SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
homecoming gets corny with da ancillary High School characters.

Garfield spider-man actually nailed flash Thompson & etc.

if Spider-man 2 juuuuust got dethroned by homecoming just on CGI technicals then u know it was da superior movie.

homecoming gets corny with da ancillary High School characters.

Garfield spider-man actually nailed flash Thompson & etc.

if Spider-man 2 juuuuust got dethroned by homecoming just on CGI technicals then u know it was da superior movie.

How the hell you wrong on all 3 of these?

Homecoming is the only spidey movie that legit feels real and that those kids are in high school

I just remember what the flash Thompson dude looks like and zero of what he actually did

And all the raimi movies are dated badly on the overacting.. that's why I say it needed a new director.. you could tell how raimi would treate certain thing and how toby would look plus ole girl who looks like she needs a bath most of the times

Just cuz the campyness was obvious doesn't make it a negative. Especially with a Raimi movie.

That can't be a knock against SM2.

The outline he had for the film was garbage.
I remember reading he told them he wasn't going to end up doing it cuz none of the scripts were good enough.

^ why not?

I am a raimi fan, that don't mean I like all of his movies.. or every single detail about those movies I do like

He's far from batting 1.000%

^ why not?

I am a raimi fan, that don't mean I like all of his movies.. or every single detail about those movies I do like

He's far from batting 1.000%
You don't have to like all of his movies.

Nor did anywhere in my post I implied he's batting 1.000% :lol: Cuz he's not.

I just said campyness in itself is not a negative or a knock against a movie that has it. Why? Cuz campyness isn't always a negative. Especially if you have a good idea of what you're getting going in to it based on the director/writer/etc.

Cuz campyness isn't always a negative.

Where did I ever say this??

However that doesn't mean what was good 10-20 years ago will remain good now

This goes for all movies and genres

A lot of movies I loved as a child or even a while ago, when I watch them again now I fail to see why I loved them so much then

Some things you just dont really notice or ignore upon initial viewing.. but as you watch the movie again and again and again or watch it again years later things stick out

This is nothing exclusive to those movies and they are far from the last

I watched the wild bunch last night and that is a movie that is still a great movie almost 50 years later

Where did I ever say this??
I never said you did :lol:

I said the campyness in the movie isn't a negative and not a knock against it.

You asked why.

Then I said cuz campyness in itself isn't a negative.

It directly circles back to me saying the campyness for that movie isn't a knock against it.

Some movies have too much, some too little. Some movies it's just about how the campyness is used.

Now you may disagree about that or also how it's aged but I'm not so much talking about that (given I disagree anyway) but am just explicitly stating the connotation of calling anything campy.

Given we're talking about Sam Raimi and his consistent use of it that also factors in to the Spidey movie(s) in question.

I said the campyness in the movie isn't a negative and not a knock against it.

Then I said cuz campyness in itself isn't a negative.

It directly circles back to me saying the campyness for that movie isn't a knock against it.

Some movies have too much, some too little. Some movies it's just about how the campyness is used.

Read this again

Campyness, like every other aspect of a movie, is open for criticism

Hell, the 1 real flaw I got with the greatest CBM of all time is who they cast as rachel (TDK)

I still haven’t watched homecoming. Maybe when parker is in college or done then i’ll check it out. Didn’t need to see a third spiderman in high school.

VENOM Early Box Office Tracking Indicates That Sony's Spin-Off Could Break An Opening Weekend Record

Initial opening weekend forecasts for Venom indicated that Sony's film could rake in between $30 and $50 million, but the latest tracking estimates are quite a bit more positive.

Now, Pro Box Office reckons the first solo outing for the ferocious Marvel Comics villain/antihero could amass between $55 – $85 million over the course of its first three days on release.

This obviously remains to be seen, but should Venom manage to climb higher than the $50 million mark it has a very good shot at breaking the October opening weekend record currently held by Gravity ($55.8 million).

Venom fans. I'll never fully get it but they def support.

I was not expecting to even hear rumors of this movie breaking any records.

IMG_6454.JPG

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/6/29/15891252/spiderman-homecoming-review-tom-holland

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...e-best-spidey-movie-of-all-time/#7e6a311537df

https://www.newsweek.com/review-spider-man-homecoming-best-spider-man-movie-date-631246

http://whatculture.com/film/12-reasons-spider-man-homecoming-is-the-best-spidey-movie-ever

Last edited:
SM3 :rofl:

giphy.gif

"Now dig on this"

What was Raimi thinking? Son fully indulged himself.

Plus I see in this scene or just realized he squeezed in some clone saga Peter backhand knocking MJ away :lol: Crazy

Back
Top Bottom