SPECIAL EDITION JORDAN SHOES?

Should Jordan Brand make a shoe with the #12?

• YES

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
 I don't know if its just me, but I think Jordan Brand should probably make a special edition shoe with the #12 on it. Most people don't know this but Jordan had to wear a #12 jersey one time as an emergency back up since his got stolen lol. I know the #12 has little significance to Jordan but still it would be pretty dope, and at this point Jordan brand could use new ideas lol.

So what do u guys think? What models yall think Jordan brand should slap the #12 into? Any graphic designer on here that can drop a photo edit of J's with the #12? A Jordan collection with the #12 would be dope! Lets get some ideas rollin ppl! 

Been collecting since 93, no one appreciated MJ and the history of his career more than myself. But the 12 gimmick wouldn't work. Even with the older collectors. It was one game in Orlando because his jersey was stolen. They would be reaching hard at that point.

If they do this it might as well be these they slap it onto

nike_air_flight_one_1.jpg

mitchell-ness-michael-jordan-12-jersey-2.jpg

Or theze with a 12 instead of 23 i guess. Dont give them ideas though, we still havent seen a remastered white 5 yet. Would prefer 23 if a number has to be there.

I hear u! definitely would be a reach us OG sneakerheads can see a gimmick from JB a mile away lol but maybe a younger generation would bite more than old heads...think about it.. JB ain't sellin like they used to, we all know they're running out of ideas so they could use a fresh one..so if you get these on one of the more popular models, a nice colorway, maybe a lower price point {I wish 
laugh.gif
} then I don't see why not?

there have been many models before with alternate numbers on it for reasons that were suspect af, so this could work out. Plus if they don't want to risk ruining a classic they could just do it on a spin off model like 6 rings or something like that. either way I wouldn't complain I just wanna see something fresh
Been collecting since 93, no one appreciated MJ and the history of his career more than myself. But the 12 gimmick wouldn't work. Even with the older collectors. It was one game in Orlando because his jersey was stolen. They would be reaching hard at that point.

mitchell-ness-michael-jordan-12-jersey-2.jpg

Or theze with a 12 instead of 23 i guess. Dont give them ideas though, we still havent seen a remastered white 5 yet. Would prefer 23 if a number has to be there.
Exactly, and they could do an ALT colorway since they doin that now with the alt olympics 7 and alt bugs bunny 8s and since his jersey was stolen they could call em the "stolen" 5s or some ish lol or use the model Jordan was wearing the game where he recorded his most steals, put some nice materials on that baby with a fresh colorway and there u go!

Last edited:
I could picture Dave rockin em, definitely Spike Lee in custom Knicks colorway 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Naw we good.

That #45 on the Space Jams was enough shenanigans.

He wore #23 and is known for #23.

Lebron wore #6 but no-one wants to see that on anything. Kobe wore #8 and same thing again.

Rest assured it will happen eventually. JB is running out of ideas to use for new releases we get versions based on his Letterman appearance, his sweaters, his jackets, his alumni games, his minor league baseball stint, even his gatorade. They are begging for themes to slap on retros.

Thanks a lot OP, they definitely going to do it now :lol: They watching us :nerd:
But seriously JB loves gimmicks I could see this happening.

Naw we good.

That #45 on the Space Jams was enough shenanigans.

He wore #23 and is known for #23.

Lebron wore #6 but no-one wants to see that on anything. Kobe wore #8 and same thing again.
trust me I hear you! but JB got a "baseball glove" 9 coming out this weekend with a 35 on it, the number we wore with the Scottsdale Scorpions the little league team he was in when he played baseball..how ridiculous would it sound if one of us posted a thread saying they should do that? and they did LOL
roll.gif
 So if they could release a shoe with a 35 that has very little significance why not a #12 that is more relevant to his NBA career and has a good back story to it? plus like I said if the materials are good and colorway is dope I'd cop

Thanks a lot OP, they definitely going to do it now
laugh.gif
They watching us
nerd.gif

But seriously JB loves gimmicks I could see this happening.
Lol Just curious why it hasn't happened yet I mean I like the #12 and the story behind it plus we've had a lot of alternate numbers on Jordans for worse reasons than this lol so I'd be cool if they did this 

Rest assured it will happen eventually. JB is running out of ideas to use for new releases we get versions based on his Letterman appearance, his sweaters, his jackets, his alumni games, his minor league baseball stint, even his gatorade. They are begging for themes to slap on retros.
Exactly what I'm saying, out of all those reasons u mentioned for them making shoes I think the #12 jersey is a better reason, has a better story and is more directly tied to MJs NBA career. 

I don't think hunk JB is "running out of ideas". I've been hearing that since 2009 and JBs wacky ideas have produced some great shoes. They can't milk his championships, Spike Lee, or the space jam/looney toons forever.

I don't think hunk JB is "running out of ideas". I've been hearing that since 2009 and JBs wacky ideas have produced some great shoes. They can't milk his championships, Spike Lee, or the space jam/looney toons forever.
well this could be another wacky idea to add to the collection lol

JB definitely isn't "running out of ideas." They have PLENTY of new ideas-it's just that most of them are bad.

JB definitely isn't "running out of ideas." They have PLENTY of new ideas-it's just that most of them are bad.
I think they keep most of their good ideas to themselves. Gentry's sample closet was a sign of that. Even though he's gone, I know they still come up with a lot of dope looking stuff that never drops

I think they keep most of their good ideas to themselves. Gentry's sample closet was a sign of that. Even though he's gone, I know they still come up with a lot of dope looking stuff that never drops

My conspiracy theory is that they purposely put out a lot of bad cws for GR retros because they basically make them to sell at outlets on sale. It's a way of selling retros at a wide range of pricepoints without lowering the actual MSRP ($190-$220) across the board.

I wish they would do more with og colors. But just change the dominant color. Ex, white aquas, which we've seen pics before of. white last shots, black Cardinals, white charcoal viis. You know what I mean. Keep the same accents but change the dominant color. Screw the gimmick just come out with some true alternate colorways. The 8 that just came out as an alternate was pretty good. More of those maybe.

Back
Top Bottom