Soccer Players Are the Best Athletes In Sports vol. No Contest

I know I may receive flak for this, but whatevs. Bottom line is, soccer players are the following:
Most Acrobatic

Most Agility

Most Conditioned

Therefore, there the best athletes in sports.

I mean, I'm not even a fan of the sports, but this needs to be stated.

Discuss

Basketball imo
No disrespect to soccer players, because I learned long it ago its way more to it than kicking a ball.

BASKETBALL

learning how to dribble, shoot, play d

speed, conditioning, strength, all around athleticism 

i think it's soccer and hockey. i think endurance wise, hockey and soccer players are the most conditioned. just from growing up playing and the type of practices. the two spend the most time on conditioning type drills and exercise.

hockey has all the eye hand, agility, strength, etc of other sports...but played at a much higher speed and on skates, so increased balance involved.

Conditioned sure [boxing] but not necessarily more athletic than some of these guys.

Basketball def not, a lot of overweight players on there to be "best conditioned".
Soccer, futbol, and boxing are some of the more conditioned athletes.

In terms of raw athletic ability NFL players need to be considered. Where else can you find athletes with that kind of strength and speed.

Hockey players
Doesn't require much pure strength to play soccer, some dudes are straight weaklings 

You can make a case for just about any major sport other than baseball. I won't sit up here and argue it across sports. Each sports requires the expertise of different athletic aspects. So I won't say X Athletes are better than Y athletes. They all are freaks.

But, but, but, hockey players, to do what they do on ICE, is something I think is undervalued.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

I know I may receive flak for this, but whatevs. Bottom line is, soccer players are the following:
Most Acrobatic

Most Agility

Most Conditioned

Therefore, there the best athletes in sports.

I mean, I'm not even a fan of the sports, but this needs to be stated.

Discuss

If you talking about pure athletes, then a triathlete athlete is the best athlete in sports.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Wrestlers (amateur/Olympic)
I won't say they're the best, but the training they do is beastly and they're tough as hell.  My friends on the team in high school would tell me how people would be puking all the time during practice and look dead after.
Soccer players have sick conditioning considering all the running they do.  The majority of them are pretty lean though and I doubt they do much weight training (not including lower body routines).

Boxers may be the most conditioned but Football is filled with the most genetic and physical freaks.

Soccer and Basketball players are well conditioned as well but not as explosive and powerful as a Football player.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Boxers may be the most conditioned but Football is filled with the most genetic and physical freaks.

Soccer and Basketball players are well conditioned as well but not as explosive and powerful as a Football player.

I also think NFL players have the combination of speed, power and strength. Boxers too. In the NBA theres little physical contact and soccer players only got speed or conditioning.  
NFL and Boxing I would say

Yea in terms of basic athleticism (speed, strength, jumping ability), the best defensive ends, linebackers, and tight ends might be unmatched on the planet. As I mentioned earlier, it depends on what athletic scale you are using to judge these athletes. Because on the scale I just mentioned, futbol players wouldn't rank high.

But if we factor in footwork, hand/eye coordination, and enduance, futbol players would be up there.

What about sprinters, nobody has mentioned them. In terms of basic athleticism, they are probably the most explosive family of athletes.

I think its tough to have a discussion on sprinters, because its basically 2 things imo., reaction time and running. I know you have to learn how to come out of the blocks and all that, and Im not dismissing sprinting, but at the basic level, sprinting is just running fast.

I put soccer above NBA because they are both very similar, but soccer is played on a much larger field. In both sports you run, dribble, shoot, play defense, etc...but you have to be much more conditioned for soccer.

Its really almost impossible to compare because like DC said, it depends on what scale you are using. I tend to agree though that NFL players would probably have the best chance of crossing over sports. 

NFL (certain positons) and boxing are my choices. Soccer players are amazing athletes, but I believe an NFL player is more athletic

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You can make a case for just about any major sport other than baseball. I won't sit up here and argue it across sports. Each sports requires the expertise of different athletic aspects. So I won't say X Athletes are better than Y athletes. They all are freaks.

But, but, but, hockey players, to do what they do on ICE, is something I think is undervalued.

This. People are using different criteria for their answers. You have to define what criteria you're looking at before you can give an answer. Best "athlete" is too vague, that is a whole range of possibilities.

I agree the soccer players are the best athletes.

My background:
Forward in soccer ( midfielders are in better shape)
Free Safety in Football
pick up basketball only ... I know i know

Btw soccer players do alot of weights but the running still tones you down and makes you look slim. Now that i dont play much soccer i am starting to get brolic lol

Back
Top Bottom