So wait...Jay is losing money...

Originally Posted by I GET PAPER

didnt he make 100 off that live nation deal?
its a long term deal, alot up front, and he has to basically build a new record label, buts it performanced based ( (basically, what i got fromthe articles )

and thats after his last album on Def Jam (blueprint 3)

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
did yall even look at the site I will believe what Forbes says before I believe Hybrid Nation

Its taken directly from the new edition of Forbes Magazine....

jay has more than enough finances to maintain the lifestyle he's accustom to.

also, you're forgetting about beyoncé. last i heard ol' girl wasn't doing too bad herself.

Yall ##!$*% are lame. %** cares about Ol Man Jigga's net worth or his income status? Unless he broke I don't see what's the point.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

not only did it close but he owes BIG bread on that venture ... them vegas boys do not play ... the story i heard was he was in the middle of litigations discussing a settlement upwards of 90 million dollars ... the basis was that those that loaned jay the money to buy his stake did so on the basis that jay would make so many appearances and basically place his name and brand on the club ... when jay backed out, he breached the contract ... dude is NOT business smart period im trying to tell yall

you would be embarrassed to know how absolutely wrong you are in this matter. this so-called "story" you heard is exactly that.

let's leave it at that before trying to pass it off with some sort of psuedo-validity.

and jay's net worth is valued at WELL OVER $150 million.

think half-a-billi.

o really? enlighten me then ... i mean so far youve told me i was wrong after i read an article stating what i said, and then you said forbes was wrong listinghim at 150 mil ... who are you mr roc avy?

Damn...so cats is lying on bank accounts? Not a good look. 50 was pumpin' that 400 mil. vitamin water move heavy...where's it at?

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Even though I will get a decent amount of negative comments by saying this but why do we/people care so much about dudes money....good for him that he's so successful but why is it news on hip hop sites when ______ does ______ for x amount of money.

Like do I REALLY need to know how much Kudi got when he signed?

Not really hating but kinda confused in general.

The list names the top 10 wealthiest African Americans. The %*@% would you bring up Cudi for?

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

didnt i tell yall ... %!%!% has been epic failing in his business life ... no one listens to me though cuz they cant get over the fact that a white rapper is the best
1.Nas
Jay-Z
2Pac
Biggie
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
150. Vanilla Ice
151. Shaquile O'neil
152. Soulja Boy
-
-
-
200. Eminem
grin.gif

Isnt it a recession, Billion dollar corporations who have had $$$$$$$$$ for long over 50 yrs are leaking money like Niagra Falls , what would make Jay Zimmune?

Title should be "wait, who isnt losing money"

^^^ Bingo. Remember when Gates was worth over $100 Billion? Look at him now. Bottom line is that all those stock prices were waaaay over inflated.

Originally Posted by Mamaco

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Even though I will get a decent amount of negative comments by saying this but why do we/people care so much about dudes money....good for him that he's so successful but why is it news on hip hop sites when ______ does ______ for x amount of money.

Like do I REALLY need to know how much Kudi got when he signed?

Not really hating but kinda confused in general.

The list names the top 10 wealthiest African Americans. The %*@% would you bring up Cudi for?
Not talking about this list specifically but just the dealings and wealth of people in rap MUSIC. Like if Jay get 100 mil...good for him, he loseit...thats *!+%%% up, not only either way it aint none of our business but aint none of our lives changed over it....like I said maybe its just me at apersonal point in my life with music but I feel this #%+# just dont concern me. Dudes worried way too much about the business end of things.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

o really? enlighten me then ... i mean so far youve told me i was wrong after i read an article stating what i said, and then you said forbes was wrong listing him at 150 mil ... who are you mr roc avy?

this information will go unsourced. not because of its lack of validity, but because of gag orders being placed on the deal by mr. adelson and the powers thatbe at the sands group.

jay spent $20 million (of his OWN capital) to fund the construction of the club at the venetian hotel. the palazza BOUGHT BACK the space for over $80 million.simple arithmetic will reveal that jay raked in a 400% return on his investment in the desert.

and hybrid nation is reporting false inaccuracies about jay's net worth if they are valuing it at $150 million. the man was reported to have pocketed $82million (AFTER TAXES) in 2008 alone; let's not be silly.

like i said before, if you are interested in the value of shawn carter's net worth, think half-a-billi.

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

o really? enlighten me then ... i mean so far youve told me i was wrong after i read an article stating what i said, and then you said forbes was wrong listing him at 150 mil ... who are you mr roc avy?

and hybrid nation is reporting false inaccuracies about jay's net worth if they are valuing it at $150 million. the man was reported to have pocketed $82 million (AFTER TAXES) in 2008 alone; let's not be silly.

like i said before, if you are interested in the value of shawn carter's net worth, think half-a-billi.
he sold rocawear at 200M and rocafella for like 10M (give/take)
after taxes and his investors money , i thinks that the majority of the that 82M

+ his previous earnings

i still don't see half a billion overall though

i feel extra broke for even arguing about it
laugh.gif
grin.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

i could only get thru the 1st page of this

1)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if you can say ONLY and JAYZ NET WORTH in the same line or even body of text
2) from what i understood he MADE money by closing the 40/40 in vegas
3) this list is flawed somehow...i didnt really care to look into it but yea everyody lost on stocks and investments and what not but theres no way he lostclose to 300mil of net worth in a year...absolutely no way...its not like he was one of these wall st cats that had there entire net worth tied up in oneventure that failed...

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i could only get thru the 1st page of this

1)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if you can say ONLY and JAYZ NET WORTH in the same line or even body of text
2) from what i understood he MADE money by closing the 40/40 in vegas
3) this list is flawed somehow...i didnt really care to look into it but yea everyody lost on stocks and investments and what not but theres no way he lost close to 300mil of net worth in a year...absolutely no way...its not like he was one of these wall st cats that had there entire net worth tied up in one venture that failed...
grin.gif

Not really..... Tre I see what your saying, but remember you don't have to be a wall st type to be tied up in investments ETC. Look at all the people thatlost money with madoff I mean some folks lost everything they had with the guy. So it wouldn't be surprising for Jay to have a money manager whoseportfolio did't do well and he took a hit would it? I mean really it's happening to everyone these days....Now I don't know if he really took thisbig a hit or not, but then again I don't really care either cause I'm not seeing any bread.

naw your absolutely right - i prob worded it wrong- what i mean is to lose that substantial amount of net worth in a year you would have to have most of yourfunds tied up into something that went wrong..so when i say a wall st cat i mean these execs of big corps who are worth XX but its really tied up in companystock or whatever then the company goes bad and they are worth nada-

there were several reports of big numbers that he pulled IN over the last year so the number doesnt make sense...

im sure he along with anybody else with his type of bread lost $ on investments...im also positive that is he had 400+ million tied up into something that heLOST in the last year there would be plenty more reports and articles about it- hell every time scott storch is late on his credit card payment theres aarticle on allhiphop
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom