Social Activities With Co-Workers: Yay or Na

If Im cool with my co workers I have no problem going out with them...

I understand if someone wants to keep their professional & personal life separate, though.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Goin to the strip club this saturday with a few women from my job...............lesbiens, but at least i get to watch them get danced on
happy.gif
(the girly lesbos, not the butch manly looking ones)
You plan on hittin? If not, what fun is it seeing them getting danced on?

Never had co-workers my age, but I don't think it would be a problem. Drinking is a social thing, so if anything, it could bring people closer together and make work more enjoyable.

got invited to a small going away dinner for one of the workers at my internship last year.

it was ok, i guess. dudes were alright, realized my boss was lame lol. even though she was only 2 years older than me(recent grad).

you could tell she tried to be professional at all times.

i would love to but we all work 70-80 hrs a week so theres really no time to do anything. once winter hits, we'll all be drinking everyday since we'll be getting laid off
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am pretty much a loner at work, but I am cool with folks but I don't identify with any group of people.
That's not a bad thing.

It can depend on the job but I think it would be cool of him just to roll sometimes for an hour or so and still work out later.

He can have a non alcoholic drink and just chill. Can't hurt

Depends on if you get along well with your coworkers. Especially if you're a young professional and don't have a family yet, I think work life and social life can and do overlap.

My last job I worked a 3rd shift job and there were nothing but dudes my age(21-22 at the time).. we used to go out drinking all the time after work at 7:30 am
laugh.gif
and on weekends we chilled a lot too

Anti-social? There's a difference between not liking social contact and sticking to your priorities.

If your boy wants to work out instead of drinking, he shouldn't feel any pressure to drink. When I used to have time issues I had to choose between working out on a Friday night and hanging out with friends. I chose to work out, my friends understood and I felt good because honestly I hate missing workouts.

3 of my real good friends have came from work. We all hang out, play ball, grab drinks, play fantasy football.

i dont see anything wrong with it; i do it all the time.

we drink and play volleyball every week out back and do the occasional happy hour.

i never understood the "separate work life from professional life" stance. just dont share anything too personal
laugh.gif

i don't mind chilling with co-workers

i just hate forced togetherness like the lil lunch-ins and other lil company get-togethers

used to chill and play pool with cats from the job and watch ufc fights or hoop

and of course smanged a couple chicks here and there

I've drank with people from all my jobs (from high school until now - after college)..

Gets awkward at times (since we invite the managers along) but after a beer or two, everyone's real chill..

I'm a confident dude...Some might say overly confident at the workplace, but mostly like by all my coworkers. When I get to have a few drinks and show even more of myself people have seemed to respect me more. Makes me much more willing to do these things given that.

All Ready wrote:
i don't mind chilling with co-workers

i just hate forced togetherness like the lil lunch-ins and other lil company get-togethers

used to chill and play pool with cats from the job and watch ufc fights or hoop

and of course smanged a couple chicks here and there

this.

Keep it limited, don't tell everyone all your personal business, and do NOT get super pissy drink around your co workers rumors will fly.

I know a lot of people that hang out with their co workers and honestly don't see a problem with it. However, I personally have never hung out with any of mine. I see them enough as it is, I am not trying to be friends with em.

I had one job where I went out often with my co-workers....builds a good rapport outside of work.

I only got like 1 or 2 co workers close to my age everyone else is way older..and there one semi hot chick I work with..me and them arnt really the same kind of people either so it would just be akward..we had a mandatory picnic the other day..horrible

Back
Top Bottom