Soundscan Top 200 & Digital Songs - Week Ending 6/3

^^^ You must not have MTV Jams. "All I Want" was the jam of the week (playing it once an hour every hour for a week), of course"Magnificant" has been all over & I've seen "Mafia Music" a couple of times on MTV Jams.
But it is a W for Kiss, I bet neither one of them are seeing any real $$$ though

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

[table][tr][td]6[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]ROSS*RICK[/td] [td]DEEPER THAN RAP[/td] [td]13,555[/td] [td]-32[/td] [td]19,825[/td] [td]303,847[/td] [/tr][/table]

LAWWWWWWSE!
roll.gif

How's that a loss? Cats stay giving out L's when the situation doesn't call for it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

People still buy singles?!
eek.gif

Yeah, on iTunes.
Yea what's funny is that I don't think these cats would even be selling this many singles if it wasn't for Itunes. I think the fact that its "Itunes" is why people buy it. Its convenient as hell for lazy consumers too lol.

How is this NOT a loss for Ross? Dude was EVERYWHERE promoting his release. Posted in front of Screwed Up Records and Tapes fronting like he knew Pat and themdoing college promo tours, not to mention all the internet videos and 50 situation, and yet he's only scrummaged to sell 300K. That's only 23+K morethan Jada, who had NO promo whatsoever. This was the album that was supposed to put him over the top, but he blew it. And all this "good by today'sstandards" is null and void. Dude has gone gold with his prior two releases. The L goes to Ross and he only has himself to blame.

[/td] [td]ROSS*RICK[/td] [td]DEEPER THAN RAP[/td] [td]13,555[/td] [td]-32[/td] [td]19,825[/td] [td]303,847[/td] [/tr][/table]

LAWWWWWWSE!
roll.gif

How's that a loss? Cats stay giving out L's when the situation doesn't call for it.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Yeah, on iTunes.
Yea what's funny is that I don't think these cats would even be selling this many singles if it wasn't for Itunes. I think the fact that its "Itunes" is why people buy it. Its convenient as hell for lazy consumers too lol.

How is this NOT a loss for Ross? Dude was EVERYWHERE promoting his release. Posted in front of Screwed Up Records and Tapes fronting like he knew Pat and them doing college promo tours, not to mention all the internet videos and 50 situation, and yet he's only scrummaged to sell 300K. That's only 23+K more than Jada, who had NO promo whatsoever. This was the album that was supposed to put him over the top, but he blew it. And all this "good by today's standards" is null and void. Dude has gone gold with his prior two releases. The L goes to Ross and he only has himself to blame.

Dude may have been "everywhere" but let's not act like this dude had Jay-Z or Jeezy's budget. Def Jam probably spent about the same amount ofmoney pushing this album as they did his two previous ones. Internet videos and college promo's? Do you know what demographic that is? That's theinternet demographic. That's the demographic you don't want to appease to if you're looking for album sales. Ross can't make people buy hisalbum lol. And 23k more? Let's say every album sold costs around 10 dollars? That's $230,000 more dollars than what Jadakiss album made. But thisisn't a knock on Jada. That's the funny thing. Dudes keep bringing up Jada like its some small feat. Like Jada ain't been platinum before. What hedid is solid. Its a great look for him. What Ross is doing is what was to be expected. In 2009 where internet piracy kills album sales they're both sellingsolid and anyone with half a brain shouldn't have expected anything more than a gold album from Ross and he's on his way to that. Beef doesn't sellrecords. That's a misconception we have because of the numbers Fif use to push. Fif pushed those sales because of his music.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by RedMan

[table][tr][td]6[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]52[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]MARKIE*BIZ[/td] [td]JUST A FRIEND[/td] [td]38,263[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]31,713[/td] [td]310,877l
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Funny what a commercial can do for a song. I'm not going to lie the commercial made me want to listen to the song again.
it reintroduces da song to people who ain't know about it.

