the fourth fastest time in the world this year."I wanted to run a world record, but in the second half it proved toodifficult."

This guy was by far my favorite athlete of the summer games. Dude just crushed every race he was in,... With ease.

sick.gif
Can you just imagine having a conversation with him?

Random person: "What's up man, How you been?"

Usain: "I'm good, you?"

Random person: "Man this day is boring, what you been doing?"

Usain: "Ohhh... not much! just ran for 14 seconds today, I made millions doing it though!"

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

too bad Tyson gonna Walk his ##% come worlds
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
wink.gif
I'll be waiting for that. You been saying for the longest tho that a 100% Tyson can push him

Imma have to see it to believe it

They should have had a dude with his arms stretched wide as the finish line. THAT'S a 'street race' lol

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

too bad Tyson gonna Walk his ##% come worlds
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
wink.gif
I'll be waiting for that. You been saying for the longest tho that a 100% Tyson can push him

Imma have to see it to believe it

You Will See!
My son in the Jesse Owens one piece. says hes gonan rock it in NYC and in Germany
pimp.gif

Athlé sprint 100m Tyson Gay 9"68 ( +4,1 m/s )
Uploaded by nelko_35.

Its coming....
9.77 in the semis no wind, then 9.68 wit a lil wind...

Its gonna be heat this summer on the track

4.1 m/s isn't no "little wind", thats well over the legal limit
laugh.gif

Tyson is my dude but his start is buns..
smh.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom