So why do old black people think Lie is a curse word?

NT is more obsessed with black people generalizations than any board on the internet save for StormFront, Castefootball, and the Hannity forums

It's not a race thing. My grandmother feels the same way about the word (I'm white btw). I'm sure it's just something the older generations were brought up with. I do find it amusing sometimes how up in arms she gets as if I just cursed someone out
laugh.gif

You know how spooky older folks can be in their thinking.They're probably equating calling someone a liar with condemning them to "hell".

I don't know about them considering it a curse word but my father use to always correct me when I said so and so lied or if I said "you're lying" and to say "____ isn't telling the truth." If I used the word in another format no problem though.

I think it has to do with respect, connotation of the word, and just how it sounds in the form of an accusation.

I was on the bus earlier and this white toddler was calling his sibling or a friend a "dirty cheater" over and over loud as !#@# and I was just thinking to myself how my parents, grandparents and other relatives wouldn't stand for that. Specifically the "dirty" part.

It's all about tone and phrases given the situation.

call a old black lady a "lie" and see what happened

til this day i don't say that word around grandma

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

jesus I hate these racial topics founded on no basis. Please do yourself a favor and shut the #@!$ up. Seriously. No one likes liars. You're the reason petty arguments and division exists. Please stop posting.

someone is mad.

Mods should just sticky one black thread so all of y'all questions, concerns, and hate can be answered.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

NT is more obsessed with black people generalizations than any board on the internet save for StormFront, Castefootball, and the Hannity forums

Maybe I worded it wrong but from my experiences living in the south this trait is very common amongst the elderly .

Originally Posted by aThievinGenIus

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

I don't know, growing up we couldn't use the word lie around our elders.
i couldnt tell people to "shut up" either

I got whooped by my dad for calling someone an idiot at daycare when I was little 
laugh.gif

I couldn't say Lie rather I had to say fib
laugh.gif

Shut up was a smack in the face
laugh.gif

Couldn't say dumb or stupid either

Never noticed the opinion of the word was race-specific. but OP does have a point. To this day i still have to say "fib" around my older family members, even my mom. And I'm black...GO FIGURE!

this isht is legit. round My way you say an older person was lying u had a problem on ur hands. My Parents didnt mind but majority of My friends parents cared alot, those were the same ones that had to call their parents "Sir" and "Ma'am" too....

Back
Top Bottom