Source: Favre rebuffs Vikings, will stay retired

[h1]Source: Favre rebuffs Vikings, will stay retired[/h1]
By Rick Schwartz, Yahoo! Sports

The Minnesota Vikings will not sign free-agent quarterback Brett Favre(notes), a source close to the team told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

The source said Favre told Vikings coach Brad Childress that he wanted to remain retired in a phone call that took place sometime in the last day. Favre is expected to publicly explain his decision soon.

Favre, who announced his first retirement in March 2008 after spending 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers, decided to resume his career last summer and was traded to the New York Jets in August. After one season in New York, Favre retired again and was subsequently released by the Jets on April 29.

Just days after his release from the Jets, speculation began that the Vikings were interested in bringing in a veteran to compete with Sage Rosenfels(notes), who was acquired this offseason from the Houston Texans. Rosenfels is atop the depth chart heading into training camp, with Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty(notes) also on the roster

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...DubYF?slug=ys-favre050709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

319155437168bbfb07bb87970ec7f71aee6e9c0.gif

i have read 100 different things.

I read one article that says hes anxious to join the vikings, then another that says he told childress he wants to stay retired...MAKE UP YOUR MIND

hmmmm

[table][tr][td]Report: Favre Anxious To Join Vikings[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7th May, 2009 - 10:25 am[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
min_pp.gif
Star Tribune - Brett Favre, according to NFL sources, is agreeable to undergoing a minor procedure in which surgeons complete the cutting of the tendon. The recovery period would be quick, and Favre would be ready to go long before training camp.

Indications are Favre is as anxious to join the Vikings as Childress is to have him running an offense that includes Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson and wide receivers Bernard Berrian and Percy Harvin.

"I try not to get too caught up in it because I don't want to get too overexcited, thinking that he's coming and then all of a sudden he doesn't," Berrian said. "He would be a great addition to the team. He's a great player. He's done so much for the NFL by himself. He definitely would bring leadership to the team.

"He's been in the league for 17, 18 years and to have a player of his caliber come in, it speaks volumes for what he can do for this team.[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/12045/20090507/report_favre_anxious_to_join_vikings/

I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed...but what can you do.

The thing is...we all thought the whole thing was done when he texted Dilfer, "NO"...but then the next day we heard he was meeting with Childress...

Don't be surprised if in July this whole story rises to the surface again.

I wont believe anything until:

a) Favre inks a contract with some team

b) Week 1 of the NFL kicks off, and Favre is not on a team.

Back
Top Bottom