Some people don't rinse their mouths after brushing teeth?

My friend was telling me after he brushes his teeth he doesn't rinse his mouth, because its good to keep the stuff from the toothpaste in your mouth and teeth.  I told him that +$## is disgusting, and I couldn't imagine brushing my teeth then straight up leaving the bathroom with that leftover toothpaste foam in my mouth
sick.gif
  Is my friend really that dumb, or do you know other people that do that +$##?

Your friend has a point though. It has been shown that rinsing your mouth with water is worse for you than leaving the small amount of toothpaste that is left behind after brushing. It continues to fight plaque and gum disease and keep your mouth fresh.

Brush, spit, rinse toothbrush, brush again, spit, wipe mouth, end process. Am I doing it wrong?

Originally Posted by kdawg

Your friend has a point though. It has been shown that rinsing your mouth with water is worse for you than leaving the small amount of toothpaste that is left behind after brushing. It continues to fight plaque and gum disease and keep your mouth fresh.

really? i thought people rinsed because the flouride from toothpaste is poisonous.

I used to rinse as a kid, now i just spit it out. I do rinse with mouth wash though after brushing

Originally Posted by AirCommanderMarsFiend

I've never rinsed, I always thought it made my breath smell better lol.

I guess it does have actual benefits.

Know that I think about it, it makes super sense. Plus it will help stain your teeth whiter too. I always kind of do that where after I am done brushing, I just leave the toothpaste in my mouth for a little bit longer and then after like 4 minutes or so, I rinse my mouth out.

Well in that case why not rinse the first time and brush your teeth again and leave the second round of toothpaste residue in there.

toothpaste has flouride in it and from what I heard about flouride...hahaha *+%# leaving that poison in my mouth to get swallowed down into my system.

i swear niketalk always questions everything anyone does that's different than what they do.

be yoself!

bursh how you want
laugh.gif

That's why you use Listerine or any other mouthwash after you brush.

Back
Top Bottom