Someone school on the "Black Card"

Its just an american express card that entitles you to great benefits, mainly for travel... you get to use their private wifi rooms, when you shop at gucci you get a personal assistant.. its about 2gs annual fee

right now I have the Platinum from AE, and its 450 annual fee.
and yea, just about all my business partners have one

go to a restaurant... hand in your black card and the waitress' eyes will start glowing 
laugh.gif

Its just an american express card that entitles you to great benefits, mainly for travel... you get to use their private wifi rooms, when you shop at gucci you get a personal assistant.. its about 2gs annual fee

right now I have the Platinum from AE, and its 450 annual fee.
and yea, just about all my business partners have one

go to a restaurant... hand in your black card and the waitress' eyes will start glowing 
laugh.gif

• [h2]Step 1: Learn about the AmEx Black Card[/h2]
    • According to Snopes.com, the AmEx Black Card began as an urban myth: specifically, as a rumor that American Express provided a secret "black card" to the elite and powerful. "It wasn't true, but we decided to capitalize on the idea anyway," according to AmEx Europe director Doug Smith.[sup]1 [/sup]Thus, the company released the Centurion Card in 1999. Here is some general information about the card:
    1. It's a charge card. Your balance, however large, needs to be paid back at the end of each month.
    2. It comes with a variety of services and perks that are unusual for a credit card.
    3. It's officially called the Centurion Card.[sup]2[/sup]
    4. It's black.
    5. The card is made out of titanium, not plastic.[sup]3[/sup]
    6. Though you don't have to be a tycoon or head of state to get one, you do need to have access to a good deal of money.
    7. It's American Express' most exclusive card, and was once only available by personal invitation from American Express.[sup]2[/sup]
      • NOTE: First-hand accounts indicate that, beginning in 2006, you can now call American Express and request to be upgraded to a Black Card.[sup]4 [/sup]Centurion Cards for business use are also often available through specific company networks.[sup]5 [/sup]Invitation-only or not, you'll still be required to meet the basic eligibility requirements, outlined in the next section.

• http://[h2]Step 2: Determine if You Qualify for an AmEX Black Card[/h2]
    • In the good old days of usury and loan-sharking, the only collateral you'd need for a loan might be your fingers, or your life itself. Things are more complicated in the 21st Century: you sometimes need a salary and marginally decent credit history just to get a card with a spending limit of $7,000. So, what kinds of qualifications will you need for a Centurion Card?
    1. High credit rating
      • If your life circumstances or sense of responsibility have caused blemishes on your recent credit history, this card may be out of your reach.[sup]6 [/sup]At least until you fix your credit rating, anyway.
    2. Have a Platinum Card
      • You need to already hold an American Express Platinum, if you want to apply for a Centurion.
    3. Extravagant spending habits
    4. Significant Assets
      • These might include, oh, say, a house, or savings that exceed your current credit card spending limit. A company or an island might help as well.

• http://[h2]Step 3: Establish if You Can Afford the American Express Black Card[/h2]
    • Let's imagine that there were no minimum requirements for a Centurion Card. Any old Tom, **** or Harry (with amazing credit) could just call up American Express, and get themselves a hot new status symbol. To maintain the exclusivity, American Express levies some pretty hefty service fees for those who hold a Black Card:
    1. For the privilege of opening a Centurion account, you will pay a one-time fee of $5,000.
    2. To keep your account, you'll pay an annual fee of $2,500.[sup]4[/sup]
    • Make sure to consider the finances of getting a Black Card, and if the mere symbolism is worth the cost in your particular circumstances. For example, If you travel constantly and have a lot of money (or an extremely flexible company expense account), these fees may be offset by the savings you accrue from the Black Card's perks.[sup]5 [/sup]But if not, you will be paying thousands of dollars per year strictly for the benefit of being able to impress your friends and/or rivals (which may be worth the cost in and of itself, depending on who you are).

