So Whos copping a Nintendo DSi?

Originally Posted by ondadownlow

Pass. It's a downgrade if anything IMO. They put in a .5 megapixel cam in place of the GBA slot
indifferent.gif
.5 Megapixels? I mean really, are we in back in the 90s? My camera phone is 3 MP for goodness sake.

like you're going to print out anything anyway. i pre-ordered mine the day it went up for pre-order. might give away my ds to my cousin. or keep it.probably keep it.

Originally Posted by SkySacrament

Originally Posted by ev209

hand helds just dont do it for me
same, i get tired of them pretty fast. i also don't like it when i'm in public looking down at it, and people just look down at me for looking down at my ex-DS.

next thing you know, it turns into a phone, and then a GPS. and name it along the lines of DS-iPHONEKILLER.
late with that one, my DS can make phone calls through VoIP. No GPS yet, but there's an app in development. There's DSMAPS which isbasically Google Maps.

I don't know yet, I don't need it, although the camera, built in faster web browser, and DSiWare are appealing. But other than that, my modified DSlite %%$$% on this.

I just hate how Nintendo is asking $170 clams for this, hopefully the DS lite will get a price cut. Also it is kinda gimmicky, the cameras and all, Nintendoclaims they gave the DS "ears" with the microphone. And now they, are giving the device "eyes" with the cameras, hence the name"DSi." Both cameras are 0.3 megapixel, but don't underestimate, that's more than enough for the DS screens, so the pictures don't lookthat bad. Another thing that pisses me off is that it only supports AAC files, no MP3. I'm gonna wait until there are more things to do with it, Ican't wait for there to be a homebrew scene. Flash carts are already working on it, they are using something to bypass the firmware. Also keep in mind,this is basically a portable Wii, it has the web browser and a Wii-like menu. Many people are scared that Nintendo could brick your DSi through of wirelessfirmware updates, but that hasn't happened with the Wii yet so...

The two colors coming out for America are black and blue. I'm really feelin' the black.
pimp.gif

Oh yeah, and $#%% GBA games. That *%@% isn't supported anymore, GBA games are hardly sold in stores anymore.

You hardly see people buying A-Trac's or CD's anymore.

Already reserved platinum.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
and bout to grab KH 358/2 days
pimp.gif
when it comes out.
I'll wait till' later.

reserved mine at gamestop today,payed $25 then trading in ds lite for 70 so i'll be paying $75..got the blue one.

I preordered mine day before yesterday.... black one for me....
put $25 down... all i had on my edge card from previous trades...
sold my ds lite along with my r4 for 110 on craigslist...

so in the end.. i come out paying $35 bucks for the dsi....
pimp.gif

got Pokemon Platinum today as well.... im keeping it sealed until the 5th.. first game to go in the dsi..
pimp.gif

im done with nintendos handhelds. I just wanna unload my original nintendo ds and then just be done with handheld games. I may play my psp from time to time

the DS is probably the Super Nintendo of the last decade. way to many established franchises and new ip's to name that have actually translated well on tothe two screens. the DSi is a though sell considering its actually the GBA micro all over again. next year should be DS2...i don't know though i'vebought all Nintendo's tricks, er i mean udpates

I have just about every system. I am still deciding whether to get this or not. I only play wth my DS Lite for about 20 mins. maybe every 2 days. The DSi wouldbe a purchase just to say I have it, as I have no use for that .5 mp camera. The DS Store thing might be something that would persuade me to buy it.

payed mine off today. dude told me it'll be out the 5th. the DS store/app store would be
pimp.gif

What kind of specific DSi games will there be? I'm so close to just getting a DS lite right now... I do have a few GBA games I wouldn't mind playingstill...

The OG
pimp.gif

2j0ml4z.jpg

btw... just a thought..

i heard from a gamestop employee that dsi's would only be limited to the pre-orders... if thats true.. then it should be wii part 2...
are any of you guys gonna re-sell dsis?

It looks decent, but I like my PSP.

Three times a year I am doing heavy travelling, so its nice to have good games, music and movies all on one handheld.

Back
Top Bottom