Something I've always wondered, vol. Love is a new pair every game?

Most NBA players seem to wear a new pair of kicks every single game, right? But how the hell is this possible/a good idea when some bball shoes take a week ofwear to break in? I can't even imagine playing a pickup game in some out the box shoes, let alone an all out NBA game.

Thoughts?

Most don't wear a new pair - MJ was fairly unique in that case. Maybe a few guys doing it now - but not a significant number.

I have wondered about that too though - my sneakers always feel better after a few wears.

Maybe the wear on them in a NBA game makes that happen sooner though. Maybe having your ankles taped makes it less necessary.

I don't really know though - would be interested to hear what others have to say.

i think the shoes are molded to the shoes

^^ dident u used to be called kdwallace or something like that

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

They get custom fitted, don't they? Makes them a lot more wearable right off the bat.

What about guys that don't have shoe deals?

I'm sure they've got a couple pairs that they break in during training camp..

alot of guys will wear the shoes in practice a couple times before breaking them out in a game. shoes dont tend to get trashed when you break them in by doingsome light work indoors.

I dont know about basketball but I know football players do unless their one of those superstitious types. Last year during training camp we'd have Fed-Exunloading the truck with like 20+ boxes and multiple of them are addressed to the same player.

I doubt it. Players are superstitious . If a pair of shoes fit them well and help them perform well , i think they will continue wearing it until it for atleast 10-15 games and then switch to a brand new pair

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

I dont know about basketball but I know football players do unless their one of those superstitious types. Last year during training camp we'd have Fed-Ex unloading the truck with like 20+ boxes and multiple of them are addressed to the same player.
Yeah, but they play a lot less games and there is probably more wear on those shoes. Most basketball players will play at least a few games ineach pair.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I doubt it. Players are superstitious . If a pair of shoes fit them well and help them perform well , i think they will continue wearing it until it for at least 10-15 games and then switch to a brand new pair
I doubt a pair would last an NBA player 10 games. There's just too much wear and tear in the pros so the shoes would prolly bust out in 5-7games.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I doubt it. Players are superstitious . If a pair of shoes fit them well and help them perform well , i think they will continue wearing it until it for at least 10-15 games and then switch to a brand new pair
I doubt a pair would last an NBA player 10 games. There's just too much wear and tear in the pros so the shoes would prolly bust out in 5-7 games.
wear and tear?
roll.gif
these dudes don't play serious defenseuntil the last 2 minutes of a close game... half the dudes on the bench don't do anything but stand up for timeouts. I think you guys give NBA players toomuch credit sometimes... maybe in practices and offseason workouts they bust their #%**%, not in the games i'm watching though..

Some might just get it a size bigger or something ?
It's be cool to bet a new pair every single game though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Gameover2

I doubt a pair would last an NBA player 10 games. There's just too much wear and tear in the pros so the shoes would prolly bust out in 5-7 games.
Son what the hell are you talking about?
laugh.gif

Half these players wear Hyperdunks which would last a whole season and more if they wanted them too.

The reason they use a fresh pair so often is many players have custom fitted shoes and they break them in during practice, so it's not that big a deal.

I tried to wear some XII yesterday and my ankle hurt....I put my XIV that had since 05-06 that been my hooping shoes....and I cant picture myself hooping inany other shoes.

I wear a pair in practice, then for like 3 games...same routine pretty much...went through 9 pairs this past season

Most d1 cats do this, but I know Harden switched every game, couldnt afford shoes when he was younger so he loves doin it

It depends on the kicks too.
Dwade went through like a pair every game, sometimes 2.

Mac was like a pair every 3.

and VC had like 6 pair on deck and rotated, since they were shox. said they lasted him about 3 months.

D1 players get like 6+ pairs right? and have practice and game shoes. im guessing top tier get more than 6

I read in a article that d-wade was talking about how he wears two pairs of shoes each game. said he switches them up at halftime because he said that he wouldsweat so much to the point where his shoes would be a lil too soaked for his comfort

and its pretty well known that MJ wore a fresh pair of kicks every game.guys like these two (and most likely Lebron and others that have their own sig shoestoo) do this because they are wearing their signature shoes, so the shoes are personalized and already molded to their feet. so the shoes are already"broken in" in a sense to their feet for comfort.

Back
Top Bottom