So why didn't yall tell me that @agentzero got sonned?

4,169
10
Joined Jul 5, 2002
*delete if posted
Won't copy and paste the text onto NT because some of the pics are questionable, but here's a link: 

http://joemande.com/post/9549186868/can-we-talk-about-gilbert-arenas-twitter-profile

Apparently this Mande character made this post and shortly after Gil deleted his twitter account...
 

Funny thing is that Gil can dish it out to these women but he can't take it when someone (another man) criticizes him...further cements his clown status in my book. [font=Verdana, Arial][/font]

"were you abused as a child? Scared to smile...they called you ugly
 Cmon Arenas I thought you was better than that. 
 
1,988
68
Joined Dec 14, 2003
He was talking about deleting his account way before this dude made that post, dude.
 
254
35
Joined Apr 19, 2011
That Mande character is a bigger cornball for writing all that @@$# up. I would've taken it more seriously if he didn't come across as a loser.

Captain Mande
 
2,939
10
Joined Feb 18, 2006
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

That Mande character is a bigger cornball for writing all that @@$# up. I would've taken it more seriously if he didn't come across as a loser.

Captain Mande
 
31,783
18,426
Joined Sep 14, 2000
Originally Posted by grittyman20

*delete if posted
Won't copy and paste the text onto NT because some of the pics are questionable, but here's a link: 

http://joemande.com/post/9549186868/can-we-talk-about-gilbert-arenas-twitter-profile

Apparently this Mande character made this post and shortly after Gil deleted his twitter account...
 

Funny thing is that Gil can dish it out to these women but he can't take it when someone (another man) criticizes him...further cements his clown status in my book. [font=Verdana, Arial][/font]

"were you abused as a child? Scared to smile...they called you ugly
 Cmon Arenas I thought you was better than that. 
Regardless of when Arenas deleted his Twitter account, I still agree with you that he's a clown.  I got tired of his act long ago.  If he wasn't a pro basketball player, he would have long ago got his *** beat for some of the "jokes" he pulls.   It would be one thing if I thought it was all good natured, but I don't think that's the case. 
 
32,016
14,072
Joined Apr 28, 2009
Gilbert's a weird dude....

But the author of that article is also pretty weird for saving everything Gilbert Arenas has ever done on his computer.
 
4,169
10
Joined Jul 5, 2002
Originally Posted by hugebird

He was talking about deleting his account way before this dude made that post, dude.
Since I never followed Arenas on Twitter there was no way I could've actually known that, dude. 

And weird is not the word to describe his behavior...how about childish and immature. I'll agree that it is a bit strange that the author saved all those pics on his computer, unless maybe he was planning on blogging about it one day and wanted to provide overwhelming evidence to prove his point. 
 
1,988
68
Joined Dec 14, 2003
Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by hugebird

He was talking about deleting his account way before this dude made that post, dude.
Since I never followed Arenas on Twitter there was no way I could've actually known that, dude. 

And weird is not the word to describe his behavior...how about childish and immature. I'll agree that it is a bit strange that the author saved all those pics on his computer, unless maybe he was planning on blogging about it one day and wanted to provide overwhelming evidence to prove his point. 
I was just stating this because the premise of this thread was that he was "sonned" by a blogger, when in fact, this is not the case. I was just letting you know that you are currently operating on a false premise. Just thought you should be enlightened. No need to get pissy.
 
4,169
10
Joined Jul 5, 2002
Ok, all cynicism aside...I don't really believe that this blogger's work alone caused Gil to delete his page. I think it is possible for it to have been some sort of influencing factor towards his decision to ultimately cancel his account, but thats definitely debatable. Regardless of all that, the reason that I said that the blogger "sonned" Gil was because it just showed how he goes extra hard to degrade women and no one can tell me that's cool. A few jokes here and there probably would be acceptable but I had no idea he Arenas was doing all that man, cmon. At what point do you say enough is enough?
*edit: thanks for that link...maybe the title was accurate after all 
 
44,415
13,069
Joined Feb 12, 2005
I really don't understand the fascination or infatuation with following the lives of others on an hour to hour basis. Professional ball player, or not.
 
5,814
1,920
Joined Jun 23, 2001
Gil did a lot of good for the community in DC while he was here, but most folks focus on the negative so therefore it is what it is.  Tough how things turned out...one day you are on top of everything and how quickly it can all come crashing down after a knee injury and some poor choices.  
 
4,169
10
Joined Jul 5, 2002
Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Gil did a lot of good for the community in DC while he was here, but most folks focus on the negative so therefore it is what it is.  
Whatever good he did in the community doesn't give him a pass for being his lame twitter act though. 
 
5,814
1,920
Joined Jun 23, 2001
I will take changing/impacting the lives of hundreds of DC youth > some immature and stupid Twitter antics.  In the overall scheme of things...do the math and weigh what is more important.  
 
44,415
13,069
Joined Feb 12, 2005
Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I will take changing/impacting the lives of hundreds of DC youth > some immature and stupid Twitter antics.  In the overall scheme of things...do the math and weigh what is more important.  

