So wait...Jay is losing money...

http://highbridnation.com/2009/05/0...iger-top-forbes-richest-black-americans-list/

Whenever anyone puts a list together of the wealthiest Americans Oprah Winfrey is somewhere lurking in the top. When Forbes put together their inaugural listof The wealthiest Black Americans it was no surprise that she would top the list. Despite current economic conditions and declining support following herpublic endorsement of President Obama, Oprah boasts a net worth of $2.7 billion making her the only billionaire on the list of whom interestingly enough areall self-made. This speaks volumes about the degree to which African Americans wealth is a relatively new concept.

Tiger Woods, worth an estimated $600 million, ranks second on the list. While his career winnings total $80 million, his annual prize represents less than 15%of his income. Its his marketability however that has produced his wealth profile. With endorsements from Nike, Gatorade, Gillette, Accenture and AT&T, hisouf the course earnings top $100 million each year.

Effected most by the economic decline, Black Entertainment Television founder, Robert Johnson is third on the list. Though Johnson became the first AfricanAmerican billionaire in 2000 follwoing the sale of BET to Viacom for $3 billioion, sagging Viacom and CBS stock, plus investments in real estate, hotels andbanks have been victimized by the recession reducing his estimated worth to $550 million. On the flip side his ex-wife, Sheila Johnson, owner of the SalamanderLLC and the Washington Mystics is on the come up and ranks seventh with $400 million.

Rounding out the top five are two former rivals turned entrepreneurs, Michael Jordan ($525 million) and Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Jr. ($500 million.)While they both made loads of money on the court and off, they've managed to take their popularity in sport and translate it to dollars in their currentbusiness ventures.

Here's the rest of the list:

6) Bill Cosby (Net Worth $450 Million)
7) Sheila Johnson (Net Worth $400 Million)
R. Donahue Peebles ($350 Million) Real Estate
9) Berry Gordy Jr. ($325 Million)
10) Quintin Primo III ($300 Million) Real Estate
11) Don King ($290 Million) SURPRISING?!
12) Janice Bryant Howroyd & family ($250 Million) Staffing and Investments
13) Herman J. Russell ($200 Million) Construction
14)Ulysses Bridgeman, Jr. ($200 Million) NBA/ Restaurants
15)Tracy Maitland ($150 Million) Investments
16)Alphonse Fletcher, Jr. ($150 Million) Investments
17)Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter ($150 Million)
18)Kobe Bryant ($140 Million)
19) Shaquille O'Neal ($130 Million)
20)Kenneth I. Chenault ($120 Million) American Express

A couple of years ago wasn't that N' at like 400 million or some $#*#...
"Billionaire How u on pace to make it" my !$+...
And also wheres 50 or Puff??
either this list is off or dudes is losing it...

no, he doesn't make 80M every year

people don't suddenly spend every dime (like make 80M,spend 80M) he has a nice bank account i bet,
plus the tax man is right there when Jay gets a check

he's good though
grin.gif

Even though I will get a decent amount of negative comments by saying this but why do we/people care so much about dudes money....good for him that he's sosuccessful but why is it news on hip hop sites when ______ does ______ for x amount of money.

Like do I REALLY need to know how much Kudi got when he signed?

Not really hating but kinda confused in general.

didnt i tell yall ... %!%!% has been epic failing in his business life ... no one listens to me though cuz they cant get over the fact that a white rapper isthe best

jays net worth equals cash in hand..... he may have 500 mil worth of business ventures but that aint guarnteed

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

didnt i tell yall ... %!%!% has been epic failing in his business life ... no one listens to me though cuz they cant get over the fact that a white rapper is the best

I know I been trying to tell them that Asther Roth is the best...

Originally Posted by devildog1776

jays net worth equals cash in hand..... he may have 500 mil worth of business ventures but that aint guarnteed
Wrong. Net worth doesnt equal cash in hand, its actually the amount of assets you have minus your liabilities..

Its been reported and posted several times that hes been involved in several hundred million dollar deals over the last few years (Sales of Rocawear &Rocafella, Livenation deals..) how could Jigga be losing?

on lists like that..i think u actually have to report ur figures to be put on lists such as this..

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

didnt i tell yall ... %!%!% has been epic failing in his business life ... no one listens to me though cuz they cant get over the fact that a white rapper is the best

I know I been trying to tell them that Asther Roth is the best...
laugh.gif
nice

not only did it close but he owes BIG bread on that venture ... them vegas boys do not play ... the story i heard was he was in the middle of litigationsdiscussing a settlement upwards of 90 million dollars ... the basis was that those that loaned jay the money to buy his stake did so on the basis that jaywould make so many appearances and basically place his name and brand on the club ... when jay backed out, he breached the contract ... dude is NOT businesssmart period im trying to tell yall

laugh.gif
did yall even look at the site I will believe what Forbes says before I believe Hybrid Nation

Back
Top Bottom