[--- Song Of The Year (2009) ---]

So the year is coming to a close. Who gets the song of the year for 2009?

This gets my vote
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Successful

Despite being a fan, I don't know one college student that didn't use this as a theme for their success this year.

ehh i was gonna make a thread about it but cant find a cdq on youtube, so heres a sick live version of the best song of the year, from the best band in theworld

and yes i know the song was around pre-2009, but it was on a 2009 album and I feel ok saying the recording on the album is a borderline perfect song.

Neighborhood nailed it, that Assassin track is so dope. "Little did I know she was an assassin too....."

lets make sure we do this right dont just pick ya personal fav....ive been tryin to think of what the song of this year was...

its kinda of hard 08, had a clear cut song with Coldplay's Viva la Vida

i dont think this year has "that" song....i dunno

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Neighborhood nailed it, that Assassin track is so dope. "Little did I know she was an assassin too....."

I was a killer, was the best they'd ever seen
I'd steal your heart before you ever heard a thing
I'm an assassin and I had a job to do
Little did I know that girl was an assassin too

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

It does

It's by an artist named The-Dream and it's titled "Fancy"
It's also posted at the top of the thread for your convenience

Now you know, your welcome.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Successful

Despite being a fan, I don't know one college student that didn't use this as a theme for their success this year.

Bit of a stretch dontchya think?
laugh.gif
I love the song but personally Idon't need a song to tell me I wanna be successful. Hell, half the engineering department at my school has prolly never even heard the song
laugh.gif

But for me, I'm gonna gave to go with Thrill by Wiz Khalifa. IDK why but I can just listen to that song non stop

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

lets make sure we do this right dont just pick ya personal fav....ive been tryin to think of what the song of this year was...

its kinda of hard 08, had a clear cut song with Coldplay's Viva la Vida

i'd have to disagree with clear cut...you could easily make a case for Lollipop or A Milli last year...

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Successful

Bit of a stretch dontchya think?
laugh.gif
I love the song but personally I don't need a song to tell me I wanna be successful. Hell, half the engineering department at my school has prolly never even heard the song
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have to go with Fancy too. I will be listening to that song for a long time

How is it not I Gotta Feeling?

I'm not saying it was the BEST song, but if I had to pick a Song of The Year that was just EVERYWHERE, it would definitely be that. I was in Europe thelast few months, maybe it was bigger over there than it was over here?

Hip Hop wise Id say Best I Ever had in terms of radio play, buzz, and sales. Overall its prolly Poker Face or I Gotta Feeling..None of which are my personalfaves for the year though.

Back
Top Bottom