SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
This could be Sony's plot to mess with Marvel..
Black Panther got a lot of people interested in the MCU and a few months later we're getting Infinity War.

Antman 2 comes out in July, and Venom in October. I can see people assuming that Venom is part of the shared universe because A) the Marvel logo and B) Antman and Venom both take place in San Francisco.

If Venom flops, it could make people disinterested in comic book movies and the MCU.

yah, their best bet is to ride the MCU as much as they could, should have thrown a bag of millions at Feige to come up with the storyboards for this film and plan out any other extension films to Spidey

yah, their best bet is to ride the MCU as much as they could, should have thrown a bag of millions at Feige to come up with the storyboards for this film and plan out any other extension films to Spidey
Yep should have rode the wave hard.

Anyone else thinks Jaime Bell could play an adult version of Tom Holland's Peter Parker?

MV5BMTQ0MzA3MjUzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkyNzc4OQ@@._V1_UY317_CR25,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Sony why would you **** Venom up twice?? As far as I’m concerned let this movie be stand alone and have nothing to do with Tom Holland and allow Marvel to make a proper in universe Eddie Brock and Venom when the time comes. With the summer slate of crazy superhero films upon us what kinda of reviews and box office return are they thinking will come from this? This has flop written all over it. Only good thing is that once this inevitably fails I believe Sony will bow out the comic book movie realm for good and give full Spider-Man film rights back to Marvel especially if IW exceeds expectations and Spider-Man’s appearance in it is heavily praised which is looking like will happen

he spoke about the suit and how myths arise from idiots without a reliable source so it sounds like he is at least saying the suit rumor was false

He indirectly directly said the rumor is bull ****.

We shall see if he just said it to make sure the movie doesnt have bad word of mouth flowing. They want to insure a big weekend at the box office first.

Here's An In-Depth Look At The Rumored Plot Leak For VENOM
(take it with a grain of salt)

Eddie Brock Is An Ex-Con
landscape-1464972747-venom.jpg

Venom reportedly begins with Eddie being released from prison on early parole. There's no word on what he's in for or if he was still a journalist once upon a time but this is obviously a departure from the comics. Sure, the villain spent many years in and out of prison but before that, he was a mostly honest reporter who only turned on the world when Peter Parker/Spider-Man outed him as a fraud.

Eddie's Relationship With His Family
venom-female-she-venom-spider-man-ann-weying.jpg

We know that Eddie's wife (played by Michelle Williams) will be making an appearance in Venom but apparently, he has a daughter too! She doesn't recognise her dad when they cross paths again and it sounds like the movie is going to deliver a pretty cliched story when it comes to how things play out.

The government will use them to try and get to Eddie and he'll ultimately save them. Does any of that sound familiar? Well, it should because it's the plot of pretty much a hundred other movies out there!

How Eddie Becomes Venom
Venom_1.jpg

Devastated that his daughter didn't recognise him, Eddie goes on a bender and ends up passing out in the woods. While he sleeps, space debris lands nearby and the symbiote emerges from the wreckage and ends up bonding with him. The government arrives to quarantine the crash site and a second symbiote attacks a scientist while a third is captured. Eddie, meanwhile, attempts to escape the area but winds up being captured and taken into custody as he's stumbled on something he shouldn't have.

A Second Symbiote
Spider-_Man-never-defeated-_Carnage.jpg

While the government scientists are exploring the wreckage, a second symbiote appears and bonds with someone. However, he ends up dying but the alien remains hidden in his body (unbeknownst to everyone else). This comes into play later in a very weird and seemingly nonsensical manner...

The Symbiote Manifests Its Powers
Venom-1.jpg

The movie's villainous scientists - presumably The Life Foundation - start performing experiments on Eddie and the symbiote eventually makes itself known and kills a bunch of them leading to the ex-con attempting to escape the facility. As he does, the alien starts showing off its powers, including dozens of arms/tendrils which take out the guards and help Eddie makes his way to San Francisco.