'Oh my god, is that a black card?'  I turned around and replied, "Why yes but I prefer the term African American Express"

pimp.gif

you get benefits, you have to have a certain income, you have to use atleast 250 grand a year, etc.
basically, you need to be a baller

'Oh my god, is that a black card?'  I turned around and replied, "Why yes but I prefer the term African American Express"

pimp.gif

you get benefits, you have to have a certain income, you have to use atleast 250 grand a year, etc.
basically, you need to be a baller

• [h2]Step 1: Learn about the AmEx Black Card[/h2]
    • According to Snopes.com, the AmEx Black Card began as an urban myth: specifically, as a rumor that American Express provided a secret "black card" to the elite and powerful. "It wasn't true, but we decided to capitalize on the idea anyway," according to AmEx Europe director Doug Smith.[sup]1 [/sup]Thus, the company released the Centurion Card in 1999. Here is some general information about the card:
    1. It's a charge card. Your balance, however large, needs to be paid back at the end of each month.
    2. It comes with a variety of services and perks that are unusual for a credit card.
    3. It's officially called the Centurion Card.[sup]2[/sup]
    4. It's black.
    5. The card is made out of titanium, not plastic.[sup]3[/sup]
    6. Though you don't have to be a tycoon or head of state to get one, you do need to have access to a good deal of money.
    7. It's American Express' most exclusive card, and was once only available by personal invitation from American Express.[sup]2[/sup]
      • NOTE: First-hand accounts indicate that, beginning in 2006, you can now call American Express and request to be upgraded to a Black Card.[sup]4 [/sup]Centurion Cards for business use are also often available through specific company networks.[sup]5 [/sup]Invitation-only or not, you'll still be required to meet the basic eligibility requirements, outlined in the next section.

• http://[h2]Step 2: Determine if You Qualify for an AmEX Black Card[/h2]
    • In the good old days of usury and loan-sharking, the only collateral you'd need for a loan might be your fingers, or your life itself. Things are more complicated in the 21st Century: you sometimes need a salary and marginally decent credit history just to get a card with a spending limit of $7,000. So, what kinds of qualifications will you need for a Centurion Card?
    1. High credit rating
      • If your life circumstances or sense of responsibility have caused blemishes on your recent credit history, this card may be out of your reach.[sup]6 [/sup]At least until you fix your credit rating, anyway.
    2. Have a Platinum Card
      • You need to already hold an American Express Platinum, if you want to apply for a Centurion.
    3. Extravagant spending habits
    4. Significant Assets
      • These might include, oh, say, a house, or savings that exceed your current credit card spending limit. A company or an island might help as well.

• http://[h2]Step 3: Establish if You Can Afford the American Express Black Card[/h2]
    • Let's imagine that there were no minimum requirements for a Centurion Card. Any old Tom, **** or Harry (with amazing credit) could just call up American Express, and get themselves a hot new status symbol. To maintain the exclusivity, American Express levies some pretty hefty service fees for those who hold a Black Card:
    1. For the privilege of opening a Centurion account, you will pay a one-time fee of $5,000.
    2. To keep your account, you'll pay an annual fee of $2,500.[sup]4[/sup]
    • Make sure to consider the finances of getting a Black Card, and if the mere symbolism is worth the cost in your particular circumstances. For example, If you travel constantly and have a lot of money (or an extremely flexible company expense account), these fees may be offset by the savings you accrue from the Black Card's perks.[sup]5 [/sup]But if not, you will be paying thousands of dollars per year strictly for the benefit of being able to impress your friends and/or rivals (which may be worth the cost in and of itself, depending on who you are).

I've seen like 2 or 3 people use them to pay for stuff where i work. Its made out of metal too. That's all I know

I've seen like 2 or 3 people use them to pay for stuff where i work. Its made out of metal too. That's all I know

my mom got offered one but she passed because she didnt need it. my mom has paid off 2 cars completely, owns a house, and makes about 100k a year so yeah. shes not ballin but she has extraordinary credit

Back
Top Bottom