SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Adds CRAZY RICH ASIANS Up-And-Comer Remy Hii In A Mysterious Role
Vz_F8tOw_400x400.jpg

might be playing Mr Negative like in the game?

There was concept art shown a few months back at a Disney meeting for Far From Home showing Spider-Man battling Hydro-Man in the middle of Venice which is where the Hydro man rumors came from. The video Tom posted show shirts in the background saying Venice. Hydro man using the Venice Canals!!! :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

No really, he was revealed in a leak sometime ago...

Mysterio, Chameleon, Vulture, Scorpion and Hydro-Man. The first 3 are confirmed and the last 2 are more than likely at this point.

They must be saving Ock or Norman for the 3rd.

rami spidermans are bunz

nostalgia aside they just didnt age well, the writing and set building just reminds me of a long broadway play at times more theatrical than cinematic.

x-men 1-3 and ramis spidermen were amazing at the time since it was the first we got to see these guys on the big screen so the inaugural hype factor was there like a mf'er

but when you take a sober watch of these flicks again, they just didnt age well...they are victims of bad CGI mixed with too much set building that just really date the films

BLADE 1 is my all-time fav marvel flick and I know I run around every thread I get a chance to say it but, a big part of why I enjoy this film so much is that it aged so well and still is a better watch than alot of what marvel is putting out today. Cant say that about any of the x men or spiderman flicks without bias or nostalgia involved.

Last edited:
Nothing xmen was on spider 2 level.. hell was on Spider-Man 1 level

I'd put first 2 blades and hellboys over x1 and 2.. also batman 89 and the one after

Low-key I wish I got to see Spider-Man 4&5 with Malkovich Vulture and the Lizard.

This...

The fact that they got as close as they did to actually making those films, only to move on to the ~Amazing~ films makes it even worse...Raimi saw the writing on the wall though...

I only wish, raimi got to make the 3rd film his way

But spidey needed fresh blood

X2 was good for what it was. Some characters done right but some done very wrong. Rogue and storm instantly come to mind

Spider-man 2 was innovative b, homecoming was just righting da wrongs of amazing spider-man 1-2, and spider-man 3.

doc ock and webhead fighting on top of da train still gets me hyped when i see it.

Homecoming is the film that actually finally got the character right. Great embodiment of Peter and great villain

I never cared for the overly emotional baby voice Peter and snaggletooth MJ. Ock is the saving grace for the film.

I only wish, raimi got to make the 3rd film his way

But spidey needed fresh blood

3 wasn’t anywhere near as bad as either of the Garfield films...The damn thing made almost $900 million but still turns up at the top of most people’s worst lists...

Only reason Raimi didn’t get to finish up his story was because studio execs were still trying to push their way into the movies ...3 didn’t turn out like he wanted because of that bs and he saw it getting worse for the next films...When he pushed back they started working on the Amazing films behind his back...Cant blame him for bouncing, and we honestly have to give him credit for keeping it classy with the whole thing in the years after the fact...

I don’t think they needed fresh blood per se...They just needed to let Raimi do his thing like they did with 2...I have no doubt that he would’ve straightened things out if that actually happened...

Homecoming is the best Spidey film made so far though...SM2 is my personal favorite but I know when to call a spade a spade...Homecoming is just a tightly made film...Ground up they get the character right...

Transformers movies make money.. pirates of the Caribbean movies still make money

I dont think spidey 3 was a complete abomination and could easily have been better if venom wasn't forced on raimi.. but the movie still ain't great, just too much bad going

I think homecoming is easily the best spidey movie (as I said above), especially when you revisit how poorly those movies have aged.. yes the subway scene is still cool as shhh, but the movie's flaws and the raimi campyness becomes painfully obvious the further away we get

There are old movies that hold up, godfather 1&2, jaws, Jurassic park.. and then there are some that time does zero favors to

Back
Top Bottom