smh.gif

- The re-acquisition of D-Fish, 1.5X better than Smush
- Jordan Farmar getting better
- Bynum getting better
- Kobe getting smarter, more willing to pass
- Cook, Evans for Ariza
- Vlad Rad for Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown
- Gasol's actually been playing pretty tough lately

First it began with Fish coming back and getting rid of Smush.

Then, draft picks Jordan Farmar, Sasha V, Ronny Turiaf and Andrew Bynum worked hard and started to play better.

Kobe and Odom were who they were.

We traded a couple blah players for Ariza

We played middle of the West ball, did pretty good, and then landed Pau Gasol which really solidified the roster 1-10.

We lost Turiaf which hurt, but Josh Powell was signed, and has done a nice job filling that role

We later moved Vlad for Shannon Brown (+ Morrison who has yet to make an impact)

This has allowed us to reach the finals the past two years, and should we be able to re-sign Odom and/or Ariza, should give us a 3-4 year window to make somethings happen.

lmao at people trying to think of all these elaborate scenarios and reasons why they turned it around ... bottom line, the league/"insiders" made paugasol happen ... end of thought process ...

I was so surprised by the progress of guys like Farmar, the Machine, Ariza, etc. Even Shannon Brown. It seems like anyone who comes to LA gets better.That's the effect of having Phil, Kobe, Gasol...everyone can just fit in around them.

Laker fans that remember, what was worst to you?

The Sedale Threatt years or The Smush/Kwame/Cook years.

Smush/Kwame/Cook!!!

HANDS DOWN, MAN!!!

Sedale played on the tail end of the Showtime Lakers, with Worthy and A.C. and Scott, and he was the connecting piece between them and Vlade, Elden, Nick, andEddie.

I liked Sedale. Did you not? He was so raw.

^ I mean... it really is 'literally' hands down.

Look, 2 of the 3 have... their hands... down:

610x.jpg

Just saying.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

I was so surprised by the progress of guys like Farmar, the Machine, Ariza, etc. Even Shannon Brown. It seems like anyone who comes to LA gets better. That's the effect of having Phil, Kobe, Gasol...everyone can just fit in around them.
fixed

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I mean... it really is 'literally' hands down.

Look, 2 of the 3 have... their hands... down:

610x.jpg

Just saying.
laugh.gif
funny thing is i was thinking about their defense...and iwouldnt call that hands up with kwame there
sick.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

What's going to happen if the Lakers lose Odom and possibly Ariza?

I expect the Lakers to keep Ariza since he's young, athletic, can defend, shoot the three and is from LA.

Odom on the other hand, I'm not so sure. He's said he's willing to take a pay cut to remain in LA but who knows.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Laker fans that remember, what was worst to you?

The Sedale Threatt years or The Smush/Kwame/Cook years.

Maaaaan.

tired.gif

Damn.

A LOT of people don't get it, or care, or remember but Threat was going to help us get that title back in 92. Phil downright pulled Dunleavy's pantsdown by putting Scottie on Magic in the finals. Flat out killed us with that move.

But the Laker MO the entire decade of the 80's was picking up that key peice to get them back over the hump, ie Mychal Thompson givin us a little morebackup for Kareem.

Threat was going to come in, and be able to handle the ball with Magic still on the floor to do his other things if we were to face the Bulls again. It wouldabeen perfect for that team. But then the announcment, and Threat was our PG full time now.
tired.gif

Finals 9 times in like 11 or 12 years ain't no joke. We were comin back with Vlade a year wiser, Threat a new ball handler/scoring weapon, another yearfor big Sam to be on the team, Scott and Worthy and Green still there stable as always, Magic as the leader..........we were deep. We coulda came back andgiven it to Mike.
smh.gif

Clearly, Smush/Kwame/Cook was worse then a real good player in Threat. He was a bad dude.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

What's going to happen if the Lakers lose Odom and possibly Ariza?

I expect the Lakers to keep Ariza since he's young, athletic, can defend, shoot the three and is from LA.

Odom on the other hand, I'm not so sure. He's said he's willing to take a pay cut to remain in LA but who knows.

IMO Odom HAS to stay.

Here's why, if Bynum and Gasol are playing, we're great. Bynum + Pau + Ariza and then of course Kobe = we're tough.

But, what always happens? Injury. So take either Bynum or Gasol out, and what do you have? Gasol + Ariza + Kobe = good, but no guarantee to get to thefinals.

Odom gives us the coverage to absorb an injury for an extended period of time. See lineup of Gasol + Odom + Kobe getting to the finals last year without BynumOR Ariza.

Obvioulsy, Ariza being younger is a factor, but we will need a very very good backup big man to cover if/when Bynum or Gasol go down.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Smush/Kwame/Cook!!!

HANDS DOWN, MAN!!!

Sedale played on the tail end of the Showtime Lakers, with Worthy and A.C. and Scott, and he was the connecting piece between them and Vlade, Elden, Nick, and Eddie.

I liked Sedale. Did you not? He was so raw.
No hate against Sedale, I liked him too.

Just curious as to what you guys would see was worse in regards to our down seasons. Which was like 2?
laugh.gif

I'm rollin' with Smush and scrubs as the worst also.

cook/evans for ariza
kwame/crittenton/gasol and couple picks for gasol
smush parker for lamar odom's candy stash

work of a genius!...got rid of 3 of the biggest bums with minimum loss for an all star and a good role player

- The trades made by Mitch were the right trades.
Gasol trade
BCook For Ariza
Vlad for Chris Brown

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

610x.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- To everyone that saw this pic please scroll down[/color]

11159w9.gif

Back
Top Bottom