What Venom Looks Like
New-_Venom-_Comic-_Fire.jpg

Apparently, the symbiote manifests itself as black veins on Eddie's arms and neck and only actually makes a physical appearance as the extra limbs mentioned above. There is, of course, precedent for that in the comic books but this is sure to disappoint fans hoping that a movie titled Venom would actually feature a lot of Venom. Then again, this explains why he was nowhere to be seen in the teaser.

Car Chase
venom-mac-gargan-scorpion.jpg

Finding the government waiting for him at his wife and child's home, Eddie once again goes on the run and what follows is a car chase which sees him manifest a shield using the symbiote that he uses to knock cars out of his way. However, after learning that the government has his family, he's forced to go back into custody where it turns out a third symbiote has been placed in containment.

The Final Battle
Flash-_Thompson-as-_Agent-_Venom.jpg

When Eddie's Venom symbiote sees that third symbiote, it loses it and finally forms the costume from the comic books over him. The alien in containment breaks free, takes over the scientist, and it's on!

It's not made clear if this is the Carnage symbiote but we know from the source material that these aliens have their own personalities back on their homeworld, so there's a very good chance these two are enemies, hence why the fight breaks out. Either way, Venom makes short work of the scientist he does battle with and as we mentioned above, Eddie and his family are able to escape.

Weird Sequel Set Up
Spider-_Man-never-defeated-_Carnage.jpg

Right at the end of the movie, that dead scientist who was taken over by a second symbiote is revealed to be alive. This scene clearly takes place to set up a sequel but why should we care? This plot leak doesn't make that clear but with no chance of Spider-Man showing up, Venom is going to need someone to do battle with and that's presumably why this symbiote is shown to be alive and kicking.

So, What's The Verdict?
Venom-1-close-up-_Marvel.jpg

This supposed leaker claims that Venom only actually shows up for around two minutes during the final fight. Rumour has it that the movie has a very modest budget so this does make sense but Sony has to know that this is going to lead to a lot of criticism and disappointment among fans.
Wow
Congrats to Disney
They had to be the ones to leak this
:lol:
Sabatoging the movie
So when they do venom
People can say how great Disney did venom
:lol:
They are too damn diabolical

Yep should have rode the wave hard.

Anyone else thinks Jaime Bell could play an adult version of Tom Holland's Peter Parker?

MV5BMTQ0MzA3MjUzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkyNzc4OQ@@._V1_UY317_CR25,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

No lie, I was watching In The Heart of the Sea recently and the 1st 3 or 4 scenes with Tom Holland I was wondering how the hell they got Jamie Bell to look that young :lol:

He indirectly directly said the rumor is bull ****.

We shall see if he just said it to make sure the movie doesnt have bad word of mouth flowing. They want to insure a big weekend at the box office first.
I see it.

I feel Holland may grow to be taller than hm though :lol:

I still feel off on the Symbiote possibly having Spidey’s abilities without ever having contact with Peter...

I feel like the statement is just damage control . Not saying anything would've been better .

If this was like a surprise Venom movie, then I could see that idea working.

Like if this was kept under wraps and it was just a new Tom Hardy movie and ended up being about Venom but no one realized it until they saw it.. then this weird idea could work. But nah... nah nah nah... this is awful. Sony has not earned this kind of good will to make this kind of movie. It's too much of a curveball to the fans. I know Sony has some awful ideas, but I really don't want to believe that rumor.

Like if this was kept under wraps and it was just a new Tom Hardy movie and ended up being about Venom but no one realized it until they saw it.. then this weird idea could work. But nah... nah nah nah... this is awful. Sony has not earned this kind of good will to make this kind of movie. It's too much of a curveball to the fans. I know Sony has some awful ideas, but I really don't want to believe that rumor.
I legit thought that was what was up with Life. A Venom Prequel.

if that woulda actually happened
woulda been kinda dope
movie woulda spread by word of mouth
and actually made a ton of money

Back
Top Bottom