Some guy from the air force is going to interview me about my friend that joined the airforce

I guess it;s a background check or something but How long does this take? he's coming over to my house to ask me questions about my friend who recentlyjoined the air force, is this dude going to try to recruit me or something too?

it's got me
mad.gif
cuz it seems like he could have just asked me throughthe phone but now he has to come over to my house?? %%*

if its this early he's probably trying to recruit you..but i got a buddy in surveillance and communication department some folks from the governmentinterviewed me to get his clearance badge

Is your friend an officer? If so, I think officers have to get a security clearance before they get deployed overseas. Not sure though call your friend and askhim what to do.

well damn, dude called me up and practically invited himself to a sit down interview in my house, I was like
mad.gif
???

Its for his clearance its no big deal. I have a clearance nothing to worry about. He will ask a few questions should take about 30 mins...

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Is your friend an officer? If so, I think officers have to get a security clearance before they get deployed overseas. Not sure though call your friend and ask him what to do.
he's in school in mississippi right now taking class for the air force but i'm not sure what he's doing, he got out of basic trainingabout 2-3 months ago

he's probably a recruiter and they don't play...

had one guy call me for days...so effing annoying...

It's just for his clearance. He might try to recruit you too, they get like 1,000$ per body (at least the dudes in the mall do), but it's not a bigdeal. He'll just ask you to verify whatever your friend put you down for a reference for, like did so and so really live here during this period of time.It's only a big deal if he gets denied (criminal and credit history are the most common factors that cause people to get denied, not bad testimony) and heis in an M.O.S that requires a clearance because then he has to switch, and if he got a bonus he has to pay it back because he's no longer in that mos

His AFSC is communications and he needs a TS clearance. He is prob in tech school at Keesler AFB in Mississippi. The guy will only ask you to verify things.The special agent that will talk to you is not in the military so he wont try to recruit you. Ive been in the Air Force 9 years and I have to go through thisprocess every 5 years.

Originally Posted by RevTommy34

His AFSC is communications and he needs a TS clearance. He is prob in tech school at Keesler AFB in Mississippi. The guy will only ask you to verify things. The special agent that will talk to you is not in the military so he wont try to recruit you. Ive been in the Air Force 9 years and I have to go through this process every 5 years.
oh ok and yeah thats the name of the tech school he's at, so this will will take 5 mins or so right??

yeah just for the clearance.take about 5-10 min. got denied for my top secret clearance.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

dont sign anything...
Yup. Be short with everything. Dont give them info about yourself besides your name. Only answer questions about your friend.

I thought the Air Force was the hardest to get in, so why recruit?

Try to keep you crib clean and stuff.... for your friend.

it could be a background investigator...my dad does that in georgia, and they do background checks on anyone getting any federal job. they dont take long, theyjust get in and get out wit the info

Back
Top Bottom