So why do old black people think Lie is a curse word?

I would seriously like to know , because this really gets on my nerves.
mad.gif

jesus I hate these racial topics founded on no basis. Please do yourself a favor and shut the *$*% up. Seriously. No one likes liars. You're the reason petty arguments and division exists. Please stop posting.

Did not know this. I'm going to try it and curse at old black people tomorrow.
I'll update this thread with pics of my black eye tomorrow.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

jesus I hate these racial topics founded on no basis. Please do yourself a favor and shut the *$*% up. Seriously. No one likes liars. You're the reason petty arguments and division exists. Please stop posting.

Well smartness I asked why do they consider the word lie a curse word I never said I lied or anything .Next time you post in a thread read carefully and quit jumping to conclusions. You sound quite ignorant .
indifferent.gif

i know around my way...my people considered it a form of disrespect. as in they weren't loyal or trustworthy...so extreme insult to their character as a person.

Whoooooa slow down man! Homie actually has a point. When I was a kid and said the word lie my mom always told me not to say it like it was a curse word or something, and she was in her 40's then..... I always wondered about that though. S*** had me like
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

I just find it crazy how you can say hell , god damn, anything but the word Lie gets the most uproar.

anyone gets offended when they are caught in a lie/accused of lying, especially old people. I think in the black community respecting elders is held very important, and calling one a liar would be seen as very disrespectful.

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

Whoooooa slow down man! Homie actually has a point. When I was a kid and said the word lie my mom always told me not to say it like it was a curse word or something, and she was in her 40's then..... I always wondered about that though. S*** had me like
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
Is this a regional thing? Southern maybe? I have never heard of this before, then again I'm not "African American"

Back
Top Bottom