Someone Aware Me As To How Much These Church Pastors Make Per Year?

I don't know who has skipped more leg days, this dude of hova:

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 5.28.24 PM.png

download.jpg

Joel Osteen is worth around 50 Million. Owns a 10 million dollar house in Houston/private jet.
Dudes a damn scam artist like more these dudes

A pastor/priest whatever shouldn’t be on tv and living lavish. You doing gods work so wtf you asking for all this money and need and wanting all this crap?

With both parents that are pastors and being around their peers of whom are very successful pastors - it's all based on your members. Each church has a different purpose - Mega, Big, Small, Evangelist.

Like everything else, as my parents were taught in seminary theological school (ITC), the church is to be ran as a business. Many of these pastors have never been to seminary, or have a Masters in Divinity, just bible certification. Unlike my parents, they have both. It really depends on the denomination. A lot of these mega churches are independent and have hierarchy that’s sort of like a corporation. (self titles of apostles, prophets, bishops, arc-bishops)

In all honesty, pastors are now working full-time jobs while pastoring. It's not a lucrative profession as it used to be in the 50's-80's because of the lack of members, the internet, and numerous numbers of mega churches. Those days are passed. Mostly historical, mega churches, and well established churches are able to provide salaries. If not, they provide packages such as home or/and car payment paid or free room/board (depends on the church property), dry cleaning every month, monthly allowance, cellphone allowance, educational allowance includes books, classes, etc., travel expense, etc.

Sidenote:

Half the stuff they are taught in seminary would crush the souls of church goers. They wouldn't be able to handle the truth.

Most churches are built to provide hope. As most of goers are only wanting to hear that...And, not the TRUTH. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, they're are some really good pastors that are trying to save souls. Just like any profession, greed can be found. Best believe the Catholic church f'ng up the churches money too.

I can go on and on about this...

Last edited:
What is there to be torn about?
A pastor is held to a different standard regarding ethical matters. The problem is that the general public is held to absolutely no standard.

The problem is that this is a SEVERELY broken society and money is power. 200k could fix a lot of things yet a man of God spends it on a car.

Ironically, if a regular person posts that they just bought this car, there'd be #blessed hashtags on the picture and people would applaud him.

Last edited:
Man I'm thinking of those furballs with long skinny legs from those AMC commercials before the movie but can't find a pic.

Growing up the church I went to was one of the biggest of the denomination in the southeast, so the priest job was high paying. After the original priest resigned because he cheated on his wife, a new one came in that was supposedly “really good” (whatever that means). He started off making around $120k + free housing + free car ...not even 6 months later he was asking for more money. This split the church into 2 groups, one supporting the priest and one saying eff that.

My last day ever attending any church service was when I was 18. I was already on the fence about religion, but when the service was over and I walked out with my little sister and mom and saw my previous Sunday school teacher screaming at the top of her lungs at another senior member of the church and him yelling right back (in front of everyone) about the priest issue, I decided right then that I would never go back to any church, ever.

Growing up the church I went to was one of the biggest of the denomination in the southeast, so the priest job was high paying. After the original priest resigned because he cheated on his wife, a new one came in that was supposedly “really good” (whatever that means). He started off making around $120k + free housing + free car ...not even 6 months later he was asking for more money. This split the church into 2 groups, one supporting the priest and one saying eff that.

My last day ever attending any church service was when I was 18. I was already on the fence about religion, but when the service was over and I walked out with my little sister and mom and saw my previous Sunday school teacher screaming at the top of her lungs at another senior member of the church and him yelling right back (in front of everyone) about the priest issue, I decided right then that I would never go back to any church, ever.
I'm not religious but had a pretty awful experience with a priest during my dad's funeral ceremony last year, though nothing money related. I opted for private cremation but a lot of the older people in town wanted something more ceremonious so I agreed to a brief funeral ceremony in the local church before the coffin went off to the crematory.
The only times I've been in a church was my first communion and a funeral/wedding here and there so I'm not very familiar with church sermons and ceremonies but at some point the priest fills a goblet with red wine.

So our local priest fills up that goblet, chugs it down in one go and then proceeds to ask his assistant to fill it up again. He chugs it down in one go again.
Again I'm not very familiar with these practices but I'm pretty sure pour some wine once and that's it. To make matters worse, he filled the goblet a third time and proceeded to drink all of it.
This whole process took several minutes and the only words said during this time were his order to his assistant to fill the goblet a second time.
By that point I could hear people around me whispering "what the hell is going on here" "dude's an alcoholic or something?" etc. and folks were giving the priest some looks of disgust.

Almost everyone mentioned it after the ceremony ended. The priest did this infront of an almost full church.

My boys aunt makes 750 a month after taxes. She directly deposits 250 of that into her "Church's" account. Every time my boy tries to steer her she hits him with the "that will never change, I need to deposit that money to be closer to heaven."

Last edited:
My boys aunt makes 750 a month after taxes. She directly deposits 250 of that into her "Church's" account. Every time my boy tries to steer her she hits him with the "that will never change, I need to deposit that money to be closer to heaven."

:smh:

Where in the bible does it say to do this?

Back
Top Bottom