SoCal Experts... I require some assistance and help in getting around LA..

Discussion in 'SoCal' started by whatyouknow, Dec 14, 2009.

1. whatyouknow

whatyouknow

Hi there, my folks are going to be visiting LA very soon, and I was just hoping to get some help from of you in regards to them getting around...

When I went to LA couple years back, I was lucky enough to have someone take me around.. but unfortunately, they will be 100 percent tourists.

They'd like to hit the outlets up (for both themselves and me), I informed them of Camarillo and Ontario Mills, but what would be the easiest way ofgetting to them from say Downtown or Hollywood? Does anyone know if there is like a shuttle bus, etc, etc?

OR are there any other outlets which may be more accessable?

Also, how far is NTLA or the Beverly Centre from say Hollywood?

Also, I know where NTLV is, but is there any other decent outlets in LV? I remember stopping at one on the way into LV, which had a Nike Outlet.. butwasn't that big.

I also told them about Pinkys, but can't remember its exact location, but if it is close to any of the above mentioned places.. that'd be easier.

Lastly, is there any do's or don'ts when going around via taxi/cabs?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

2. cincoseisdos

cincoseisdos

SoCal = CAR CAR CAR

no way around it unfortunately

only outlets are in Cabazon, Camarillo and in SD (San Ysidro by the Mexican Border and Viejas Outlet by SDSU)

LA has one called the Citadel that sucks, and there's one in Carlsbad although i've never been.

NTLA and Beverly Center are close to Hollywood, car though.

The outlet on your way to LV is the Barstow outlets I believe? Or was that when I was a kid.

3. foe the love of money

foe the love of money

Pinkys, or Pinks?
    the lines get really long

but yea u deff need a car. rent one. steal one if u have to

LA is where its at

citadel does suck, horrible selection for men

4. whatyouknow

whatyouknow

5. ooiron manoo

ooiron manoo

Yes the Beverly Center does have a House of Hoops.

The Block does have a Nike Factory Store, the selection is [​IMG] though.

I do not recommend walking from NTLA to the Beverly Center.

Just rent a car, that way you can go to NTLA, the La Brea corridor (boutiques and sneaker spots), Fairfax (Flight Club, Farmers Market, The Grove), Melrose(Pinks) and Beverly Center. They are all relatively close, by car.

Citadel is [​IMG]. Old Navy, Banana Republic, Levis, Calvin Klein, VanHeusen, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica [​IMG]. To top it off I only have to drive15 minutes compared to having to drive an hour to hit up the other outlets, makes it more [​IMG]

Horrible selection for men [​IMG], depends on how you dress.

All the Outlets are an 1 hour + from LA and even further from the Hollywood/NTLA area, even the Block at Orange location. If you want to hit up all thesejoints you need to get a car, no way around it.