SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by AirThompson

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by TSX24

my only gripe is how easily he reveals himself
Damn just seen the 4 minute trailer. You are write. I don't care if it's a kid and what he was trying during that scene son is quick to take that mask off. Son letting ppl pull off his mask. Plus we all knew early from trailers Gwen knew he was Spidey.

I don't know if it's as exciting when the villain ends up knowing his secret identity so early.

One thing I've wondered does Uncle Ben even die in this movie
? It's a reboot but there seems to be know focus/motive on why he became a superhero. We all know Peter Parker doesn't just get the powers and start saving ppl.
From the looks of it, Dr. Connors/Lizard knows Peter Parkers abilities. He says something among the lines as this didnt happen on purpose. It doesnt matter if Gwen knows because if its sticking to the comic shes going to die in Amazing Spiderman 2 anyway.
I know she has to die but I don't see why she has to die in the sequel. If Sony is really trying to hold on to this if this reboot debut is a success I can see numerous sequels like they were planning before for a Spider-Man 4&5.

I already know Connors knows about him, that's what I'm talking about, it aint as exciting. No reason for Connors to be evil too. Connors has always been that sympathetic character morphed in to a villain because of how desperate he was as a scientist to be whole again. I know they're doing their own story/spin on this based off of the Ultimate comics but it lacks some suspense in that area to me.

Damn just seen the 4 minute trailer. You are write. I don't care if it's a kid and what he was trying during that scene son is quick to take that mask off. Son letting ppl pull off his mask. Plus we all knew early from trailers Gwen knew he was Spidey.

I don't know if it's as exciting when the villain ends up knowing his secret identity so early.

One thing I've wondered does Uncle Ben even die in this movie
? It's a reboot but there seems to be know focus/motive on why he became a superhero. We all know Peter Parker doesn't just get the powers and start saving ppl.
From the looks of it, Dr. Connors/Lizard knows Peter Parkers abilities. He says something among the lines as this didnt happen on purpose. It doesnt matter if Gwen knows because if its sticking to the comic shes going to die in Amazing Spiderman 2 anyway.
I know she has to die but I don't see why she has to die in the sequel. If Sony is really trying to hold on to this if this reboot debut is a success I can see numerous sequels like they were planning before for a Spider-Man 4&5.

I already know Connors knows about him, that's what I'm talking about, it aint as exciting. No reason for Connors to be evil too. Connors has always been that sympathetic character morphed in to a villain because of how desperate he was as a scientist to be whole again. I know their doing their own story/spin on this based off of the Ultimate comics but it lacks some suspense in that area to me.

Agreed.

I see nothing wrong with him letting a kid see his face just to show that he's not a threat to him. I actually like that he did that.

'I'm just a normal guy'

Eh I'm not about to split hairs since they were probably trying to translate this situation to real life. Realistically though, he doesn't waste time by telling him to put on the mask to give him fake confidence and have the kid climb vertically out of the car, he just pulls him out of there after he rips the window off.

Man, I think this *%# is going to be epic & put raimi's films to shame. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hated the raimis flicks. The already look extremely dated too.

Originally Posted by inter1032

why did they change spiderman?
Raimi was planning on doing Spider-Man 4&5 in one go, the scripts were trash, a lot of backlash for SM3, Sony decides to shut it down and fire the whole crew and decide to reboot quick enough to make bank around the same time Marvel goes in with their comic movies and the Avengers.

2mjsm1.jpg

2yw61iu.jpg

slsadz.jpg

I hate the way the lizard looks.

Why couldn't they just make him look like this.
lizzie.jpg

Instead he looks like Reptile from MK
30t6p3b.gif

Not a big fan either but I think they're going all old-school with this one.
qrnpjk.jpg

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

tobey was a bad choice imo. they shoulda casted topher grace aka eric forman for the role of peter parker and not for the role of eddie brock (brock lesnar, maybe?)
I said the same thing back then on both of these.

I'll give you guys Topher Grace, but what's up with people always wanting wrestlers in movies?lol How silly would Avengers have been if people got their wish of HHH as Thor and Cena as Captain America?

When I think about it, it makes no sense looking for a guy that looks like Eddie Brock. Just get a good actor, dye his hair if you have to, and tell him to bulk up. Besides they're gonna cgi Venom anyway, especially if it's the hulking muscle bound version of him.

JayPesoz wrote:
I'll give you guys Topher Grace, but what's up with people always wanting wrestlers in movies?lol How silly would Avengers have been if people got their wish of HHH as Thor and Cena as Captain America?
People actually wished that?  
laugh.gif
  Maybe the wrestling fans who are young kids.  It would've been nice if they picked a real soldier to play Cap like they thought about.  Clay Matthews looks like a real life Thor.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

tobey was a bad choice imo. they shoulda casted topher grace aka eric forman for the role of peter parker and not for the role of eddie brock (brock lesnar, maybe?)
I said the same thing back then on both of these.

Exactly.  Lesnar can barely cut a decent promo let alone co-star in a major blockbuster film.  
And Channing Tatum?  Wow...

Part of me wishes the Lizard would have the elongated snout, but I think he looks fine.  They wanted to go old school like someone else said, and I think they went mainly with Steve Ditko's design.  I just wish they kept that labcoat on him. 
frown.gif
 Really shows the dualism of the Curt Conners/Lizard character in my opinion.

EDIT: Just realized the lizard looks like 
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom