Someone Blow My Mind Vol. Illuminati, 2012, Aliens, Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy is a particle physicist who worked at CERN.

This particular video is on consciousness.

The guy is crazy smart and the way he speaks hypnotizes you.

No conspiracy theories or any BS in here, just theory on the world around us.

qm.gif

qm.gif

qm.gif

Definitely shouldn't have watched that video about Body doubles with the lights out.

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

Trying to grasp the 1+2=7 thing...please explain more

Well, obviously 1+2 does not equal 7. When adding a finite amount of elements (in this case, 2, namely 1 and 2) the order in which they are added does not matter (i.e. for finite sums addition is commutative).
The order you add things does matter, however, when you add up an infinite number of them. What I was trying to say was that order mattering in infinite sums would be like 1+2=7, which is why the fact is interesting.
An infinite sum that behaves like this is the alternating harmonic series: 1-(1/2)+(1/3)-(1/4)+(1/5)....+-(1/n).
If you add up the terms in the order I just wrote them, you get some number (that number is ln2, but that's beyond the point).
If you add the terms in a different order, however, you can get whatever answer you want. Let's say you want to get X as your answer. Then add up a bunch of odd terms (those with the + sign) until you get just above X, then subtract some of the even terms (those with - signs) so that you go right below X, then add more odd terms to go over X again, and continue to repeat this process. If you do this, the series converges to X.

There's more detailed explanations and formal proofs of this if you just google "alternating harmonic series order".
edit: just found this page, shows how you can get ln2/2 as an answer, its pretty clear. http://courses.ncssm.edu/math/talks/PDFS/AltHarm.pdf

theres a lot of controversy regarding this. Those who believe and those who don't

if you looked at the sky one night and really pay attention

60% chance you'll see a ufo

^i'm in corona and i have been hearing helicopters recently

thought it was just police tracking down criminals

id love to see something go down in my life time for the better.

i believe in god , but i do think there is other life forms , and planets out there.

This philosophical concept has intrigued me for quite some time now.

Philosophical Zombie a.k.a. P-Zombie
A philosophical zombie or p-zombie in the philosophy of mind and perception is a hypothetical being that is indistinguishable from a normal human being except in that it lacks conscious experience, qualia, or sentience.[sup][1][/sup] When a zombie is poked with a sharp object, for example, it does not feel any pain though it behaves exactly as if it does feel pain (it may say "ouch" and recoil from the stimulus, or tell us that it is in intense pain).
The notion of a philosophical zombie is used mainly in thought experiments intended to support arguments (often called "zombie arguments") against forms of physicalism such as materialism, behaviorism and functionalism. Physicalism is the idea that all aspects of human nature can be explained by physical means: specifically, all aspects of human nature and perception can be explained from a neurobiological standpoint. Since a zombie is physiologically indistinguishable from human beings its hypothetical possibility would be an argument for a consciousness that is more than the sum of neurological pathways and brain states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom