Some say chivalry is dead now? do you think so?

are you a dude that are always greeting people, or always find yourself holding the door open for some one?

and a certain young woman comes along, you speak to her, just like you do everybody else (she thinks you're trying to get her number) and she then puts on a stink face as if to say, look i dont feel like hearing no dude spit some sorry game at me today.

i member i read somewhere one dude said he always spoke to people and he was holding the door open for a couple of people behind him one day, and he spoke to this young woman and said "How are you doing today ms.", immediately she put on her sour face and ignored him without making eye contact.....he then said he spoke to the ELDERLY woman right behind her and said close to the exact same thing "how are you doing today mam"...the older woman complimented him and moved on..

he said THEN the girl turned back and looked at him with a look of shame on her face like "oh wow, I'm sorry I was that way towards you."

nerd.gif
sometimes guys are just trying to be polite.

are you a dude that are always greeting people, or always find yourself holding the door open for some one?

and a certain young woman comes along, you speak to her, just like you do everybody else (she thinks you're trying to get her number) and she then puts on a stink face as if to say, look i dont feel like hearing no dude spit some sorry game at me today.

i member i read somewhere one dude said he always spoke to people and he was holding the door open for a couple of people behind him one day, and he spoke to this young woman and said "How are you doing today ms.", immediately she put on her sour face and ignored him without making eye contact.....he then said he spoke to the ELDERLY woman right behind her and said close to the exact same thing "how are you doing today mam"...the older woman complimented him and moved on..

he said THEN the girl turned back and looked at him with a look of shame on her face like "oh wow, I'm sorry I was that way towards you."

nerd.gif
sometimes guys are just trying to be polite.

If I'm exiting out of a building (school or wherever) and you're close, I hold the door. I think it's a nice gesture.

If I'm exiting out of a building (school or wherever) and you're close, I hold the door. I think it's a nice gesture.

Typical girls these days think money = chivalry... You can thank the media for glorifying %#!**...all these girls thinking that they're queens

Typical girls these days think money = chivalry... You can thank the media for glorifying %#!**...all these girls thinking that they're queens

Originally Posted by Luong1209

This.

This.

Cultures and traditions overlap all the time... I'm still alive.. I'm still chivalrous. Eh...

as a feminist, i don't believe in chivalry. women aren't mentally challenged or crippled.

Cultures and traditions overlap all the time... I'm still alive.. I'm still chivalrous. Eh...

as a feminist, i don't believe in chivalry. women aren't mentally challenged or crippled.

I hold doors all the time. Do unto others what you wish them to do for you..

Chivalry is definitely not dead. My girl is all about that 'the guy should call/text/contact' or whatever first. Yet, shes kinda feminist. I dont get it.

I hold doors all the time. Do unto others what you wish them to do for you..

Chivalry is definitely not dead. My girl is all about that 'the guy should call/text/contact' or whatever first. Yet, shes kinda feminist. I dont get it.

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

This.

i hold the door for everyone, it's kinda d*ckish and awkward if u don't

This.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This.

I'm starting to think that before this time of mass communication that Chivalry probably never existed....

I think when people read more or watched TV as a primary source of information instead of the internet where anyone's opinion matters, that people weren't trained to accept those ideas and morals. They didn't have a source from which to draw upon. Now with blogs and social media, we see that men and women probably always acted this way towards each other but now we just have more validation for it. Its probably easy for us to say its dead because we are under the impression that back then things were much more different...when the truth might be that back then, there were less sources of public information and influence, thus having a more direct impact.

If you have books and TV shows that impact entire generations and teach them how to speak and interact, thats much different than the internet showing people out of their element and being naturally rejective of some of these ideals...

Also, the feminist movement helped aid this so...

Back
Top Bottom