Some people don't rinse their mouths after brushing teeth?

Joined Jan 12, 2010
My friend was telling me after he brushes his teeth he doesn't rinse his mouth, because its good to keep the stuff from the toothpaste in your mouth and teeth.  I told him that +$## is disgusting, and I couldn't imagine brushing my teeth then straight up leaving the bathroom with that leftover toothpaste foam in my mouth
  Is my friend really that dumb, or do you know other people that do that +$##?

kdawg

Staff member
Joined Jun 25, 2003
Your friend has a point though. It has been shown that rinsing your mouth with water is worse for you than leaving the small amount of toothpaste that is left behind after brushing. It continues to fight plaque and gum disease and keep your mouth fresh.

s0lefunk

Supporter
Joined May 31, 2007
Brush, spit, rinse toothbrush, brush again, spit, wipe mouth, end process. Am I doing it wrong?

Joined Jul 11, 2006
Originally Posted by kdawg

Your friend has a point though. It has been shown that rinsing your mouth with water is worse for you than leaving the small amount of toothpaste that is left behind after brushing. It continues to fight plaque and gum disease and keep your mouth fresh.
really? i thought people rinsed because the flouride from toothpaste is poisonous.

Joined Jan 30, 2009
I used to rinse as a kid, now i just spit it out. I do rinse with mouth wash though after brushing

Joined Oct 8, 2007
Originally Posted by AirCommanderMarsFiend

I've never rinsed, I always thought it made my breath smell better lol.

I guess it does have actual benefits.

Know that I think about it, it makes super sense. Plus it will help stain your teeth whiter too. I always kind of do that where after I am done brushing, I just leave the toothpaste in my mouth for a little bit longer and then after like 4 minutes or so, I rinse my mouth out.

Joined Aug 24, 2006

Well in that case why not rinse the first time and brush your teeth again and leave the second round of toothpaste residue in there.

toothpaste has flouride in it and from what I heard about flouride...hahaha *+%# leaving that poison in my mouth to get swallowed down into my system.

Joined Apr 2, 2009
i swear niketalk always questions everything anyone does that's different than what they do.

be yoself!

bursh how you want

Joined Nov 19, 2000

That's why you use Listerine or any other mouthwash after you brush.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now