So who's not eating meat today?

Originally Posted by Fade On You

What is the point of not eating meat? Are you going to go to hell if you do?
laugh.gif

sacrifice, discipline, extra-credit jesus points.

^^ he said he gave up meat for lent. That means that on Monday (lent is over) he can once again eat meat.

Originally Posted by Doobage05

^^ he said he gave up meat for lent. That means that on Monday (lent is over) he can once again eat meat.

Lent ends on Easter Sunday....

edit: well technically, Lent ends on Holy Thursday, and Holy Thursday starts the Easter Triduum if Im not mistaken. You can eat whatever you gave up starting after mass on Easter Sunday. I'm Catholic, though...I don't know about other religions...

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Originally Posted by shogun

Do you guys still eat fish?  I never understood how some people don't consider fish as meat since it is the flesh of an animal.  I guess it's used as a loophole so people don't go nuts.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If you really believe this "religion" stuff, you're already a nut. [/color]
laugh.gif
Well, I am a former Catholic.  Haven't believed in anything in years.  Back in college i gave up eating meat for lent, it was torture.  I never really took the time to learn why we don't eat meat on certain days.

Thank goodness I'm not Catholic. I had leftover Chipotle for breakfast today.

Originally Posted by Diego

I highly doubt that the people here who dont eat meat even understand the significance behind not eating it.

Im good.

Bacon on deck.

Fritura for today whats good?

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Do you guys still eat fish?  I never understood how some people don't consider fish as meat since it is the flesh of an animal.  I guess it's used as a loophole so people don't go nuts.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If you really believe this "religion" stuff, you're already a nut. [/color]
laugh.gif
Well, I am a former Catholic. 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Same here, gave up on organized religion a few years ago. One of the best decisions I've ever made.[/color]
pimp.gif

Frische Produkte wrote:

If you really believe this "religion" stuff, you're already a nut.
laugh.gif
Well, I am a former Catholic.  Haven't believed in anything in years.  Back in college i gave up eating meat for lent, it was torture.  I never really took the time to learn why we don't eat meat on certain days.

It's just a tradition. Catholics believe that Jesus's body is the flesh, so by not eating meat on Friday we remember the sacrifice Jesus made for us. To commemorate his death and such.  Friday is the day he died, that's why Friday is the day we don't eat meat. (again, i can't speak for other religions)

I will go eat a double steak burrito at Chipotle later. Oh yeah I went to Catholic school elementary-JR. high.
glasses.gif

This thread is very disconcerting. No, not the religious talk or people following or not following tradition.
What concerns me is how so many of you have leftover chipotle. What is wrong with you? Why can't you finish it the first time?

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Doobage05 wrote:

Lent ends on Easter Sunday....

edit: well technically, Lent ends on Holy Thursday, and Holy Thursday starts the Easter Triduum if Im not mistaken. You can eat whatever you gave up starting after mass on Easter Sunday. I'm Catholic, though...I don't know about other religions...

eek.gif

i'm beasting tomorrow then...
thanks for the heads up lol...
i was just counting 40 days... and i thought Easter Sunday was the 40th day...

some of you wont eat met today

but ate meat the last couple of fridays?
laugh.gif

as for me...eating some trout i caught last week and a side with tostadas de ceviche!

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

This thread is very disconcerting. No, not the religious talk or people following or not following tradition.
What concerns me is how so many of you have leftover chipotle. What is wrong with you? Why can't you finish it the first time?

Theyre most likely from Cali.
Dont worry about them. They do weird things over there.

I gave up meat for all of Lent... no biggie haha. I can't wait until Sunday though. I will be killing for some steak or chicken wings.

Even I can finish chipotle in the first go around
laugh.gif

and not only am I eating meat today, but I am eating dry aged prime rib mmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm a vegetarian every other day than Good Friday. Lunch is steak with a side of sacrificial lamb.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Theyre most likely from Cali.
Dont worry about them. They do weird things over there.

Will do. Didn't they go bankrupt? Maybe they can only afford to buy one meal a day.

Nawth21 wrote:
Even I can finish chipotle in the first go around 
laugh.gif

and not only am I eating meat today, but I am eating dry aged prime rib mmmmmmmmmmmm

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom