Soooo Why Do Couples Say "I Love You" Everytime there Absent....

from there spouse for the time being? Like is it really necessary to say "I Love You" every time U break apart to go dowhatever....Like I hear people say it all the time and it just seems routine like a period at the end of a sentence. I think people do it unconsciously w/oeven knowing they're doin' it...It seems like it would lose its lust after saying it over-and-over...People put too much meaning into words anyway butI suppose its done out of a mutual understanding that only the two in the relationship understand...It was just a though but what do yall think???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

havent said it yet

except to like my fam, or tellin someone you got love FOR them

the day will come though... probably

i have a fear of randomly dying. it'd be nice to leave her with those words. that's my rationale.

My folks rarely say it to each other. They've been together so long there is no need to prove their love to each other.

It's crucial for new couples who plan to spend their lives together.

never know if it's the last thing i'll get to say to her.. since that's the case, why not?

Dealing with YNL?

Your Not Loving?
ohwell.gif

It only gets routine if the people saying it, mean it. What if something
happened to you, or your loved one, and you didn't get a chance to express yourself?

Heh.

I always say it to my girl. My fam too.

Never know what might happen between then, and the time you think you'll see that person again...

Originally Posted by ikari XD

i have a fear of randomly dying. it'd be nice to leave her with those words. that's my rationale.
Me too .

It's necessary to say it if we're getting off the phone , or if we're about to part from each other .

It's like ... if something happens to either one of us , we can know that was the last words we heard .

I'm scared of random deaths .

We say it like every couple of minutes though , without even knowing ... it's just natural now .

Seems like the last 5 people that posted do it out of "Fear"...."Fear" that U may not see them again & Uwant that to be the last thing that was said between the two of U, ok I get it (thats corny as hell, but I get it)...but shouldn't that already beunderstood that U "Love" them...why does it have to be said again and again....I think U guys are conditioned into being that way w/o even knowing itand now it just seems like the norm, when actually it's a lil bit obsessive!!!

Originally Posted by KUPRELLI

Seems like the last 5 people that posted do it out of fear....Fear that U may not see them again & U want that to be the last thing that was said between the two of U, ok I get it (thats corny, but I get it)...but shouldn't that already be understood that U "Love" them...why does it have to be said again and again....I think U guys are conditioned into being that way w/o even knowing it and now it just seems like the norm, when actually it's a lil bit obsessive!!!

it's obviously understood between the two people, but lets say that someone's significant other dies...it'd be nice for that person to know thatthe last thing they heard from their significant other was "i love you"

I guess because it's nice to hear that somebody is thinking about you, as a parting word.

Like others said - there's always the angle that if something happened to either of you, that would be the last thing you wanted to say to them anyways...but just more generally speaking, it's a warm feeling to really feel loved, so if you feel that way about somebody you should let them know as often aspossible.

you never know if it will be the last time you see that "loved one" so that would be the last thing on there minds something loving

Can you think of a reason NOT to say that to your significant other?

Probably gonna lose some Man-Points for this, but there's some things that are nice to hear over and over.

Seems like the last 5 people that posted do it out of "Fear"...."Fear" that U may not see them again & U want that to be the last thing that was said between the two of U, ok I get it (thats corny as hell, but I get it)...but shouldn't that already be understood that U "Love" them...why does it have to be said again and again....I think U guys are conditioned into being that way w/o even knowing it and now it just seems like the norm, when actually it's a lil bit obsessive!!!
well i say it to my fam all the time. i thankfully got to say it to my grandfather and the next week he passed away
frown.gif
. you just never know when the time may actually come
tired.gif

I thought about this the other day when I went to the mall with my brother and his fiancée. My brother and I separated from her while she went looking forshoes. About 5 minutes later she calls and ask him a question then I hear him say "Alright I love you too" as he hangs up the phone. I'm thinkingto myself we're all in the same place and your about to see her in a matter of minutes so what was the point of that?
laugh.gif

I just can't except that most people do it for the reason stated (because what if its the last time U see them)....Damn thatsso sappy! Like R u people that insecure that u need to be told something over and over again just to make it thru the day....Is the daily reassurrance thatnecessary??? Like really, I realize it's just a simple thing to say, but I'm not a fan of saying things just because it sounds good!

*EDIT* I'm talking about people in relationships, NOT family.

Are you that miserable that you cannot understand why people say I love you? I swear some NTers will die if they can't think of anything to complain about.

*EDIT* I'm talking about people in relationships, NOT family.

whats the difference?
Are you that miserable that you cannot understand why people say I love you? I swear some NTers will die if they can't think of anything to complain about.
QFT...

Back
Top Bottom