Unfortunately, the pot-stirring ruse that twitter and other social media outlets provide, take precedent in this peculiar society.

A lot of pro athletes to good, most have their short-coming...Like ALL normal people. Their faults are just magnified and that's where the focus is placed. It only takes more than an open mind and some perspective to look past the nonsense.

##*# is tired.
 
5,814
1,920
Joined Jun 23, 2001
I completely agree...People want raw uncut access to celebrities and athletes and want to know what they think/say/feel at all times and then crucify them for expressing themselves.  Pretty ridiculous, but society feeds off that negativity and bad news/stories sell more than positive/uplifting ones...so what do you think the media/ESPN and others focus on? 
 

SLP

formerly slp product
6,556
1,533
Joined Feb 8, 2005
This is the perfect example of why pro athletes should have clauses in their contracts to prohibit them from some of these social media outlets.
Another nail in the coffin for this clown's career.

I'm sure Orlando regrets trading Lewis for this worthless bum.
He should focus some of that anger @ Shaq who was porking his wife/girlfriend.
 
44,415
13,069
Joined Feb 12, 2005
Originally Posted by SLP Product

This is the perfect example of why pro athletes should have clauses in their contracts to prohibit them from some of these social media outlets.
Disagree though. Respectfully. 

Maybe all born humans should abide by a contract that reads "we take into account an open mind and reserve judgement outside of the social and trendy topics/issues presented by those we idolize/follow/know well."

Forget the media for a second. I have at least onces...At least! Felt, acted, or have objectified a woman or women in a manner that Gilbert does. I don't have facebook, I don't do twitter, and I'm not a Professional athlete. No magnifying glass, no problem? Or magnifying glass, free pass? Somewhere in the middle? It's an interesting debate, but I try not to live and abide by the imposed reality of media...Albeit social media.
 
  
 
5,404
556
Joined Mar 8, 2008
The only reason gil joined twitter was to give away his sneaker collection. He gave away over about 70 pairs of jordans, yeezys, adidas. His jokes were mostly about women and planking but his twitpics were pure lulz.When the contest was over he deleted his twitter. He announced that he was deleting it on a certain day before he even got into it with that guy
 

SLP

formerly slp product
6,556
1,533
Joined Feb 8, 2005
Originally Posted by 651akathePaul


Maybe all born humans should abide by a contract that reads "we take into account an open mind and reserve judgement outside of the social and trendy topics/issues presented by those we idolize/follow/know well."

Forget the media for a second. I have at least onces...At least! Felt, acted, or have objectified a woman or women in a manner that Gilbert does. I don't have facebook, I don't do twitter, and I'm not a Professional athlete. No magnifying glass, no problem?
 
Exactly.
Regualr Joe's like me and you can sit around with our buddies and talk about this kind of stuff.....but as a professional, I would say no.
Would you vote for a politician who would openly degrade women? or go to a doctor who does the same?
Not to say that Gil is in the same boat, but you expect more from a pro.

Paul, I agree with most of what you said.

Here's my thing with pro athletes and other celebrities in general.
Whether they like it or not they are role models. Someone like Gil who has donated a lot of his time and money back into charitable organizations, and is always giving back to communities, should know that he is being watched by kids, parents, the media and more.
Imagine all those kids who he helped out looking at his tweets and thinking "Gil's right, all these women are only good for sex"

In no way shape or form am I saying that we should stop them from expressing their views, opinions, cut their personal liberties or oppress their right for freedom of speech.
All am saying is that as a person who is placed in a position/spot where your actions/comments have an effect on society.........then there should be stipulations on those contracts (kinda like a gag clause on some actors to prevent them from talking about upcoming movies).

When it's all said and done my hatred and disgust for this bum stems from the 2005 playoffs.
 
21,947
1,370
Joined Jan 12, 2003
Originally Posted by woody2626

The only reason gil joined twitter was to give away his sneaker collection. He gave away over about 70 pairs of jordans, yeezys, adidas. His jokes were mostly about women and planking but his twitpics were pure lulz.When the contest was over he deleted his twitter. He announced that he was deleting it on a certain day before he even got into it with that guy
Exactly, I don't understand why this post is going into more "serious" and judgmental issues about someone they don't even know.
 
4,169
10
Joined Jul 5, 2002
Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Exactly, I don't understand why this post is going into more "serious" and judgmental issues about someone they don't even know.

The first post in this thread was about Gil and his blatant disrespect towards women, which is (and always will be) a serious topic. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me about the who, what, when, where and why...it shouldn't be acceptable. I know for a fact it's not permitted here on NT, remember this sticky?
http://niketalk.com/topic/273406/Reminder-sexist-jokes---allowed--NT-Don-t--banned--making--t
This post isn't about judging him as a person (I think Arenas is a clown, but for a number of reasons) but judging his actions based on this situation. I've seen people praise Gil's "sense of humor" here on NT, but don't tell me there's going to be a problem when I or anyone else criticizes this kind of behavior. 
 
Top Bottom