Sony Vaio S series..Good Laptop?

My dell studio xps13 is a POS and im planning on replacing it once I return to school this semester. I was considering a macbook pro but I dont think I will purchase one until they release one with a hdmi port. Upon browsing I found the Vaio S-series which had everything Ive been looking for hardware wise (compact,hdmi,illuminated keyboard). Does anyone here have any experience with this laptop and is there any problems I should look out for with this model?

they're alright

hell noo to toshiba tho
eek.gif
roll.gif
  Those tend to break down more easily. I should know since my sister and a friend had problems with them.

idk I'd go with Asus or something else. My sister owns a Vaio (I think it's an S series) and after two years its starting to run slow.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

I was considering a macbook pro but I dont think I will purchase one until they release one with a hdmi port.

Well sorry to bust your bubble Apple will never out a HDMI port in their line of laptops, they have their own port which is called "DISPLAY PORT" and currently its same kind of idea of what HDMI can do (carry 1080p picture and a digital sound) you can get display port adapter that has a HDMI female port and use a HDMI cable. You can keep waiting Apple is never gonna bring HDMI to their laptops.

Macbook> *
get chu one!

I wouldn't get another Vaio Laptop.

I bought mine about a year ago. Like a week or two ago, I started loading music from old CD's onto the laptop. By the fourth CD, the hardwire started making a really loud noise.

I'm out of warranty too.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

I was considering a macbook pro but I dont think I will purchase one until they release one with a hdmi port.

Well sorry to bust your bubble Apple will never out a HDMI port in their line of laptops, they have their own port which is called "DISPLAY PORT" and currently its same kind of idea of what HDMI can do (carry 1080p picture and a digital sound) you can get display port adapter that has a HDMI female port and use a HDMI cable. You can keep waiting Apple is never gonna bring HDMI to their laptops.

Macbook> *
get chu one!

they're never getting blu ray either right? 

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Macbook> *

get chu one!

they're never getting blu ray either right? 

Apple is trying to get rid of Physical disk "CD"S blu-ray is not even a option/list.

I recommend it. I currently use a Sony FW Series and have owned an S160 (model number may be off) and a T250. Only reason I change is because I wanted better hardware and I exchange laptops pretty often. That and screen size differences.
IMO, of the current crop of Sony laptops, the S Series is probably the third best behind the Z and F Series.

BTW, only reason I would pick a MacBook Pro is the battery life. Then again they do use ULV processors. I never knew that until I looked at Intel's ark website, but it's there, I believe the SB i3's pull about 10-15w.

Just wanted to say that the Display Port is not an Apple invention or an Apple standard.  It is a VESA standard which will eventually replace DVI and it can transmit both audio and video. 

Just wanted to clear that up.

On Topic: I'm the type that will never pay a premium for a laptop.  They aren't upgradeable and the price vs performance is just not there.  I have a dirt cheap Toshiba laptop that is running as smooth as when I bought it 2 years ago and I have a huge desktop that I built for all of my real work.

Back
Top Bottom