Space Jam Sequel, Starring LeBron James

I will say It didn’t have as much heart as the first one. I don’t know why, nothing really measurable, just didn’t have as much soul to it. Maybe just me

Last edited:
It not being a “basketball only” movie was the point. It’s more of a sign of the times especially with more kids preferring to play video games these days.
And that’s fine. It just shouldn’t have been a Space Jam movie. Plus, the “I just kidnapped your kid and you need to play me in a basketball game to get him back” sequence was embarrassing. I know the original is no cinematic masterpiece, but this felt so sloppy and rushed.

And that’s fine. It just shouldn’t have been a Space Jam movie. Plus, the “I just kidnapped your kid and you need to play me in a basketball game to get him back” sequence was embarrassing. I know the original is no cinematic masterpiece, but this felt so sloppy and rushed.
I hear you. I doubt kids are thinking this critically about it Lol
My theatre in nyc was sold out at a 10:30pm showing (kids included) and everyone clapped at the end

C4FC5D31-3BB7-496A-8464-F2E7D0A88734.jpeg

Don’t get the hate, once movie got to animated portion and game it was good movie. I like how they took jabs at Bron and acknowledged looney tunes are washed up while still bringing in stuff that current kids into.

Lebron family sucked and Lebron should be Lebron like on the shop opposed to acting. When ge acts he put on a super white girl, animated, voice, which makes it corny.

We were kids when first one dropped and we loved it, while the critics said it was good as MJ baseball career.

Glad it didn’t tank at box office, beat out black widow and opened at 32 mill, not bad for coming off pandemic, im sure wb will make money back after global release

. Mad Max Lebron caught me off guard . My boy speedy got dnp’ed . Re watching it again to catch all the cameos at the game , way too many to keep track of first time around .

There’s so many people saying that this movie is for the kids and we should treat it as such and not have our opinions. I ask you this alternatively, do you really believe Warner Bros weren’t banking on our collective nostalgic bucks when they decided to make a sequel to Space Jam? If not, let me tell you how capitalism works…

Kids wanted to watch again. No cap, it’s better the second viewing

Last edited:
Kids in my theater didn't seem to rock with it.

Whole theater only turned up for mbj lol.

Don’t get the hate, once movie got to animated portion and game it was good movie. I like how they took jabs at Bron and acknowledged looney tunes are washed up while still bringing in stuff that current kids into.

Lebron family sucked and Lebron should be Lebron like on the shop opposed to acting. When ge acts he put on a super white girl, animated, voice, which makes it corny.

We were kids when first one dropped and we loved it, while the critics said it was good as MJ baseball career.

Glad it didn’t tank at box office, beat out black widow and opened at 32 mill, not bad for coming off pandemic, im sure wb will make money back after global release

We’re still on a pandemic though :lol:

Watch the first one with the kids yesterday. Odd to say but the first story made sense in comparison. Just flowed a lot better and had actual motivations. They also spread the movie out with actors and players. Gave everyone shine and hid their inabilities to act. In sj2 they kinda threw out bron to the wolves haha. Made him carry scenes and stuff alone. He didn’t have a chance. Should of paired him with a costar of some sort

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom