So who else is sending their child to a private school? VOL. "I value education."

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

private school in elementary, public afterwards

Pretty good plan because it establishes a good foundation in s controlled environment, but still allows for the social development later on--when they're less impressionable and can handle it a little better. Not to mention that some private schools tend to be cheaper in the early years.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

private school in elementary, public afterwards

Pretty good plan because it establishes a good foundation in s controlled environment, but still allows for the social development later on--when they're less impressionable and can handle it a little better. Not to mention that some private schools tend to be cheaper in the early years.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

if you got good parents on your back stressing the importance of taking school seriously, you'll do good whether it be in a private school or public school.

QFT

if you got good parents on your back stressing the importance of taking school seriously, you'll do good whether it be in a private school or public school.

QFT

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

I bought my house with school district in mind although I have no kids just yet.

When the time comes, if the school district has declined significantly it would be something I would consider.

I would really like my kids to attend the public school though, growing up the private school kids had no connection to the other neighborhood kids
Preeeeaaaaaccchhh.

I was in a private school up through 5th grade.  I was a lonely child. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

I bought my house with school district in mind although I have no kids just yet.

When the time comes, if the school district has declined significantly it would be something I would consider.

I would really like my kids to attend the public school though, growing up the private school kids had no connection to the other neighborhood kids
Preeeeaaaaaccchhh.

I was in a private school up through 5th grade.  I was a lonely child. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I don't care where I live in the country, my kid is goin' to private school back home (DC)...

...Gonzaga ('99 beeyotch!!!), Sidwell, St. Albans, GDS, Maret, Visitation, NCS, and even Carroll - we have the best private schools in the nation.

And if you take it to the suburbs, you've got G-town Prep, Landon, Bullis, Dematha, Langley, Ireton, Paul VI, etc...

...I don't know about other regions, but DC area private schools are a clique - no matter what school you go/went to, it's only like 3 degrees of separation at the most - unless you're a loser, everybody knows everybody.
You don't realize how much that comes in handy until about a decade after you've graduated...
moco here
kinda wish i went to private

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I don't care where I live in the country, my kid is goin' to private school back home (DC)...

...Gonzaga ('99 beeyotch!!!), Sidwell, St. Albans, GDS, Maret, Visitation, NCS, and even Carroll - we have the best private schools in the nation.

And if you take it to the suburbs, you've got G-town Prep, Landon, Bullis, Dematha, Langley, Ireton, Paul VI, etc...

...I don't know about other regions, but DC area private schools are a clique - no matter what school you go/went to, it's only like 3 degrees of separation at the most - unless you're a loser, everybody knows everybody.
You don't realize how much that comes in handy until about a decade after you've graduated...
moco here
kinda wish i went to private

My wife and I both went to public schools all the way through college and turned out fine.  We are zoned to a subpar Houston ISD elementary school.  Our parents are helping to subsidize private school tuition for our three-year-old daughter.  The public middle and high schools we are zoned to are exemplary, so we'll see.

045.gif

My wife and I both went to public schools all the way through college and turned out fine.  We are zoned to a subpar Houston ISD elementary school.  Our parents are helping to subsidize private school tuition for our three-year-old daughter.  The public middle and high schools we are zoned to are exemplary, so we'll see.

045.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Think I want to home school my kids. I want to teach them how to think not be indoctrinated.
And exposing them to only one point of view is the way to do that?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Think I want to home school my kids. I want to teach them how to think not be indoctrinated.
And exposing them to only one point of view is the way to do that?

I went to public school up until high school, didn't really learn much in the class room but got tons of stuff I picked up for everyday situations and basically street smarts...plus I got to interact and get to know all different types of ppl and characters...in private school I learned how to network, research, and present myself in a professional manner, and got me ready for college...I would do the same for my kids they can go public until high school

I went to public school up until high school, didn't really learn much in the class room but got tons of stuff I picked up for everyday situations and basically street smarts...plus I got to interact and get to know all different types of ppl and characters...in private school I learned how to network, research, and present myself in a professional manner, and got me ready for college...I would do the same for my kids they can go public until high school

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

QFT
Agreed. It's all about parenting. Too many people look to the government to solve the education crisis, when the real issue is what's going on in the home.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

QFT
Agreed. It's all about parenting. Too many people look to the government to solve the education crisis, when the real issue is what's going on in the home.

Private schools have no benefit. I know just as many losers who went to private schools.

Private schools have no benefit. I know just as many losers who went to private schools.

private school; most likely the exact same school i went to. Landon Bears checking in 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom