Something Isn't right about Kendrick Johnson Death....................

January 10th started off as any other day in the Johnson home.

Kendrick arrived at his Lowndes High School with other students, ready to mark the day with knowledge, flirting, and fun…

But at some point during the third and fourth block, Kendrick somehow disappeared.

Apparently no one noticed that Kendrick was missing for the rest of the day.

No teacher.

No student.

Lowndes High School, in Valdosta, Georgia
Because no one noticed Kendrick’s absence until his father became worried that his child hadn’t returned home.

Kendrick’s father, Kenneth Johnson reported him missing to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department that evening.

On Friday morning, Jan. 11, janitors at Lowndes High School found Kendrick…

He was upside down in the mat and is believed to have passed out due to the blood flow to his head for an extended period of time, which could ultimately lead to a stroke or heart failure, the report says.

Kendrick ‘KJ’ Johnson
Officers say that during the investigation, they learned that Kendrick Johnson went into the gymnasium and appears to have climbed on top of the mats which were standing upright. At some point Kendrick Johnson either reached into the center of one of the rolled mats or fell into the center opening of the mat and became lodged. Investigators found no signs of a struggle having taken place. Investigators with the Sheriff’s Office have and will continue to interview students and friends who may be able to provide information.

This is where the family of Kendrick says that things take a turn.

Kenneth Johnson, a local television news station that he believes his son was murdered.

“I want to express how did my son go missing during school hours in broad daylight? We know our son was murdered while he was at Lowndes High School. We do know that,” Johnson told WALB.

In Johnson’s case, the medical examiner’s office is also running toxicology tests, which can take weeks to complete, before determining the exact cause of death. The sheriff said he does not expect to see a full report on the cause of death for at least a month.

Student athlete, KJ Johnson.
Anastasia Roe, the teen’s aunt, said her nephew was a good student who ran track and played football. She said he was the life of the party, but reserved when he met new people.

She said information that the family received from the school and the sheriff’s office about how the teen was found was inconsistent, and that lead to some in the community to ask questions.

“First we heard he was on the floor near the mat, then we hear he was wrapped in the mat,” she said. “It’s suspicious.”

Authorities began their investigation as Lowndes High students texted and posted on Facebook regarding the death. For a period, no one could enter or leave Lowndes High. Numerous parents arrived to pick up their children. Classes continued throughout Friday and parents were eventually allowed inside to pick up their children.

Sheriff’s and GBI investigators initially worked the scene as a suspected homicide. The sheriff’s office and Lowndes County School System issued a statement of suspecting no foul play by Friday night.

Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine asks that anyone with information about this, or any other incident contact the Sheriff’s Office, (229) 671-2950; or on line at http://www.lowndessheriff.com. Anonymous tips can be left at (229) 671-2985.

:x need more info about this but something doesn't feel right about this story

Yeah something isn't right.   The story makes no sense.  How do you not know he's missing when every period or different class you go to the teacher marks the people late and absent?

I wonder how many other African Americans attend this school? I have a feeling that it's some racist **** and the klan or something was involved and its all one big cover up.  Why does his face look like Emmett Till if their was no foul play involved? Your face doesn't blow up like that for only being dead for a few hours.  smh I hope the FBI gets involved like they did with the Trayvon Martin case.  You can't trust these little hick towns down south.

Man that pic looks like some straight up emmitt till ish...my man was murdered no doubt...r.i.p.
Edit:sorry didnt see post on top of me
Wish my people could stop killing each other and hating each other and start to come together especially in cases like this, black men are losing out here and how do you start a revolution to change the mindset that we are more then rappers,athletes, how many more do we have to lose to ish like this, just makes me furious that people think we live in a post racial society when dudes are getting murked for skittles and tea, handcuffed and shot waiting for the Bart, killed by three white teens in a truck, rammed until his leg came off, I may be jumping to conclusions but that man was murked in a very heinous way...my body just doesn't feel like this is just a regular death

Last edited:
I wonder if he was into drugs or any other illegal activity or had enemies. I highly doubt a high school student fell into some mats.

