Sold shoes on eBay, buyer now claims they are fake and wants money back. What to do?

So I sold some Kobe's on eBay with box and everything including the receipt and the buyer is now trying to say that they are fake.

I obviously don't want to give him money back because I am sure they are authentic, and I'm afraid that he might replace them with a replica when he returns it.

Can anyone else offer some insight here?

How do you sell safely?

If you think he might replace them with some replicas, I hope you have a lot of pictures of the shoes to point out flaws to paypal and tell them those aren't the shoes you sent out. Be prepared to waste a lot of you time.

on a serious note. ur effed.

claiming item as fake or not as described is basically the new "never got da package"

Which Kobes? Bought from where?

Got photos you used in auction? Post 'em. This thread is useless without pics. For all we know you gave him a bogus pair with a legit receipt.

as long as u took detailed photos u good. as soon as u recieve ur pair back compare them with the photos and if theyre fake report to ebay

Bought from NBAStore.com

Kobe ASG 7Y

Do I really have to refund the buyer even though they are authentic?

Kobes come in that box? None of mines do

ASK TEAM ROSHE FOR HELP B
laugh.gif

If i'm not mistaken doesn't paypal decide whether they are authentic or not? 

No.

If the buyer says they're fake and the seller says they're real, then they'll just have the buyer ship the shoes back to the seller.

PayPal is aware of the potential for a bait and switch, but I've never had that happen to me so I have no idea how they go about dealing with it.

if he files a claim saying they are fake wont be have to prove they are fake?

otherwise decline a refund.

1.provide paypal all the data you can(photos,receipt etc) and prove that the shoes are authentic
2.Call paypal,don't wait for emails,calling IS ALWAYS better
3.If he keeps claiming they are fake paypal will force him to send them back.As long as you receive the package videotape the whole process (from the moment you receive from the post office-postal service till you open it).This way you will have a defense in case he sends back sth else or fake shoes.

Keep in mind (especially considering that size) that this may be a mom cancelling her son's stupid order.It has happened to me through the form of a chargeback.KEEP IN CONTACT WITH PAYPAL as much as you can,especially on the phone.

If none of the above works out well,get that son of a ***** and kick his ***.Hope everything goes well,let us know how this goes.

3.If he keeps claiming they are fake paypal will force him to send them back.As long as you receive the package videotape the whole process (from the moment you receive from the post office-postal service till you open it).This way you will have a defense in case he sends back sth else or fake shoes.

I'll do this the next time I sell something to avoid **** like this from the start.
Nope, he'll have to prove they're real.
Would my online receipt do?

I haven't responded to him.

bottom line dont sell off ebay and dont take paypal

story's like this are the reason i don't since i started to sell 10 years ago

only through niketalk craigslist and my e-mail through google search
is how i sold and continue to sell

Last edited:
I'll do this the next time I sell something to avoid **** like this from the start.
Would my online receipt do?

I haven't responded to him.
Nope, who's to say you didn't switch them out? Bottom line, pray you get your shoes back after you send a refund. Buyers control everything on PayPal and eBay

Last edited:
eBay/Paypal are such a joke.

Sold a pair of shoes to a buyer in Italy.  After researching things, I found that Italy prohibits the import of any footwear, not to mention their postal system is hella shady.  So I contacted the buyer and asked if we could agree to officially cancel the eBay transaction, to which they agreed.  I then refunded them in full.

Woke up today to a Paypal dispute claiming that they never received the item.  They won the auction on Saturday--today is Monday.  Even if I did go through with the transaction, how in the entire **** would they have the shoes already, less than 48 hours after they won the auction?  

This is basically an open/shut case for me, but the fact that I even have to go through the hassle of this **** is absurd.  I clearly refunded their money via Paypal, but Paypal still lets them open a claim and put a $245 hold on my account.  Makes absolutely NO sense.   

Back
Top Bottom