SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Into the Spider Verse was the goods. If they know what they're doing they should just focus on an animated universe cuz their live action stuff ain't it

I'll be suree to watch Into the Spider Verse again this week, this time in dolby

35-40 mil weekend. Kinda surprised by the number.

But it's on a 90 mil budget so I guess that's ok.

I want this movie to do well so they will move forward with expanding the universe.

This movie could be the best movie this month.

Last edited:
Yeah movie is hands down the best Spider-Man movie I’ve seen, I know it’s a bold statement and I know Homecoming along with Holland did their thing, but this movie was just pure heart..

Sounds like sony about to pimp Gwen Stacy

Into the Spider Verse sequel will supposedly focus on Gwen and Miles, and it's rumored that there'll be a Spider Women spin off with Gwen Stacy at the center.

I'm not mad. She was my favorite character besides Miles

Yeah movie is hands down the best Spider-Man movie I’ve seen, I know it’s a bold statement and I know Homecoming along with Holland did their thing, but this movie was just pure heart..
No its not bold. This is probably the best spider man movie ever.

This movie was so good man. Loved it. Actually got chills during the final web sling through the city.

Second end credit scene = classic.

Also, Jason Mamoa was at my theater, screening Aquaman. I didn't see him but I saw Ray Fisher and Mamoa's cousin/body guard chopping it up with folks before heading inside. Thought that was dope. I was tryna snag pics but security was real tight in that AMC lobby.

Checked out into the Spiderverse yesterday, I liked the movie a lot. It was very modern/hip with music/graffiti, NY vibe, great character development for Miles, awesome action scenes. My few complaints/critiques were: I didn't care for the pig cartoon Spiderman, was a little too much for me. The animation had a camera-like focus where the main parts of the animation were focused while outer-areas were out-of-focus like in a "real movie".

Even though I don't bang with Miles (Queens Get The Money), I *** with this movie. There's a Spider-Man in there for everyone. Animation was fire. Graffiti, NYC, Spanish food- definitely relatable to me. And whoever came up with that end credit scene deserves some sort of medal.

By the way, I never thought hypnotize would be playing in an animated movie in 2018 but it did. That was dope

With Miles being from Brooklyn, I knew it was going to happen. If a TV show or movie does something with POC from BK, there has to be a Biggie track. I would like to see someone combobreak that with a Duck Down track in a major film. That would really make me turn my head.

Shouts to Belly's "Mumble Rap" being in the film.

Also, I wanted to rip that Chance The Rapper poster off the wall. Only complaint.

A+ movie.... Loved the animation, the story, the soundtrack & score, the cast.

I’m with E everysingletime , they should stop doing these really terrible/dumb live action that relies solely on CGI so they’re basically animation movies.

This is indeed the best Spidey movie & the only one as far as I’m concerned bcs all the previous ones were trash except for Marisa Tomei.

I mean damn my wife, kid, & I even caught the feels...

Loved the Stan Lee cameo... RIP...

I didn’t like homecoming much at all. Like I said most of these Marvel flicks are terrible. I equate then with michael bat flicks. Also can’t stand seeing Downey Jr who I think is a great actor hamming it up like johnny depo doing those pirate movies..

Especially in light of this movie. It blows homecoming out of the water by a looooooooooooony shot.

Seems like you & I align & in sync politically but not when it comes to Marvel movies. Also for what it’s worth, I’ve been reading comics for 30+ yrs...

Last edited:
As I've said, i could see those who aren't a fan of raimi watching his spidey movies and seeing how poorly they have aged and his stuff standing out

500 days of summer spidey movies just felt too CW-ish

Homecoming is a top 5 marvel movie to me, not even MCU.. need to think where I'd rank it in overall CBM

I love Spider-Man... The first artist I came into for his comic was Ron Frenz who actually used to frequent my dad’s restaurant in Pittsburgh in the 80s... I met him bcs one day he saw me reading a Spidey he did as well as some Thor & Star Wars comics... I used it have a photo of him along with my brother & I but I lost touch with my father who has that pic & many others with sports celebrities & one with Jennifer Beals who was filming Flash Dance in Pittsburgh at the time.

Btw, also loved the Jordan 1 tie in... was going to get my 15 yr old the Origin Stories but he wasn’t feeling the dotted pattern on the red leather... Looks like they sold out everywhere...

Back
Top Bottom