R.I.P. Kendrick...

No way this wasn't murder, this HAD to be some kind of racist attack. Unbelievable. :smh:

This doesn't just happen.

So none of his teachers checked his attendance from earlier classes to see if he was in school?

Wow. That's absolutely disgusting. They need to collect all the roll calls from every class and see who went missing the same period he did. IF they're not forged.

Man how does his face look like that from just falling into some mats, not even possible

So none of his teachers checked his attendance from earlier classes to see if he was in school?
Wow. That's absolutely disgusting. They need to collect all the roll calls from every class and see who went missing the same period he did. IF they're not forged.
I agree.  That's why I think the school had something to do with his murder.  it's some klan type **** with even the local police in on it. smh

I remember hearing about this when it first happened. It sounded like HS antics gone wrong at first, but if dude's family believes foul play was involved then it should definitely be further investigated. :smh:

OP can you link to the original article?

Last edited:
Yeah something isn't right.   The story makes no sense.  How do you not know he's missing when every period or different class you go to the teacher marks the people late and absent?

People skip school periods all the time. The teachers aren't going to call one time just because you are absent. Story does sound fishy. I wanna' see a diagram of how these mats were lookin' and how he was found. I don't know where ya'll are getting all these KKK conspiracy theories from, but it does look like the police department was being sneaky about something:

http://www.examiner.com/article/low...t-initially-notified-kendrick-johnson-s-death

Last edited:
People skip school periods all the time. The teachers aren't going to call one time just because you are absent. Story does sound fishy. I wanna' see a diagram of how these mats were lookin' and how he was found. I don't know where ya'll are getting all these KKK conspiracy theories from, but it does look like the police department was being sneaky about something:

http://www.examiner.com/article/low...t-initially-notified-kendrick-johnson-s-death
The only reason why I say the klan has to be involved is because dudes face shouldn't look like that from only being dead for a few hours.  The school and the police say he  wasn't murdered.  For that many people to be covering something up it has to be big.  **** like this happens all the time in the South where the klan will have some African American killed and the police just turn the the other cheek to it and act like nothing happened. smh Somethings not right.  The local police wasn't gonna charge George Zimmerman in Florida either until the Feds stepped in.   Racism is going on all over but it's a lot worse in the south.

it looks like they beat him and placed him in the mats, how does an athletic dude like that get stuck in some damn wrestling mats.

The only reason why I say the klan has to be involved is because dudes face shouldn't look like that from only being dead for a few hours.  The school and the police say he  wasn't murdered.  For that many people to be covering something up it has to be big.  **** like this happens all the time in the South where the klan will have some African American killed and the police just turn the the other cheek to it and act like nothing happened. smh Somethings not right.  The local police wasn't gonna charge George Zimmerman in Florida either until the Feds stepped in.   Racism is going on all over but it's a lot worse in the south.

I'm with you on the Zimmerman issue, that was a racially motivated murder of a black man by a black/white/latino man,but I've never seen any autopsy pics of someone who died from being upside down for too long. Do you have some that you could post? As far as the "klan" killing people all the time in the South and covering it up, I don't know how those stats could be proven or where you are getting that from. You think that the KKK broke into the school and beat this kid to death, then the police came in and covered it up? I don't see any evidence of that whatsoever, we could just as easily say that Aliens came and killed him. The coroner issue is what seems funny to me. Why would they wait to contact the coroner? That is the only piece of info that leads me to believe that the police may have been up to something.

If thats how they found him in the pic, he was jumped, beaten and then stuffed/rolled in the mats to hide his body. If no one heard him screaming he was either knocked unconscious or no one was paying attention. The latter is hard to believe, mainly because its hard to believe that they don't have gym after 3rd period.

There's no PE/Weightlifting/Conditioning/any type of activity in the gym after 3/4 block? The kids don't eat lunch in the gym?

I think he died before he was placed into those mats.

Back
Top Bottom