Spike channels Deadliest Warrior (Ninja vs. Spartan) !%+!!!

So I'm pretty sure most of you have seen Deadliest Warrior on the Spike channel.

The episode I want to talk about is the episode between Ninja vs. Spartan.

- http://www.spike.com/blog/blood-on-sand-ninja/76628

To my knowledge the show deals mainly with weapons which I think that is the biggest flaw. They take skill in mastering these weapons to the littlestconsideration.

The spoiler is:

The Spartan won.

If you've seen the 3 minute reenactment they present in this episode about the Ninja vs. the Spartan, I think there were to many mistakes.

- The ninja Keep running away from opportunities where he can strike and kill
(throwing smoke bombs into spartan helmet and eyes)

- The ninja throws the ninja stars at the wrong time
( you would think the ninja would throw the stars when he thinks is the best opportunity)

- The ninja constantly runs from the spartan.

- The battle happens in the day time.

- The Ninja didn't utilize his Kitana enough.

- A ninja would kill the spartan in his sleep.

I think a Ninja would win. 1 vs 1. A spartan is at it's mightiest in a group and Phalanx.

The Spartan's shield is what proved to be the deciding factor in his victory.

He had so many exposed/vulnerable areas on his body. Heavy artillery, his helmet creates blind spots. So many things that were not considered in my opinion tohave caused him to loose.

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Oh and another thing was some of the choices of weapons that the demonstrated. The Spear against a ninja would not work at all.

I have never felt like I wasted my time on anything as much as I did watching this episode.

I agree, but on the setting of the fight it has to be pretty even. The advantage of having the fight at night would go to the ninja, and it has to be a littlebit fair.

But if it were like 3 spartan vs 1 ninja at night woulda been dope.

its spike they would pick the spartan! They appeal to the UFC kinda crowd.....history channel/Nat Geo would of picked ninja and probably would of doneappropriate research

Originally Posted by imperialh8

To my knowledge the show deals mainly with weapons which I think that is the biggest flaw. They take skill in mastering these weapons to the littlest consideration.
There is no possible way for them to make skill a factor. Most of these warriors have been extinct for hundreds of years. Beyond that, thesewere all individuals.

I just watched the Shaolin Monk vs Maori Warrior episode.
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
was vicious.

Originally Posted by TannerVon

its spike they would pick the spartan! They appeal to the UFC kinda crowd.....history channel/Nat Geo would of picked ninja and probably would of done appropriate research
Ah...good point. Damn those meat heads at Spike. 3 Spartans vs 1 ninja would be sick!!

ya the yakuza vs. mafia was whack i thinka the yakuza woulda won just off there training. common the mafia was juss swinging a bat anyone could do thet and aice pick! psh

If the show was called "Natural Born Killer" then yeah I'd say the ninja would win. But they way they set it up is a gladiator fight to thedeath. Any external factors outside of which weapons kill the quickest aren't considered. So while the Ninja had several weapons that oppened upopportunities to land a killing blow they couldn't straight up kill with every weapon which cost them in the mono y mono style of battle.

Originally Posted by cjspida619

ya the yakuza vs. mafia was whack i thinka the yakuza woulda won just off there training. common the mafia was juss swinging a bat anyone could do thet and a ice pick! psh

WORD! Any close to close combat, garauntee the yakuza would win this some kung fu @#*$.

Originally Posted by vdubsta

Originally Posted by cjspida619

ya the yakuza vs. mafia was whack i thinka the yakuza woulda won just off there training. common the mafia was juss swinging a bat anyone could do thet and a ice pick! psh

WORD! Any close to close combat, garauntee the yakuza would win this some kung fu @#*$.
Seriously....They had a freakin bat as a weapon and they demonstrated it like it was awesome. So anyone in the MLB could be in the mafia??? Thisshow is full of BS. It's the Yakuza!!!

Some of the match ups are very incongruous. The Spartan Hoplite played a very different role then a ninja. One was a front line, cog in a powerful infantry andand the other was an assassin. The Samurai versus Viking was also wrong. It should have been Samurai versus Knight because that would have been a bettercomparison of European versus Asian weapons since Knights were like the Samurai and were full time, dedicated, professional warriors.

Because of my background in kendo, I have a lot of appreciation for the Katana but they might well have lost against a well trained knight. A knight wastrained in swordsmanship, had heavier armor, an excellent shield and an array of blunt weapons. Also, many people conflate the Samurai of various eras. In theKyoto period the Samurai were great horse borne archers, in the Senguko period they were skilled swordsmen and in the Edo period, they were philosophers andpoets. Those three eras are combined to create a perfect warrior and that perfect warrior never really existed.

We'll never know for sure the outcome but the speculating is very fun.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

The Spartan Hoplite played a very different role then a ninja. One was a front line, cog in a powerful infantry and and the other was an assassin.
Saw the episode and this was my exact thought. Ninja's are built to go it alone and would probably have the upper hand one-on-one.

ninja's didnt use the katana blade. because that is a samurai weapon. ninja sword is straight, not bended, like the katana

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

ninja's didnt use the katana blade. because that is a samurai weapon. ninja sword is straight, not bended, like the katana

The Ninjato is
pimp.gif

he cut through a pig with one swing! through the pelvis too!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

on a side noe the pirate vs knight episode was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

son got shot in the face!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by imperialh8

To my knowledge the show deals mainly with weapons which I think that is the biggest flaw. They take skill in mastering these weapons to the littlest consideration.
There is no possible way for them to make skill a factor. Most of these warriors have been extinct for hundreds of years. Beyond that, these were all individuals.

I just watched the Shaolin Monk vs Maori Warrior episode.
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
was vicious.
The ending quote of the Polynesian dude was hilarious
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude said (not word for word), "Chinese? Look at them they're small. Computer Progam? Probably made by Chinese too!"

The words aren't exact but he sure had me dying

The ninja would win. Spartan warriors had a code of conduct, albeit ruthless, and honor system. A Ninja is caught to get the job done by any means necessary.Honor does not effect their bottom line. The Ninja would have poisoned the Spartan's food or killed him in his sleep

Back
Top Bottom