SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I know I'm one of the only ones, but I still would've preferred a grown up or at least a little older Spiderman like the fox cartoon. The high school drama stuff has its funny moments but I don't care about it most of the time.

I know I'm one of the only ones, but I still would've preferred a grown up or at least a little older Spiderman like the fox cartoon. The high school drama stuff has its funny moments but I don't care about it most of the time.
We'll get it eventually.

If Sony was smart that's exactly what we'd be getting from a Scarlet Spider movie; Ben Reilly attending Empire University post clone saga taking on an altered murderer's row of Spidey villains.

I saw this late so I missed all the speculation talk but I am really curious to see how they story now that everyone knows.

Probably have a fake Spiderman appear while Peter is there to throw people off.

I think the bigger plot point they will focus on is painting Spiderman as the bad guy that everyone now hates. I love how they handled that. In the comics it never made sense why everybody hated him as much just because the Bugle painted him that way. Having Mysterio do what he did makes the public turn make more sense.

Probably have a fake Spiderman appear while Peter is there to throw people off.

I think the bigger plot point they will focus on is painting Spiderman as the bad guy that everyone now hates

I remember thinking at the end of the TDK about how the next Batman movie would tackle him being a menace to society but they just went ahead and skipped over and had Bruce be fine with getting washed and retire. Missed opportunity.

The films will get darker but still keep the comedic charm once Peter goes to ESB. I expect the movies to turn into a sitcom of sorts in the guise of Seinfeld or HIMYM where Peter has returning girlfriends and love interest we’re excited to see. Zendaya will go away for a film or even two and we’ll meet Gwen, Debra, Felicia etc and she’ll come back with the famous “Face it Tiger...

We’ll meet Harry during Pete’s college years too which is where they met in the comics (another flaw of the Raimi trilogy) I’m glad Feige waited to put Norman in the MCU when we all suspected an appearance in FFH. Those two are a pretty big deal in terms of the Marvel universe, not just Spider-Man mythos. Tom Holland is gonna be Spider-Man for another 10 years minimum.

im predicting
next one he actually teams up with another hero

People will cry for Miles but get Uma Thurman’s daughter in there. I feel like her and Tom Holland would have crazy chemistry together.

BB13E648-0A9A-4ABC-854E-200C06CB6F6F.jpeg

Naughtyhare is as simple as a lightswitch, dude is either ON or OFF no need to ever have a serious discussion with him...

Just caught the movie since I left the country when it dropped, stood clear of spoilers aside from the Iron Corpse illusion...that was a wild scene.

Not sure I like the spin on unmasking Pete at the end, kind of defeats bringing back JK to repraise his role, would have been cool to see Peter graduating high school and getting a gig at the Bugle...but I’m sure Marvel will figure something out...

Now my question regarding Talos and his shorty being Nick and Maria, we know the real Fury is out in space, has he been out there all this time after Capt Marvel? If that’s so, had Maria Hill always been a skrull?

I remember thinking at the end of the TDK about how the next Batman movie would tackle him being a menace to society but they just went ahead and skipped over and had Bruce be fine with getting washed and retire. Missed opportunity.
Yeah I didn't like TDKR taking place 7 years later.

Wont lie, I know it may not fit but don't know why they'd change Kraven's some origin. World renowned hunter that gas captured every beast and is now going to hunt man, Spider-Man.

They can make the hunting even more gritty if they have to. Have him hunting in Wakanda as he's pursued by Wakandans.

Making him Wakandan though? Going the extra mile for interconnectivity.

Also from a tribe that no longer exists? Pushing it. They went out of their way to show and tell the origin of Wakanda and its 5 tribes.

Only lost tribe I'm expecting is the Zamunda tribe.

Last edited:
Kraven's race doesn't matter but I really hope they don't go that route. Sounds good on paper and it could work but I don't want a black Kraven. I want a brolic white dude with a twirly mustache and a weird accent. I'm black btw

Back
Top Bottom