Sources: Arod Was Seeking $350mil from the Yankees

Quote:
Before Alex Rodriguez opted out of his contract with the Yankees earlier this week, the team was told that it would not be able to meet with the third baseman unless it presented an offer of at least $350 million, sources say. The Yankees had hoped to meet with Rodriguez this week, and would have presented him with an extension offer close to five years and $150 million, to begin at the conclusion of his 2008-2010 contract, through which he would have earned $81 million. Through the Yankees' proposal, then, Rodriguez would have made about $230 million over eight years, and during the last five years of the contract, sources say, he would have earned the highest annual salary in Major League Baseball history. But team executives were told, sources say, that in order to arrange a meeting with Rodriguez, they would have to be prepared to make an extension offer that would take the third baseman's deal up to a total value of $350 million. That means that the offer the Yankees intended to propose would have been more than $100 million short. Rodriguez's agent, Scott Boras, sent the documentation of Rodriguez's intention to opt out of the contract to Yankees general manager Brian Cashman during Game 4 of the World Series, Cashman has said, and the GM did not speak with Boras until after news of the decision was published on SI.com. The timing of how this played out, and the fact that Rodriguez did not meet with the Yankees to hear their offer before making his decision, has led some baseball officials to surmise that a deal with another team may already be in the works. In an interview with ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick on Thursday, Boras said, "We have had no economic discussions regarding Alex Rodriguez with any major-league team." The Mets, Dodgers, Angels, Giants and Marlins are among the teams which have not publicly ruled out pursuing Rodriguez. Sources say it is highly unlikely that the Dodgers will seriously entertain the possibility. - espn.com

Wow just wow. I really don't know what to say about Boras and Alex.

He needs it. Ho's are expensive these days.
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

Wow such greedy punks. How do u turn town 240 over 8 years? Does he really need that much money? Athletes these days
smh.gif
smh.gif

Team Grizzlies

350 Million??? That had better been for like 18 years...
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball , Patrick Robinson​

Sweet...

... JESUS!!!!

:rofl:
roll.gif

Damn, A-Rod!! :lol:
laugh.gif

Seriously, that is a holy ton of money. I'm in disbelief. How could you look someoene in the eye and say, "$280mil? Nah... I'm thinking $350mil"?

:lol:
laugh.gif
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

^ I know, I don't think I could do those negotiations. I'd be too easy. First offer, we'll give you $2m a season - okay, great, where do I sign?

Those numbers are just mind-boggling.
TEAM SINISTER

Shopping at The Leftorium since 1977.

i have had nothing bad to say about him after all his playoffs failures....now i'm saying :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
....goodbye bum
[font color=000044 size=7]T[/font][font color=333366 size=7]E[/font][font color=666699 size=7]A[/font][font color=9999CC size=7]M[/font][font color=CCCCFF size=7]Y[/font][font color=white size=7]A[/font][font color=CCCCFF size=7]N[/font][font color=9999CC size=7]K[/font][font color=666699 size=7]E[/font][font color=333366 size=7]E[/font][font color=000044 size=7]S[/font]

wow. if the Yanks are coming up short by over $100 million, what the hell are any other teams going to do?
that is an insane amount of money.
It won't happen, because some dummies will pony up the money, but these teams need to make a stand against these athlete's. Seriously.
or two words that MLB hates:
Salary Cap.
-J-
TEAMNEWENGLANDPATRIOTS​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Quote:
" The Mets, Dodgers, Angels, Giants and Marlins are among the teams which have not publicly ruled out pursuing Rodriguez.

the marlins???? lol arods salary would be more then what the rest of the marlins players make combined.

I am glad the Cubs were not listed there. As much as I hate Curt Schilling, we need an SP more than another bat. (Well, we need a left handed bat...)
team am fam / team vintage heatflintgreynt@gmail.com
myspace.com/flintgreynt

^ But for a guy who has everything except for the ring, why would you look for a team willing to pay you what you think you're worth, instead going to a team that has the best chance of winning? If Pittsburgh offered him the money, he'd go.

I wouldn't mind having ARod on the Mets. I can't lie about that. But the Mets turned him down at $25 mil/per when he was younger, and they BETTER turn him down at $35 mil/per.
4L8O15S16T23!42​
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"Please don't throw garbage at me." - Pam Beesly​

I can't see how spending that much on 1 player when it is just as important to have pitching is beyond me. Unless ARod can win 17 games or save 35 games along with the offensive numbers he puts up, someone is going to be unhappy when he doesn't show up in October. I would much rather go after 3 guys at 12 mil per year or even a Johan Santana at 20 mil and someone else at 15 mil than ARod. The Yankees dodged a bullett when this fool opted out. The shame is some dope is going to scratch a check to him for 1/3 of a billion. Gotta love to see that people get paid the most for what is very meaningless in life. Love seeing teachers getting paid 40k a year for the work they do.
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

There should be a clause in his contract. If he doesn't show up (of course certain guidelines would need to be imposed) he has to reimburse his club 30% of his contract in that year. If his team doesn't make the playoffs, they should also be reimbursed.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

man you have to be a stone cold killer to sit down say 230mil? nope give me around 350mil and we got somein goin lmao
TEAMLOSTPOWERCITY​

Back
Top Bottom