SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

20210401_153736.jpg

MIJ k leather Mizuno Morelia sneakers :blush:

I think I have a problem

An appeal to the collective wisdom of the boards:

Picked up a pair of unworn Vapor VI Safaris (from original 2009 Release) on EBay. Want to give them a run out, but notice the heel liner has begun to ever-so-slightly peel.

Last Thanksgiving, I played for fun in my pair of 2010 WC CTR360 Maestris (admittedly, with grip socks on). The cleats, which had been in near pristine condition, had a significant portion of the heel liner ripped out—I suspect from the grip socks.

I want to avoid this on my Vapor VI Safaris. How do I best care for an aging synthetic boot (over 10 years old now), and assure they can hold up?

I don’t think there’s much you can do aside from not playing in them.

Natural grass probably better than turf.

Don't like it as much as the current kit, but Nike gonna come out swinging for 21/22

“One unhappy Brazilian player... playing second fiddle to Neymar”

*cough*Coutinho*cough*

For real though, this phenomenon has been evident for a while. Nice to get an info-graphic presentation summing it up. You can see it in the increased promulgation of women footballer’s on NDC’s feed, more attention on their IG feed, etc. and the fact that now special edition boots are marketed ”as worn by CR7, Mbappe, and Kerr”. Or highlighting Leike’s boot choice, as opposed to a “lesser” men’s star.

Golden age of boot drama is probably over.

Yeah, Coutinho randomly turned up as the headliner for the Phantom Vision 1, and then like 1/2 a season in wasn’t even wearing them anymore and was back in mercurials. Sucks, because the ad was really, really cool:

Back
Top Bottom