Some good Techno music?

Before this thread gets out of hand, are you looking for techno, or just electronica in general? Because guaranteed 100% of the suggestions in this thread willnot be techno.

What dmbrhs said. Techno is music from the late 80's/early 90's. Calling today's electronica "techno" is like referring to Heavy Metal as"glam rock" or Dance music as "disco"
What kind of electronica do you like? IDM, Ambient, Downtempo, Drum N Bass, Trance, Breakbeat, House, etc...?

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

Offer Nissim
Lasgo
Ian

DARE I SAY:

Cascada?
cascada is trance..i think
good techno would be like tiesto....i can jam to tiesto for days

insomnia by tiesto is
pimp.gif

so is BASS

Originally Posted by joshhassolex

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

Offer Nissim
Lasgo
Ian

DARE I SAY:

Cascada?
cascada is trance..i think
good techno would be like tiesto....i can jam to tiesto for days

Thank you for making my point for me.

And Cascada isn't trance, it's pop Eurodance.

oh my bad i didn't actually realize that there was that many types of it.
I was looking for more of a electronica like that they are playing in the clubs or at raves.

When ppl keep mistaking music that isn't hip-hop as techno in this forum, I die a little more inside each time

here's some stuff to start you off with though:

MSTRKRFT ft N.O.R.E. - Bounce

Originally Posted by UGK4Life

oh my bad i didn't actually realize that there was that many types of it.
I was looking for more of a electronica like that they are playing in the clubs or at raves.

Play with this site for about an hour. Although a little dated, it's the best, most comprehensive guide for electronica, with samples for everythingunder the sun.
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
As for what they play at clubs, it depends on which clubs you go to. Generally, popular clubs (or the places to "be seen") are a combo of popularhouse and anthem trance. If you want to listen to some great trance, listen to any of Oakenfold's Essential Mixes from 1999, or his EM from 1994 (do aGoogle search for "Goa Mix Paul Oakenfold"). His Tranceport album is a classic as well, featuring some of the greatest trance tracks of all time.

Although you don't mean Techno at all, even Techno could be broken down to a mess of genres. You can usually tell by the tempo and sounds beingused.

A good way is to follow a few DJs you like, and they do the work for you by playing the music you probably wouldn't know about.

Techno
pimp.gif
, word to the Belville 3, Kevin Saunderson, Juan Atkins, and the other dude (his name evades me). detroit stand up
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

EDM is great though. Tiesto, PVD, etc. are all good to me.

Back
Top Bottom