Some girl posted this on Facebook...Oplnlons please....

I'm a guy and enjoy the fact that I can ride the train or walk the streets late at night without the fear of being raped.  I feel bad for my female friends who always have to worry about their safety.
This is a man's world.  Always has been and always will be.

Eve was the first one to bite the forbidden fruit.. Took Adam down with her.. Serves just right.

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Is is dumb that I think she is right?

I would never want to be a female (gender dimorphic syndrome or any other weird reason, ayo, aside).  I would never want to carry a child that could ruin my body forever.   I would never want to feel like dying once a month every month.
I would never want to live knowing there is a near impossibility of me being able to dunk a basketball (shots fired)

We age way better then women.  Gray hair = distinguished
I don't believe in the Man makes the money and women tends to the children stereotype but if my life played out that way....much rather go to work then tend to children all day.

I don't really see why being a man is that hard at at all....in fact I love it.

Tell the broad to get on the pill and stay abstinent. Problem 95% solved. Chicks these days. smh. I mean all she has to do is be a mediocre athlete and she can go play D1 ball anywhere in the country. ###%$% got it easy if you ask me. Jus tdont give up the goodies, stack your paper, and have dudes simp. Problem solved.

Originally Posted by hotboy

Boy gotta get jobs and provide for women who do nothin sit on they @*% and get sexed up by the men. we have to make sure our penis is big enough. we gotta make sure our daughters dont become jumpoffs.... we got all types of thingas to do... us men have it to hard... if you a ugly dude, you have no chance... if you a ugly a girl, you can twerk and suck to make a livin.... being a male hard too
pimp.gif

What in tercourse happened in this thread?

On topic tho:

Tell your friend she's wrong...politely, mind you...but firmly.

Originally Posted by hugebird

She is actually correct, but honestly I am not surprised that you guys on NT don't understand it. If you think about it from a world view, just think about the treatment of women all over the globe, and tell me that it is easy to be a woman in other societies other than most Western societies.

And even in the society where they are supposed to be deemed equal they frequently battle things such as the decision between having a career and having a family (which is rarely a concern for men) and unequal pay for equal work, on average.

In a society where we are so hyper aware of the plight of certain groups (races, sexual orientations), women's issues are frequently marginalized, and blatant sexism in the media and in life is gone unchecked, and in times when it is brought to attention, dismissed. Just look at NT's treatment of women, as almost subhuman beings, and as I type this there is a thread on the first page here that is full of laughing emoticons showing men hitting women in movies. I just don't feel that if you replaced women with any other group of people, there would have been some sort of reaction other than laughter, but for some reason people are okay with it being women.
I'm really surprised that it took this long for someone who get's it to post. Mostly surprised at a few of the more knowledgeable nt'ers not seeing this. You're completely on point Hugebird. It is DEFINITELY harder to be a woman in this world. While I have no doubt that this particular females claims are more likely rooted in her mistakes as a person than any sort of gender issue the basis of her claim is not very far off. I'm just gonna chalk up the responses in here to age because obviously many of you are blind to the facts.
I'm a guy and enjoy the fact that I can ride the train or walk the streets late at night without the fear of being raped.  I feel bad for my female friends who always have to worry about their safety.
This is a man's world.  Always has been and always will be.

And rape concerns ain't even the half of it
30t6p3b.gif
What you said is not hyperbole. This is clearly a man's world.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Society deems anything thats "not man" to be "woman"

A woman is never NOT a woman.

Thats all i'll say on that.

Don't let "appearances" fool you all. Bravado and machismo are a result of facades perpetrated to give off an aura of confidence and awareness while exerting perceived dominance.

Remove biology from the equation and all we're left with to discuss/address is how we sociologically ascribe characteristics that separate men from women.

You'll see a longer list of what it takes to be a man over the list for being a woman.

One of the better posts I've seen on NT in regards to gender issues. Nice to see some on here can come to this topic with this kind of mindset, it seems this is one of the issues NT (and society at large), is unable to properly discuss.

Edit: hugebird and RavageBX have great points as well. It's not a total surprise considering NT primarily consists of men, but it's still disappointing to see some attitudes towards women and gender issues.

Originally Posted by goDie

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My dude Brown going in.

Its crazy though how MyT is straight ignoring dude while hes pouring his heart out to her.

But let a brotha come in talking slick to MyT on some "let me clap dem cheekz" steez and shell be over the PM box.

Screen caps on deck.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

She is actually correct, but honestly I am not surprised that you guys on NT don't understand it. If you think about it from a world view, just think about the treatment of women all over the globe, and tell me that it is easy to be a woman in other societies other than most Western societies.

And even in the society where they are supposed to be deemed equal they frequently battle things such as the decision between having a career and having a family (which is rarely a concern for men) and unequal pay for equal work, on average.

In a society where we are so hyper aware of the plight of certain groups (races, sexual orientations), women's issues are frequently marginalized, and blatant sexism in the media and in life is gone unchecked, and in times when it is brought to attention, dismissed. Just look at NT's treatment of women, as almost subhuman beings, and as I type this there is a thread on the first page here that is full of laughing emoticons showing men hitting women in movies. I just don't feel that if you replaced women with any other group of people, there would have been some sort of reaction other than laughter, but for some reason people are okay with it being women.

I was actually going to make a thread called "help me out NT brethren vol: another minority problem thread" and copy and paste word for word a bunch of the most ridiculous posts about women I have seen on this website and just replace the word women with other groups. You nailed it without being as immature, *curtsey*
Just kidding about the curtsey, but you really did sum it up well.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My dude Brown going in.

Its crazy though how MyT is straight ignoring dude while hes pouring his heart out to her.

But let a brotha come in talking slick to MyT on some "let me clap dem cheekz" steez and shell be over the PM box.

Screen caps on deck.

Diego...please go die
laugh.gif

happy.gif

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Tell the broad to get on the pill and stay abstinent. Problem 95% solved. Chicks these days. smh. I mean all she has to do is be a mediocre athlete and she can go play D1 ball anywhere in the country. ###%$% got it easy if you ask me. Jus tdont give up the goodies, stack your paper, and have dudes simp. Problem solved.
what?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My dude Brown going in.

Screen caps on deck.
I'm weak right now. This thread is too much

happy.gif

what?
laugh.gif

Basically saying all the problems she mentioned coul dbe avaoided and if she was a half decent athlete, he can go play something in college and get a free education out of it. I was just typing fast. sorry

When my girl has pms and cramps, I'm right there rubbing her stomach, and when she gave birth I was right there holding her hand as she destroyed my fingers. Broad sounds single.

happy.gif

what?
laugh.gif
Basically saying all the problems she mentioned coul dbe avaoided and if she was a half decent athlete, he can go play something in college and get a free education out of it. I was just typing fast. sorry

I honestly don't think the fast typing was the problem. 

very well said.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Is is dumb that I think she is right?

I would never want to be a female (gender dimorphic syndrome or any other weird reason, ayo, aside).  I would never want to carry a child that could ruin my body forever.   I would never want to feel like dying once a month every month.
I would never want to live knowing there is a near impossibility of me being able to dunk a basketball (shots fired)

We age way better then women.  Gray hair = distinguished
I don't believe in the Man makes the money and women tends to the children stereotype but if my life played out that way....much rather go to work then tend to children all day.

I don't really see why being a man is that hard at at all....in fact I love it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I honestly don't think the fast typing was the problem. 

this...

you gotta explain this better sir
laugh.gif
how does that solve the problems of being a female?

Back
Top Bottom