Society has officially lost it... SMH

Song should be banned just off how annoying it is. This one and Paul McCartney's Christmas song. Yuck.

Interesting take. The drink line is especially suspicious considering how common and borderline accepted it was to slip a woman a Mickey back then. Bill Cosby talked about it on national TV like it was giving her a glass a vodka. I don't think that's the intended meaning but it does cause a valid argument.

Dude is very persistent in the song and I'm sure every man has done that song and dance before. And there's a thin line between persistence and harassment.

I dont like the original, or the video

they got new versions they constantly play that sound better, same lyrics yet no one had a problem with it before :lol:

I didn’t know Bruce Jenner did music. Ima give it a listen

Been calling this the date rape Christmas song for the longest time. Didn’t know you could ban a song with no curse words. Whisper song is okay to play on the radio still or nah?

On a side note: that “I saw mommy kissing Santa clause” song needs to be banned as well.
Why? I've thought this whole time it was Dad dressed up as Santa Claus, and the kid saw his mom kissing him (not knowing who it was under the costume)?

I read this the other day. Oh well, one less Christmas song to listen to

Christmas music is whack anyway.

Throw in some chill vibes playlists in Spotify around the crib during the holiday season and pay attention to the real news

Hate crimes have increased for the third consecutive year, and are up 17% from 2016.
The infant mortality rate suffered by Black mothers is double that of White mothers.
Black Americans represent 13% of the population, but 39% of all unarmed people killed by police officers, and are arrested over 2.5 times more frequently than White Americans for drug offenses, despite nearly identical usage rates.
Women earn less than half of what men do over the course of their careers.
Life expectancy is falling as deaths of despair increase.
It's looking less and less likely that we'll successfully avert the catastrophic effects of climate change.
Immigrant children separated from their families by the United States Government are being molested and put up for adoption.

... and you believe "society has officially lost it" because one radio station in Cleveland cancelled the 1940's version of "Blurred Lines?"

privilege.gif
:rofl:

Society has changed and things are viewed differently now. Catch a girl kiss a girl game will get you put on a sexual offenders list today.

Society has changed and things are viewed differently now. Catch a girl kiss a girl game will get you put on a sexual offenders list today.
I disagree with “OMG everything has changed!!”. The difference now is that it takes ONE person to make a change due to the internet.

To be fair, if you're a grown adult running the streets playing "catch a girl kiss a girl" you probably deserve the sexual harassment charges.

That game is for children on the playground b

Unless you're at a "party" and everyone knows the rules :nerd:

(I really can’t stay) But, baby, it’s cold outside
(I’ve got to go away) But, baby, it’s cold outside
(This evening has been) Been hoping that you’d drop in
(So very nice) I’ll hold your hands they’re just like ice

(My mother will start to worry) Beautiful, what’s your hurry
(My father will be pacing the floor) Listen to the fireplace roar
(So really I’d better scurry) Beautiful, please don’t hurry
(Well, maybe just half a drink more) Put some records on while I pour

(The neighbors might think) Baby, it’s bad out there
(Say what’s in this drink) No cabs to be had out there
(I seem to be in) Your eyes are like starlight now
(Some crazy spell) I’ll take your hat, your hair looks swell

(I ought to say no, no, no, sir) Mind if I move in closer
(At least I’m gonna say that I tried) What’s the sense of hurting my pride
(I really can’t stay) Baby, don’t hold out
[Both] Oh, but it’s cold outside

(I simply must go) Baby, it’s cold outside
(The answer is no) Baby, it’s cold outside
(The welcome has been) How lucky that you dropped in
(So nice and warm) Look out the window at that storm….

If you know a woman that has been assaulted and raped, I can see the lyrics very demeaning and hurtful.
Considering we're in the me too movement where we're empowering women to stand up, this song does need to be censored as a typical Christmas holiday song.

If you know a woman that has been assaulted and raped, I can see the lyrics very demeaning and hurtful.
Considering we're in the me too movement where we're empowering women to stand up, this song does need to be censored as a typical Christmas holiday song.

Read that article I posted, which was written by a woman and explains the song in depth.

Read that article I posted, which was written by a woman and explains the song in depth.

I read it. It's one feminist's view on the song but it clearly doesn't put in perspective of how we as a society has changed to put an end to the "DATE RAPE" culture.

Back
Top Bottom