Someone please help me with facts about an old shoe

I want to know the release date and original price of the original VC Shox 1. 

I've searched online and can't find it.

My dream is that someone happens to have an Eastbay page from 2002 with VC Shox 1

Thanks in advance

i am a huge fan of this shoe. i have several DS pairs, but i didn't keep any of my receipts to show the release date. i know the original price was $160 for the mids.

i remember when they were being clearanced at the Nike Outlet for $39. i bought 8 pairs. this will always be my favorite Nike Basketball shoe.

i'll see if i can find the release date.

Last edited:
As per Kicksology's old review, the release date was February 9. 2002. Which was the All Star weekend that year. I am guessing it either released during All Star weekend or it was debuted at the All Star weekend and released shortly after. And as osubass1 said, the retail price was $160.

//edit

As per this article, they were sold in Philadelphia during All Star weekend, but had a nationwide release in March. That's probably why Kicksology has February 9th as the release date.

http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/2002/0213/1331639.html

Last edited:
Vince didn't play in the all star game that year due to injury, but the version with the red upper did release that weekend.

thanks for the great info!

the black upper released the following month, i think.

Thanks for the info guys. This (http://sneakernews.com/2012/10/08/classics-revisited-nike-shox-vc-2002/) says they released Christmas 2001. 

I would appreciate any more info or stories anyone has about these.

Personally, I remember finding them at a Nike Outlet not too long after release (kids' sizes, I was in 3rd grade).

One of the best days of my life. I wanted this shoe more than anything, but my mom wasn't paying retail. She knew she couldn't say no to me for $40 though at the outlet. 

After doing some research on Getty Images, I feel like a nationwide release in March makes sense.

The earliest I saw him wearing VC Shox was February 2nd. 

Before then, he only wore BB4. Christmas included.

He went back to the BB4 for most of February. Then for most of March it was the VC Shox, although he did go back to BB4 a bit. His last game of the year was March 19, 2002. 

He started the 2002-2003 season in VC Shox II. 

Back
Top Bottom