[table][tr][td]14[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]PITBULL[/td] [td]I KNOW YOU WANT ME (CALLE OCHO[/td] [td]123,311[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]100,817[/td] [td]876,788[/td] [/tr][/table]
son is CAKIN wit da arroz con pollo eaters out there.
pimp.gif

That Pit record is the #8 Pop record in the country. He got snow bunnies going crazy at this point. That's how you get that high on that chart.

I didn't realize that Pitbull song was #3 in the top 100. Damn.

i thought the song was garbage but its played like every 15 minutes in Philly, crazy... but I dont think he even has an album near completion so it might belong fizzled out by the time it rolls around

Dude may have been "everywhere" but let's not act like this dude had Jay-Z or Jeezy's budget. Def Jam probably spent about the same amount of money pushing this album as they did his two previous ones. Internet videos and college promo's? Do you know what demographic that is? That's the internet demographic. That's the demographic you don't want to appease to if you're looking for album sales. Ross can't make people buy his album lol. And 23k more? Let's say every album sold costs around 10 dollars? That's $230,000 more dollars than what Jadakiss album made. But this isn't a knock on Jada. That's the funny thing. Dudes keep bringing up Jada like its some small feat. Like Jada ain't been platinum before. What he did is solid. Its a great look for him. What Ross is doing is what was to be expected. In 2009 where internet piracy kills album sales they're both selling solid and anyone with half a brain shouldn't have expected anything more than a gold album from Ross and he's on his way to that. Beef doesn't sell records. That's a misconception we have because of the numbers Fif use to push. Fif pushed those sales because of his music.

The fact of the matter is this champ, Rick FRAUD isn't Gold and mostly won't go Gold, which is something most of you dudes banked on. Rick FRAUD's "so called" buzz was at an all-time high a few months ago and you dudes were hyping him up here on the boards like he was going toput up big numbers. You dudes supported/probably still support this clown for some unknown reason. Little do you know that your on the Titantic right nowwhich is sinking by the minute, by yet you think the ship is riding along safely, SMH. Also, (and this may not apply to you per say), wasn't there a betmade on here about whether or not Rick FRAUD would go Gold or not?? If so, it might be time for some of you dudes to anti up.

LAWWWWWWSE!
roll.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif

Yeah, on iTunes.

How is this NOT a loss for Ross? Dude was EVERYWHERE promoting his release. Posted in front of Screwed Up Records and Tapes fronting like he knew Pat and them doing college promo tours, not to mention all the internet videos and 50 situation, and yet he's only scrummaged to sell 300K. That's only 23+K more than Jada, who had NO promo whatsoever. This was the album that was supposed to put him over the top, but he blew it. And all this "good by today's standards" is null and void. Dude has gone gold with his prior two releases. The L goes to Ross and he only has himself to blame.

Dude may have been "everywhere" but let's not act like this dude had Jay-Z or Jeezy's budget. Def Jam probably spent about the same amount of money pushing this album as they did his two previous ones. Internet videos and college promo's? Do you know what demographic that is? That's the internet demographic. That's the demographic you don't want to appease to if you're looking for album sales. Ross can't make people buy his album lol. And 23k more? Let's say every album sold costs around 10 dollars? That's $230,000 more dollars than what Jadakiss album made. But this isn't a knock on Jada. That's the funny thing. Dudes keep bringing up Jada like its some small feat. Like Jada ain't been platinum before. What he did is solid. Its a great look for him. What Ross is doing is what was to be expected. In 2009 where internet piracy kills album sales they're both selling solid and anyone with half a brain shouldn't have expected anything more than a gold album from Ross and he's on his way to that. Beef doesn't sell records. That's a misconception we have because of the numbers Fif use to push. Fif pushed those sales because of his music.

Okay, I can kind of see where you're coming from with the demographic aspect. On the other hand, IMO Ross had the same, if not more promotion than Jeezy.And there was an obvious push by Def Jam for DTR. With the whole beef and constant back and forth, they made sure dude stayed in the light. At the end of theday, with his whole CO thing and yapping off at the mouth, it backfired, and it reflects as such in his sales. This was the album that was supposed to push himto plaltinum status and unless he pulls some rabbit-out-the-hat, "ridin dirty" type of single, he will only reach gold like his previous two efforts.And to the comment that beef doesn't sell records; while we can say that, it isn't entirely true, because Ross' music is solid for the most part.He definitely stepped it up more than he's done thus far, so why is he at 300K?

