Sources: Arod Was Seeking $350mil from the Yankees

Eff him. I've always been his supporter, but his agent is as cheap and sleazy as it gets and he's only acting on behalf of his client, which leads me to think that they're both a pair of greedy dickwads.
I'm herpes free, if it matters
some girls are bigger than others, some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers
Boycott Perishable Chinese Imports

the way this plays out. i hope nobody even touches him for close to what he was making. that way his price is driven down to less than he was making before. i swear these team owners and gms gotta be talkin to eachother lik "let this guy just tank or hes gonna drive up the market price on everyone"

Quote:
if the Yanks are coming up short by over $100 million, what the hell are any other teams going to do?

word.

Quote:
I am glad the Cubs were not listed there

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Quote:
Seriously, that is a holy ton of money. I'm in disbelief. How could you look someoene in the eye and say, "$280mil? Nah... I'm thinking $350mil"?
:lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

justhotkicks:
To all the A-Rod supporters now, isn't it OBVIOUS that he's all about the money?
Fanatic:
He and his agent both... Lets not pretend Boras is just looking out for A-rod here.. He gets a cut too, so yeah.. the more the better.

The agent reps the athlete, not the other way around.

No athlete has EVER said to an agent, "So how much are you trying to make off me? I just want to know so we can be on the same page."

If A-Rod wants to play for the __________s and he really doesn't care about the money it takes to get him in that team's uniform, Boras wouldn't be doing his job if he made it a money issue.

NOW... if A-Rod wants to play for the __________s and he definitely DOES ccare about getting as much money as he possibly can out of the deal, then Boras is doing his job by making money an issue.

But whether or not money is an issue is up to the ATHLETE, not the agent. At some point in time, Boras reported back to A-Rod and told him about the $280mil, and A-Rod told him to tell the Yankees to go higher, eventually reaching $350mil.

There is absolutely NO WAY the following happened:
Quote:
- Boras: So the Yankees offered $280mil.

- A-Rod: Awesome!! Sounds great! Let's sign!

- Boras: Well, here's the thing. I think you're worth more. I'm going to tell them to go higher.

- A-Rod: Ummm... nah, I'm good. Let's just do the $280mil. I'm not really about the money, like NikeTalk and some sports fans think. I just want to play.

- Boras: I know, I know, I know. But let me just try. How 'bout that? I'll just see if I can get them to go higher.

- A-Rod: O.K., but I really want to be a Yankee, and $280mil is fine with me.

- Boras: O.K., Yankees, we're thinking $350mil.

- Yankees: *pulls out playoff stats* We're thinking $280mil is very generous.

- Boras: Alright A-Rod, they declined the $350mil.

- A-Rod: Oh well. $280mil is good enough. So we're signing the contract tomorrow, right?

- Boras: Not... really. I never agreed to it. I want more money!
mad.gif

C'mon, you and I both know it doesn't happen like that. If the agent is driving the price up, it's because he's doing his job, doing what his client wants him to do.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

lmao arod is going to bring yankee and red sox fans together with one thing they can agree on, their hatred for arod.

For someone who supposedly wants a ring so badly, you'd think he might learn a thing or two from Tim Duncan and maybe take somewhat of a paycut so the team can use that additional money to go out and get some more talent.

Wouldn't it be a good idea for him to take less money knowing that he's putting even more pressure on himself to perform in the postseason when he obviously can't get it done.
NY Nitty Gritty
F.B.G.$​

Every time I look at the S&T forum and see "Arod Was Seeking $350mil", I get extremely angry.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

LOL A-Rod definitely wants to be an owner in the future.. So that he can buy players who can win a ring that he'll never be able to win as a player..

See this is why he is never going to win a championship. His greed is going to get him nowhere in the playoffs. If dude performs in the playoffs, then he is worth 280 mil that the Yanks offered. IMO, no player should be worth near that dollar amount. If I were to pick a player to be worth the max amount, it would be Arod. But 350 is out of this damn world. Dude has got to realize that you have to win in the playoffs to get money like that. He already does amazing things in the regular season, but no team sits down and says "your worth this much because your great in the regular season, and our ultimate goal is to win the regular season". We all know its not damn like that at all.
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.​
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Quote:
C'mon, you and I both know it doesn't happen like that. If the agent is driving the price up, it's because he's doing his job, doing what his client wants him to do.
:\
ohwell.gif
" w/o some sort of discussion. I think it more goes like this

Quote:
- Boras: So the Yankees offered $280mil.

- A-Rod: Awesome!! Sounds great! Let's sign!

- Boras: Well, here's the thing. I think you're worth more. I'm going to tell them to go higher.

-A-Rod: How much more do you think we can get?

- Boras: W/ an MVP season behind you, success in most of your time in NY, considered one of the best player to play, in demand skills, etc.? 350 Mill. Easy.

- A-Rod: If you really think so, then I'm all for it.

- Boras: I'll make the call.

2 Hours Later

- Alex: What did they say?

- Boras: :stoneface:
indifferent.gif

Boras is handling this very poorly. Other Agents in the industry think so, the Yankees think so. It's the agents job to be the Agent (get as much money as possible, negotiate, good contracts etc.), not the player. Why? Because one of them is certified to be doing the job. Hint: It's not Alex.. :lol:
laugh.gif
Team Longhorns

Quote:
Boras is handling this very poorly.

You sure about this? This isn't Boras' 1st rodeo and he has done good by a large % of his clients money wise whether they be worth that or not. I have a strong feeling that Boras knows what he is doing. We are talking about the same guy that got $225 Million for this man.

So basically, he's trying to set his LEGACY as the highest paid player ever in the major leagues, rather than carving his name among the greatest to ever win the World Series....

This why the MLB needs a salary cap.

TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Quote:
You sure about this? This isn't Boras' 1st rodeo and he has done good by a large % of his clients money wise whether they be worth that or not. I have a strong feeling that Boras knows what he is doing. We are talking about the same guy that got $225 Million for this man.
Team Longhorns

The most hilarious part in this (yet again), is not what Boras is pulling right now, not what Alex is doing to his rep, but rather the fact that it looks like some owner is actually going to pay this money for him.

These guys cannot say no. And as the agents know, all it takes is one idiot owner to set the player's worth.

Well at least we (the fan) can look foward to Alex signing a contract of this size or close to it and having it set the market yet again for future players....which in turn sees our tickets, our beers, our soda, our food, and our parking continue to increase at a ridiculous rate to feed these owners' pockets to pay these salaries.
You're the Kind of Girl a Guy Like Me​
Could Hypnotize​

You know why he wants that much? Because he already KNOWS that somebody out there is prepared to offer him that much. He's not stupid and neither is Boras. Somebody is going to give him $350M.
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
Winston Justice is a penis​

giving Arod 350m will make the fans of whatever team he plays for pay like $200 a game for a ticket.
opinions KILLED many.

Quote:
If he wanted any chance of getting 350m from the Yankees and Steinbrenner (the most stubborn man on earth), he shouldn't have allowed this to go the way it has (announcing it during the WS, shutting the Yankees out etc.). It's a PR nightmare. Something Rodriguez doesn't need at this point.
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

Back
Top Bottom