SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
air-jordan-1-origin-story-release-date.jpg

AIR JORDAN I
ORIGIN STORY
$160
AVAILABLE 12/14 AT 10:00 AM EST
Jordan Brand is celebrating the release of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse with a special edition Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG 'Origin Story'. Matching the pair seen in the film on Miles Morales, this AJ1 puts a twist on a classic colorway. Like Morales’ character, the AJ1 is known for defying the norm. Like the mask, the AJ1 can be worn by anyone and empower those who wear it to be heroic.

© & TM 2018 MARVEL. ©

Tom Holland Explains Why 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Trailer Wasn't Released

Sony Pictures descended upon Sao Paulo, Brazil earlier today to present their upcoming properties in a panel at this year's Comic Con Experience (CCXP). It had been widely reported earlier in the week that today was the day that Sony would be dropping the first Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer to help celebrate their presence at the convention.

Then this morning, Sony eventually decided to delay the public release of the trailer to later this week, only showing the trailer to the in-person audience at the convention. According to Far From Home star Tom Holland, the powers that be ultimately decided to make the trailer exclusive to those at CCXP.

"We debuted the new Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer just for you guys exclusively, because sometimes we just want to show our support, and you guys have been so amazing to us ever since I got this job," Holland said during a live stream of the panel. "And I guess we just wanted to come and say thank you really, and that was our way for Marvel and Sony to say thank you. And I hope you enjoyed it. We loved it."

"It's amazing to see something you worked so hard on become a reality, and then share it with the people who really want to see it. So again, thank you for having us, CCXP has been amazing."

Holland's co-star Jake Gyllenhall — who'll suit up at the iconic Spider-Man nemesis Mysterio in Far From Home — was also in attendance at the panel and echoed the sentiments, playing off of the film's name.

"And you know for us, Brazil is far from home, so it only fits," Gyllenhaal reflected. "Show it to a group of people that we expect and admire in a country that we love far from home."

It starts with Aunt May and Happy on some events with Peter as Spider-man. Then, shows Peter going to Europe on a school trip, without the civil war suit by the way. After some shots of him with his friends in Venice, Nick Fury shoots Ned with a dart for him to fall asleep as he talks to Peter for the first time. He is recruiting Peter and Mysterio, that will play a hero role at the beginning of the movie, fighting some “elemental creatures” that are huge monsters, looking a lot like Raimi’s big Sandman, with sand water and lava monsters. According to the cast, there is a wind one too. Mysterio shows up without his fishbowl and with a beard, fighting the monsters on Venice (with spells that look a lot with Doctor Strange ones but green), and then with the fishbowl fighting then again. Some shots of Spidey’s stealth suit, the red and black one with those “wings” under his arms, and Peter Parker with his regular clothes fighting the monsters on London and it ended

:lol:...Yeah that’s funny stuff...I mean for all the characters they could’ve signed him for they decide to put him in the Spider Man movies...

So based off that trailer I’m assuming Mysterio is probably responsible for those elemental creatures and originally is trying to play hero.

It's cool in general but this looks nothing like a Spidey suit.

Looks like cosplay for a suit they can't make the identical version of.

Its very military grade practical. Can also pass for a cat burglar. Reminds me of Rogers war time suit in First Avenger and the other early options.

You can really feel the absence of Stark tech with that look.

Last edited:
Spider-Verse was at 100% and just went down to 99% with one bad review

and that bad review just sounds like an old-man review

Jerky motion, blurred action beats -- a clever conceit ruined by sloppy animation.
Full Review | Original Score: 2/4

VENOM 2 Expected To Get A New Screenwriter But Will SPIDER-MAN Make An Appearance?

Venom co-writer Jeff Pinker has confirmed that a follow-up is happening but it seems like he won't be the one who writes it. "I can’t say anything other than that it is happening," he explained before being asked if he'll be working on the next chapter: "I am not. As of right now, I am not."

Seeing as Venom was torn apart by critics, it makes sense that Sony will take things in a slightly different direction from a creative standpoint. After all, the bad reviews may not have hurt the movie financially, but a well-received follow-up could see it pass $1 billion if word of mouth is overwhelmingly positive.

Regardless, when Pinker was asked if Spider-Man exists in the same world as Venom, he teased: "Without revealing anything that I’m not allowed to reveal, it is not impossible that in a future/upcoming Venom movie, Spider-Man will play a significant role."

Don't even really care anymore. Venom is doing it's own thing.

It is clear that Sony is somewhat waiting for that Spidey deal with the MCU to be up.

Back
Top Bottom