Beyonce stay going platnium...
2483c40a23a3261540f8c9c4b5040891.gif

My fool ross holding kinda steady, He needa sell mo records tho....
grin.gif

GUCCI MANE - 31,088.....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Dawg heavy in tha D game...
smokin.gif
I'll give him prop's ondatt...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The fact of the matter is this champ, Rick FRAUD isn't Gold and mostly won't go Gold, which is something most of you dudes banked on. Rick FRAUD's "so called" buzz was at an all-time high a few months ago and you dudes were hyping him up here on the boards like he was going to put up big numbers. You dudes supported/probably still support this clown for some unknown reason. Little do you know that your on the Titantic right now which is sinking by the minute, by yet you think the ship is riding along safely, SMH. Also, (and this may not apply to you per say), wasn't there a bet made on here about whether or not Rick FRAUD would go Gold or not?? If so, it might be time for some of you dudes to anti up.

laugh.gif
Stop it. Ross will be gold in 3 month's. I'm not rooting forthe guy to do so and i'm not praying for his downfall. He'll get Gold with no problem. And Ross' buzz was heavy. Let's be honest. He's at300k sold. Aside from Em who's done more than that in hip hop this year? And i've never supported Ross. That's where you're misguided. I saiddudes album and music is solid. That's it. You over here wishing for his downfall and I could careless. I don't have any stake in this dudes success ordownfall so why would I wish for either? Fact is there have been over 20 rap releases this year and he's the 2nd highest selling rap artist this year. Sois the ship sinking? Maybe. But is 95% of the game using your logic. And year there was a bet made. He wasn't gonna pay up no way and I don't expecthim too. Ross exceeded expectations by going 150k his first week so he hasn't spoke on him anymore. At 300k he's on his way to being ceritfied gold.Granted its different artists, but last I saw Nelly on the charts he was at what? 200k? Yet, he was certified gold. Or shipped gold for that matter. Ross willget gold bruh. Whether that's a success or not i'll let you decide. I got a feeling though Def Jam might be satisifed with it.

LAWWWWWWSE!
roll.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif

Yeah, on iTunes.

Okay, I can kind of see where you're coming from with the demographic aspect. On the other hand, IMO Ross had the same, if not more promotion than Jeezy. And there was an obvious push by Def Jam for DTR. With the whole beef and constant back and forth, they made sure dude stayed in the light. At the end of the day, with his whole CO thing and yapping off at the mouth, it backfired, and it reflects as such in his sales. This was the album that was supposed to push him to plaltinum status and unless he pulls some rabbit-out-the-hat, "ridin dirty" type of single, he will only reach gold like his previous two efforts. And to the comment that beef doesn't sell records; while we can say that, it isn't entirely true, because Ross' music is solid for the most part. He definitely stepped it up more than he's done thus far, so why is he at 300K?

There was a push by Def Jam I agree. I just don't think it was anymore than his previous albums. Now I will say that Ross himself took more initiative inmarketing himself with the internet videos, interviews and of course the beef but aside from the internet $+!? The promo has been the same as his previousalbums.

Why is he at 300k? Internet piracy is clearly taking its toll on the industry. But let's be honest. Ross ain't this commercial artist. He's notpop. So how many records is expected for a non pop artist who hasn't really appealed to the masses like let's say a TI has or a Ludacris has? How muchexactly was expected? Platinum? He's never gone platinum before so why would he now? He's had some decent hits in Hustlin' but he hasn't had amonster hit on the top 100 charts. So what was expected exactly? Ross is a hood cat who's target audience is the streets. And the difference between Jeezyand Ross is simple. When gets promoted on MTV and BET while the other gets promoted on BET. Jeezy is a lot more mainstream than Ross is. Maybe Def Jam expectsRoss to be mainstream but I can say right now he never will be. He doesn't make that type of music.

Back
Top Bottom