SPECIFIC Skills of Individual NBA Players That You Feel Are Overrated?

Stuckey's athleticism; yea he is strong for the point position but coming out of Eastern Washington they talked like this dude has a wizard of an athlete.I don't see it today, maybe something happened. Who knows?

Chris Paul's defense

Throw some other ones out there

KOBE fan but his D is highly overated..

On ball hes suspect, help D hes alright.

I think the whole Lebron is a great defender thing picked up when they played the Nuggets last year and really put the press on Melo.

Much like when Kobe "shut" Iverson down in that game in Philly in 2001 and he has made all nba defense each year since LOLOLOL

Not now, but Chauncey Billup's "big shot ability" was getting on my nerves the last 2-3 years in Detroit
laugh.gif

Kobes Defense....its good dont get me wrong but I see him get lazy a lot while playing on the ball....his help D is much better than his on the ball D

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Kobes Defense....its good dont get me wrong but I see him get lazy a lot while playing on the ball....his help D is much better than his on the ball D

word i was in tears when van gundy said something to the effect of ... he's as good as it gets when you need a 1 possession shut down defender.
roll.gif

but

CHRIS PAUL can't guard anyone ... forget steals ... he gets abused by any good scoring pg

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Stuckey's athleticism; yea he is strong for the point position but coming out of Eastern Washington they talked like this dude has a wizard of an athlete. I don't see it today, maybe something happened. Who knows?
You can add his PG skills.

Steve Nash and that BS that makes those around him better.
grin.gif

Stupidest sh*^ uttered on this board.

Damn you fast Chester. I KNEW this would be a thread you would want to make an appearance in.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Damn you fast Chester. I KNEW this would be a thread you would want to make an appearance in.
roll.gif

I already knew what Captain Statboy was going to post, so I figured I'd make an appearance.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

KOBE fan but his D is highly overated..

On ball hes suspect, help D hes alright.
i think his defense is overated period...he gets beat off the dribble at times and frustrates the hell out of me he can also get lazy too...withthat said when he does try to play defense hes legit

sasha vujacic's defense

he fouls most of the time
smh.gif

sasha is overated by a lot of my Laker fans period!...the guy is a disappointment...the machine pshh
sick.gif
...his teammates and fans alike even say he needs new batteries...hell hisbattery was his contract year

LeBron's defense...he's definately made improvements, but he's not the lockdown defender people are trying to make him to be.
Same goes for Kobe...everytime he keys in on defense, its usually on somebody else's man and pretty much ignores the player he's supposed to beguarding.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

As much as i love Kobe, i have to agree . He has too much talent on d to be lazy but maybe that's the prob.

I been saying Kobe only plays D sometimes, more than half the time he's just chillin on D.
laugh.gif

People saying LeBron's D is overrated need to really watch dude is the best perimeter defender in the league and has made huge strides since his rookieyear, plus he plays the best free safety in basketball.

Defensive Rating (Points allowed per 100 possessions)

[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]Dwight Howard-ORL[/td] [td]94.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]Kevin Garnett-BOS[/td] [td]97.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]LeBron James-CLE[/td] [td]99.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]Anderson Varejao-CLE[/td] [td]100.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td]Kendrick Perkins-BOS[/td] [td]100.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td]Tim Duncan-SAS[/td] [td]100.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td]Zydrunas Ilgauskas-CLE[/td] [td]100.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td]Chris Andersen-DEN[/td] [td]100.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td]Yao Ming-HOU[/td] [td]100.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td]Rajon Rondo-BOS[/td] [td]100.9[/td] [/tr][/table]

and the only wing player in the top 10 in defensive rating

Back
Top Bottom