Soooo is Toyota...

billy hoyle

Banned
gonna go bankrupt? another dude almost died the other day from his car accelerating and it wouldnt stop. i think they are done for unless someone knows something i dont.

roll.gif
@ the question

i coulda sworn i heard that they couldnt even fix the problem, thats why i asked. if they could fix the problem then obviously nothing is gonna happen to them.

Originally Posted by gumbottombandit

i doubt it. cigarettes have been killing people for over a hundred years and that business is still going.

Incredibly bad parallel. I don't even know what to say if you think the situations are remotely similar. 

i doubt it. cigarettes have been killing people for over a hundred years and that business is still going.
yea but they tell you it can kill you before you buy them, so basically they are doing no wrong if they tell you before hand.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

yea but they tell you it can kill you before you buy them, so basically they are doing no wrong if they tell you before hand.
grin.gif

Toyota is ranked like number 7 on Fortune 500 list.

I'm just curious... If ur accelerator sticks, can u just switch the gears to neutral? Would that prevent the car from accelerating more?

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Toyota is ranked like number 7 on Fortune 500 richest companies. I think they could buy back all their cars for full retail and still be richer than most car companies...

I'm just curious... If ur accelerator sticks, can u just switch the gears to neutral? Would that prevent the car from accelerating more?
What you would do is turn on your hazards, flip the transmission into neutral, and pull on the e-brake. But damn if you're going 90mph like some of the reports have been saying
eek.gif
....good luck
laugh.gif

Toyota is currently rated Aa1 by Moody’s Corp., AA by Standard & Poor’s, and AAA by Japan’s Rating and Investment Information Inc...

However...

"the cost of protecting the company's bonds against default has risen. The price on five-year credit default swaps linked to Toyota’s debt widened by about 40 basis points between Jan. 15 and Feb. 9, as the world’s biggest automaker expanded its recall in the U.S., according to data compiled by CMA DataVision."

Back
Top Bottom