So who was/is the best quarterback drafted in the 2004 nfl draft?

Originally Posted by Sequan

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Sequan

Eli hasn't missed a game since starting. Current NFL QB iron man. No Jinx.
It's 2012... You cant breath on a QB without getting penalized. I'm less impressed by this.

You must have missed the NFC championship game.
You called him iron man and cited ONE game...

Don't you see something wrong with that?

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Rivers' postseason shortcomings are not his fault.

'08 - LT parked his *%$ on the bench and put a coat on, never moved, never took off his helmet. Rivers on the other hand played on a torn meniscus.
This is forever burned in my memory. The way LT was in that trench coat on the bench, with that dark visor on
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. I remember one of my friends was like "How do we even know that's

still LT? That could be a stunt double.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Rivers' postseason shortcomings are not his fault.

'08 - LT parked his *%$ on the bench and put a coat on, never moved, never took off his helmet. Rivers on the other hand played on a torn meniscus.
This is forever burned in my memory. The way LT was in that trench coat on the bench, with that dark visor on
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. I remember one of my friends was like "How do we even know that's

still LT? That could be a stunt double.
laugh.gif
I'm a Chargers fan and I will never forget this. 
tired.gif

That picture of the Mannings is the whitest picture I've seen in a min lol.

With that being said, I'm rolling with Eli

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Way to lay out an intelligent and thoughtful post to discuss. Sadly this could be a great topic to actually debate whenever you're ready to be an adult and use proper names, actual discussion points, etc.

Sad but true. But to address the topic itself, yes I'd go with Eli. As much as it pains me (because of all the times he's gutted my pathetic Cowboys), you can't deny his accomplishments. There'll be some interesting debates over who's greater once both Eli and Payton are retired.

Anyone else remember the hype of the QBs from the 1999 draft, how it had the "potential" to be up there with 1983?
laugh.gif

The Chargers did draft the best QB. But he and his dad were the ones crying about not wanting to play for the Chargers. 

Eli and Ben both had amazing success in their NFL careers, but I think you might be shortchanging Rivers a little bit. I understand that you have to get it in the post season, but you can't say Rivers isn't productive in the regular season. Is River a winner? No, but that doesn't mean he's a good quarterback.

To answer your question though, OP. I would have to give Eli the head spot, just based off his impressive Superbowl performances. Doing it against Brady and Bellicheck twice?! That cannot go unnoticed.

But to paraphrase what DMXfury said, I think every team is satisfied with the QB they have.

Back
Top Bottom